News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid Physics

Started by personitis, December 20, 2009, 03:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Metroid game had the best physics?

Metroid
0 (0%)
Metroid II
2 (4.8%)
Super Metroid
27 (64.3%)
Metroid Fusion
1 (2.4%)
Zero Mission
12 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Crashtour99

Lack of a run button in Fusion and ZM totally killed it for me.  Maybe it's just me, but having more buttons for greater versatility in controls totally won SM for me (plus I actually like the floaty physics). 

Jimmy John Joe

I wish I had the motivation to make 20 gag accounts just to vote Zero Mission. If you think ZM is too fast, that's fine. If you like having a run button, that's fine. If you think the floaty jumps from Super are good, you're a weirdo, but I won't judge you for it. Super Metroid just makes things WAY floatier than they really need to be. Plus, jumping is a big problem. If you're walking (not running) and you jump, your horizontal speed goes down the crapper. Then, if you jump while running, your horizontal speed doesn't seem to change at all, which is jarring. I will say that wall jumping in Super is easier, but that's all it gets.

FelixWright

Really torn between ZM and Fusion's physics. I felt that fusion's physics are a good translation from SM to a smaller wider screen, and a great intermediary between SM and the arcadeyness of ZM physics. At the same time however Fusion totally ruined IBJ and IWJ so I'm with ZM on this one.