News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

SM Evacuation

Started by personitis, July 07, 2014, 01:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

personitis

Download (unheadered patch)

Literally the product of boredom. I've also wondered why Samus never thought of this before...

ianfrombristol

Completed with 1% items  :heheh:

Smiley

JAM

Best mini-hack I played. =) Well, at least that cool as HISHE.

That's what Samus in this hack is thinking:
[spoiler=]Oh, it's closed? I'll try another one. It's closed too? Screw you all, I'm quit[/spoiler]

Grimlock

Post some screenshots if you find some time.  I don't have a lot of time right now to patch a rom and do a run through but I'd like to see your work.

Retroo

Quote from: Grimlock on August 09, 2014, 11:38:48 AM
Post some screenshots if you find some time.  I don't have a lot of time right now to patch a rom and do a run through but I'd like to see your work.
this hack does not need any ;D

personitis

Quote from: Grimlock on August 09, 2014, 11:38:48 AM
There is nothing to grab a screenshot for except for a message in the background. You can finish this goofy thing in a matter of 2-3 minutes.

Also working on making improvements. Why? I guess because I can. <_<

Quietus

I guess you could an an extra 'HA'. :^_^:

Vismund Cygnus

Quietus

Samus: "Damn it!  I left my Bounty Hunter Licence in my purse on the ship." :^_^:

personitis

Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on August 10, 2014, 03:58:55 AM
I got bored, so now I hold a world record.
-vid snip-
Good job. Now go for the 18 that I know is possible. Heck, it may be possible to get a 17. :heheh:
I thought something was possible, but it turns out I made some edits to that ROM. So off a fresh patch, I got a 19!

knuckles

[spoiler]Make it so that after you step off of the ship it's blocked. Makes more sense having to shinespark off the planet if she can't leave from the ship.[/spoiler] But what do I know anyway, this is a nonsensical silly hack. edit: unspoiled it?

Kitsune_Phoenix

*deleted post*

Quietus

Quote from: Kitsune_Phoenix on August 12, 2014, 05:54:38 AM
Sshhhhhh.... No spoilers.
Jusr for you, I've spoilered the entire hack. :^_^:
[spoiler]Run, jump, run, crouch, shinespark.[/spoiler]

JAM

Me too.
[spoiler]This hack is about premature evacuation. =)[/spoiler]

Grimlock

Quote from: knuckles on August 11, 2014, 04:10:42 PM
[spoiler]Make it so that after you step off of the ship it's blocked. Makes more sense having to shinespark off the planet if she can't leave from the ship.[/spoiler] But what do I know anyway, this is a nonsensical silly hack. edit: unspoiled it?

Or just make the landing site a pit of death, nothing but pure metroidy pain after you jump off the ship. So much fun Samus will be screaming for more (or maybe just screaming from all the dying and what not)

Pure genius and I'm just giving it away for free...

Quietus

Quote from: Grimlock on August 15, 2014, 02:56:26 PMOr just make the landing site a pit of death, nothing but pure metroidy pain after you jump off the ship.
Super Metroid: Impossible v2.0 - Legit Title Edition :razz:

Qactis

Wait shouldn't it just be
[spoiler]Samus flying away from the planet and not her ship?[/spoiler]

personitis

Quote from: Qactis on August 24, 2014, 12:42:24 PM
Wait shouldn't it just be
[spoiler]Samus flying away from the planet and not her ship?[/spoiler]
Quote from: person701 on August 09, 2014, 03:49:53 PM
Also working on making improvements. Why? I guess because I can. <_<
You also have just given me an idea... A small finish if you will.

Quietus

Or maybe on the screen when you see her descending toward Zebes, she actually just flies straight pas it, and off the side of the screen. :^_^:

SpoOkyMagician

Not sure if you could but, what if you made it "save the animals" and hide samus's ship sprite. It would look like samus is speed boosting off the planet without the ship.
:heheh: :grin:

~ SpoOkyMagician

JAM

person701
I have idea too how you could improve it. =)
[spoiler]Show the ending time as seconds:frames as I did for Green Peace. That's why some players got 99:59 :grin: And only after that you can detect the best speedrunned of your hack ever =)[/spoiler]