News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Summer Fun Contest (ENTRIES CLOSE SEPT. 2)

Started by Vismund Cygnus, July 22, 2014, 08:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetroidMst

That is an acceptable idea snibbers. BUT IS IT WHAT THE THING WITH THE HACK IS ABOUT DONE? I am so pumped for this hack, I think it will sweep the top 3 by itself.

personitis

Quote from: MetroidMst on July 31, 2014, 10:55:53 AMI think it will sweep the top 3 by itself.
Bottom 2 of all time you mean (since everything can top SLT)?

Digital_Mantra

Alisa Orlova, the muff ain't enough.
also make her hair and pubes green.
classy. yeah.

Jiffy

It's almost 2 weeks left until entries come! :D

Jordan5

Retroo

I will not make my hack done for this becuse of... i work on another hack that i really enjoy working on i dont want to destroy that also becuse of [spoiler]CS GO!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :^_^:[/spoiler] anyways  i will tell my concept first you come to a room that it is winter in so you go to the next room wich is a challenge room when you done with that room you go back to the winter room and its a summer room!!! and thats 1 level i did plan to do 10 ;D

Vismund Cygnus

I believe you mean 29, as I based the closing time on default forum time, for the greater good and the benefit of all involved.
29 hours is, incidentally, more than enough time to make an entire hack. Will you topple the record of "fastest time to make a hack ever"?
No, because I made Spikes in 45 minutes.
Happy hacking!

Jordan5

Well, I guess i'll post my entry now as i probably won't have any motivation to do any more to it.

This is Super Metroid: Magaluf! and is meant to be just a fun, easy(ish) and relaxing hack to balance out whatever MST makes :heheh:

It's not as big as i wanted it to be as i had no laptop for a couple weeks and had a lot of bugs to fix etc. but it's beatable and hopefully fun. 100% is 30% and if you guys like it i'll probably work on it at a later date.

Oh, and i'm sorry about the horrendous graphics of a PLM I redrew, I can't draw to save my life :lol:

[spoiler=Story]
Samus takes a break from bounty hunting for a girls holiday to Magaluf #Shagaluf #BitchesOnTour. Unfortunately before she arrives, she realises that she has forgotten to pack suncream and so goes on an epic adventure trying to find some.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=A huge thanks to:]
Auximines for the JB patch
Black Falcon for skipping ceres
JAM for item events and loads of other stuff
Rakki for his CRE patch
Scyzer for Save/Load
SniperEighteen for Sunburn :grin:
Grime and DSO for bugfixes
Everyone on IRC for helping out (like person and cloud etc.)
If i've missed anyone, let me know :^_^:
[/spoiler]

EDIT: This isn't part of the competition, i just didn't want to make another thread for it. I've attached a v1.1 which contains bugfixes etc.
[spoiler=changes]
Start with 99 energy
fixed BTS errors
fixed the famous permastuck
changed enemy damage in the grapple lake so everyone is happy :grin:
changed big and small energy pickup values
fixed item percentage (finally!)
and a few other minor details you probably won't notice :lol:
[/spoiler]

Jiffy

Just to let you know, there's a bug with BF's Skipping Ceres patch; if you die without saving, then you die constantly. Just to let you guys know when you play. :)

Jordan5

There's a save like two rooms from the start so i hope you can make it :wink:

Quietus

Quote from: Jefe962 on September 01, 2014, 10:28:45 AMJust to let you know, there's a bug with BF's Skipping Ceres patch; if you die without saving, then you die constantly.
That's no bug.  It's a feature - a built-in hardcore character mode. :^_^:

Daltone

I won't have anything for this, too busy this month and I started something that turned out to be bigger in my head, I'll keep working on it anyways.

Will update this post with reviews and such once they are all submitted and all that if this will be the topic for that

Retroo

bug report: If you are on this statue and go in morp ball form and then going all the way to the right until you touch the slope you will get stuck![spoiler][/spoiler]

Quietus

Uh-oh, that's a newbie error.  Somebody's going in the hall of shame. :heheh:

Jordan5

fuck, i thought i made all slopes above the chozo solid :cry: but seriously, who actually does that? :heheh:

Quietus

When you consider that we're experienced Metroid players, exploring every nook and cranny is as normal as you can get. :^_^:

Smiley

Meh. I guess this thing done. Maybe. Even if it isn't, I'm still releasing it. Have fun with grapple rooms.

[spoiler=lol story]
I  first found myself in some weird research lab. It was there that I found remote bombs and nuked the place.
Then I destroyed a bunch of ice demons or something on some other planet and stole a spaceship.

After the theft I did a metric ton of other things, destroying a bunch of planets in the process. Now I just want a peaceful vacation.[/spoiler]

100% is 100%, but there is also a "true 100%" thing. You'll know it when you see it. If you ever see it.

[spoiler=Credits. Or something.]
Quote58 - A tileset and some ASM help
Scyzer - Shorter item pickup sound thing
DSO - Tileset repoint thing
Mon732, jefe962 and Charles_Black - Testing (accual testing yey:D:D:D)

And anyone I forgot, but I do not forget.[/spoiler]

Retroo

Vismund Cygnus

So entries close in an hour, I'm not finished, so unless some things are being dropped soon looks like we've got a rather small field of competitors.
Git tew et

Eppy37

I currently plan to stream the entries on Saturday

MetroidMst

Welcome to So Little Collab, definitely not a collab hack by Vismund and yours truly. (And special mention to Quote, for reasons)

[spoiler=Story]
Being a bounty hunter, Samus keeps her ears out for potential work. Of course,
anyone worth their salt knows of King Tut's treasure, but there are rumors
that what was discovered was only a small portion. Having gathered some leads
from a local Earth-bound Shaktool, Samus sets off for Egypt and the valley of
the blazing Death Sun. After landing, she soon realizes it was dumb to trade
both Varia and Gravity for this information. . .

Of course, it would not be an ancient tomb without traps in it. Pharaoh's curse
is not something to be trifled with, and soon the place is swarming with all
manner of vicious beasts wanting to devour the soul of all intruders!

The only real question is this; Will Samus blow up Earth too when she is finished?
And really. . . Why would a Shaktool give Samus good information? She has
been destroying the innocent creatures for two straight So Little hacks now. . .
Is it all an elaborate trap? Or is the treasure real?
[/spoiler]

Have at it and whatever. (And please note, direct all hate for bad ideas to vismund_cygnus@dontcareaustraliaistryingtokillmerightnow.com)

EDIT: Changed the attachment to a truly fixed version, because reasons and such and this is a hack worthy of all the fixing it can get.
EDIT EDIT: Because truly fixed isn't really truly fixed, I have really and totally fixed it now. Hawntah's thing, and Dopey found another, plus I done goofed a thing and fixed that too. So now it should be good. Still painful, but working properly at least!

TheAnonymousUser

[spoiler][/spoiler]
Hope there was nothing of interest beyond here, because the game locks up during the door transition. This happens in both ZSNES and snes9x (the most recent versions).

Mon732

Quote from: TheAnonymousUser on September 03, 2014, 06:16:02 AM
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Hope there was nothing of interest beyond here, because the game locks up during the door transition. This happens in both ZSNES and snes9x (the most recent versions).

I have tried this with both the released version and the test version I had.
The transition works on the test version but not on the released version. Something broke between the two versions...

EDIT: Well, Vismund found the problem...
Mst added a shyguy that was half inside a solid tile causing it's AI to throw a fit.
In other words, Mst is a gigantic plonker.

Quietus

[spoiler]There are Shyguys in Mst's hack[/spoiler] :grin: