News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Summer Fun Contest (ENTRIES CLOSE SEPT. 2)

Started by Vismund Cygnus, July 22, 2014, 08:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vismund Cygnus

On behalf of Jefe962:

Metroid Construction Summer Fun Contest

Alright, welcome to a new contest, to make people more active during the summer. Credits to Vismund for feedback on these rules.

Rules

1. Hack has no Minimum/Maximum room allowance. Go nuts!
2. Hack must be Summer themed.
3. Collab hacks are allowed.
4. Each entry must have at least 1 Boss in it.
5. Edit some Palettes and make them really summer-themed, and/or/even strange, but try to make sure they don't burn out our eyes.
6. It requires an ending, not just a room that has the words "You've finished" spelt in the BG.

Additional Notes (Vismund's Amendments):

• For those requiring the end-game BTS, you can get it here.
  • Post your submissions in this topic by September 2nd. late entries will not be accepted.
  • Bug fixes/v1.0010102 bullshit will be DQ'd from voting. The patch you first submit will be the patch judged. Test your hack.
This contest will run from now, until Tuesday September 2nd, 23:59:59 forum time. There will be no extensions.

Hacks will be judged similar to ROTW.
Have fun creating some great entries!

Jiffy

Glad to see this up! Good luck to everybody that's entering, because I'm in it too.

Retroo

i dont even know what collab hacks means..

Jiffy

Quote from: retroknuckles on July 22, 2014, 09:03:57 AM
i dont even know what collab hacks means..

Collab hacks are basically hacks where 2 or more people work together to create it.

Alisa Orlova

del

Vismund Cygnus

Hmm, it depends on 2 things:

• Do you have brain damage?
  • Are you willing to get brain damage?
If you answer no, we probably can't work together.  :colonrightv:

Alisa Orlova

del

Vismund Cygnus

Oh the smack-talk!
It's okay, I've already got one of those girlfriend things, and I even conscripted someone with sufficient levels of brain-damage to appease me.
See you next mission Alisa!

Quote58

Hahahaha that was wonderful.
Anyway, I have no idea whether I'll be in this. Prolly not though since I have 2 hacks currently going. So unless someone wants to collab (ie. I make the code for their hack) I will likely not contribute to this. But its always good to have  some incentive for more hacks so good luck all!

MetroidMst

Quit being a wuss. It only takes a single week to make an amazing hack. That won't detract from your other hack projects.

Vismund Cygnus

Minor bumpedit:
There've been a few complaints about having a limit on the number of rooms allowed, and I agree it's kind of a dumb limit, as 50 rooms is a lot for a minihack, but too few for anything sort of larger. Basically, if people want to make 150 rooms for their hack, and think they can do it in the time, then why not let them?

So there are no limits on number of rooms.
Happy hacking!

Lunaria

Sonic adv 3 GFX] IN SUPER METROID (2/2)

What do I win?
[spoiler]No I'm not actually entering, good luck to you other peps though.[/spoiler]

Alisa Orlova

del

Lunaria

Jiffy

Crys, I thought you knew better. This is monstrous and it will stop you winning the contest.

Lunaria

When I made that hack and video back then, nope, I did not. :>

MetroidMst

ALRIGHTY THEN MORTAL HUMAN BYSTANDERS! I found some inspiration, and now the only thing the rest of you are hoping for is 2nd place! I present to you, the most epic trailer that shows absolutely nothing about the hack it is trailering ever! PREPARE FOR A FUN SUMMER GRAPE PUNCHERS!

SLC Trailer

Quietus

Oh, no you don't, Mst.  I see what you're doing... :O_o:

Take the words from your trailer, and swap the letters for their numerical counterparts, then total them, and you get:
SLC = 34
SUN = 54
PYRAMID = 86
Also, that trailer's post in this thread = 17
and the seconds in the trailer = 28

86 + 17 = 103
54 - 34 = 20
103 X 20 = 2060
2060 - 28 = 2032.

It's a trap! :whoa:

Quote58

Holy shit that was clever Quietus. Too bad there are 29 seconds in the trailer :P ZOMG FEAR WILL BE HERE 1 YEAR EARLIER #2031HYPE

Alisa Orlova

OMG, what is wrong with me?!
Anyway Check out my HOT Summer Contest trailer.

[Spoiler= Video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bju4HlzPdF8&feature=youtu.be[/spoiler]

Eppy37

Quote from: MetroidMst on July 30, 2014, 02:31:12 PM
ALRIGHTY THEN MORTAL HUMAN BYSTANDERS! I found some inspiration, and now the only thing the rest of you are hoping for is 2nd place! I present to you, the most epic trailer that shows absolutely nothing about the hack it is trailering ever! PREPARE FOR A FUN SUMMER GRAPE PUNCHERS!

Quote5. Edit some Palettes and make them really summer-themed, and/or/even strange, but try to make sure they don't burn out our eyes.

Make sure you actually follow that rule this time.

MetroidMst

Quote from: Eppy37 on July 30, 2014, 05:24:21 PM
Quote5. Edit some Palettes and make them really summer-themed, and/or/even strange, but try to make sure they don't burn out our eyes.

Make sure you actually follow that rule this time.
If it is named SLC, a potential candidate for that would be So Little Color, and we all know where that will end up. . .

Quote from: Quietus86 + 17 = 103
54 - 34 = 20
103 X 20 = 2060
2060 - 28 = 2032
I congratulate you on finding the secret meaning.

Quietus

Quote from: Quote58 on July 30, 2014, 04:42:26 PM
Holy shit that was clever Quietus. Too bad there are 29 seconds in the trailer :P ZOMG FEAR WILL BE HERE 1 YEAR EARLIER #2031HYPE
That's bizarre.  It says 29, but when I watch it, it ends at 0:28 / 0:28. :^_^:

Vismund Cygnus

It's gotta be So Little Contest. Mst is running low on ideas and has to steal them all from Smiley.

snibsnib

How about So Little Controls? One button to run jump and shoot :)