News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

I Wanna Be The Metroid

Started by Maxg26, July 06, 2014, 01:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxg26

This Is My First Metroid Hack I Have Ever Made, I Was Inspired To Do This By Super Metroid Impossible, The Layout Of The Map Is The Same But There Skills You Need Spikes Everywhere And Some Areas You Cant Skip Anymore. If You Cant Do Walljumps, Mock Balls Or Bomb Jump, Dont Bother Trying If You Do I Dare You To Do It Without Savestates. (Something I Havent Done, Although It Is All Possible) Here Is The Download Link From Media Fire Good Luck https://www.mediafire.com/?me0vy7zm5vv2fy8

P.S. If You Dont Like It Dont Say Its Too Hard Because Its Meant To Be.
Edit: After Some Hate Comments Im Just Saying If You Dont Like Hard Games Than Dont Play This Game

Lunaria

>Caping the first letter in most words.
>Mediafire
>plox comment but no mean words!

Quietus

Also, to avoid having this locked, please make sure you get some screenshots and / or a video up.

Smiley

Quote from: Maxg26 on July 06, 2014, 01:23:18 PM
I Was Inspired To Do This By Super Metroid Impossible...Spikes Everywhere And Some Areas You Cant Skip Anymore...I Dare You To Do It Without Savestates. (Something I Havent Done, Although It Is All Possible)

Please Dont Hate It.

You don't make a very good first impression when it's possible to tell it's a bad hack without even downloading it. :neutral:

Not even screenshots. Tsk tsk.

Jiffy

I Was Inspired To Do This By Super Metroid Impossible

I think we can tell it's gonna be bad already.

Quietus

There's not really anything wrong with Impossible.  It sets out to be the hardest skill based hack out there, and it succeeds.  If you can perform all of the tricks, you won't complete it, but that doesn't mean it's bad, just targeted at a select few players.  It's worse when you're just looking forward to a normal hack, to then find you're killed repeatedly by stupid hard difficulty spikes (pun intended). :neutral:

Quote58

Quote from: SMILEuser96 on July 06, 2014, 01:34:47 PM
Not even screenshots. Tsk tsk.
Well to be fair, we could probably make the screenshots ourselves by simply adding spikes to all the surfaces
Please Dont Hate It.
Counter offer - We tell you that we hate the hack, you take that criticism, and use it to build a better hack.
Or, you can get mad and not work towards something more than LOOK THERE'S SPIKES EVERYWHERE.
Either way, not matter what hack you make, there will be criticism, and there will be people that hate it. Saying not to dislike something is cowardly and naive.
Quote from: Jefe962 on July 06, 2014, 01:40:46 PM
I think we can tell it's gonna be bad already.
Hey, impossible is great. Hush you.

Zhs2

To Win The Game You Must Take Hammer To Nintendo Console Super And Smash Vigorously For Great Justice, Hard Hacks Are Now Overrated, Not That A New Challenge Comes Along Every Day But You Know, Hacks With Spikes All Over Them Do Receive Poor Criticism Because Everyone's Played That Shit Since 2009, Like Seriously, Who Wants To Touch Those Anymore, Not To Mention This Post And Likely Every Post After It Will Judge Your Hack Without Even Having Tried It Because Nobody Knows If It Looks Interesting Without Screenshots (In Fact That's Every Post In This Topic Not Yours), If You Blow Up At This Post It Is Your Own Damn Fault And You Brought This Upon Yourself

P.S. If You Don't Like It Don't Say It's Too Harsh Because It's Meant To Be And Please Don't Hate Yourself.

Hawntah

Quote from: Crys on July 06, 2014, 01:30:40 PM
>Caping the first letter in most words.
>Mediafire
>plox comment but no mean words!
What's wrong with Mediafire?

personitis

Quote from: Zhs2 on July 06, 2014, 05:52:29 PM
To Win The Game You Must Take Hammer To Nintendo Console Super And Smash Vigorously For Great Justice, Hard Hacks Are Now Overrated, Not That A New Challenge Comes Along Every Day But You Know, Hacks With Spikes All Over Them Do Receive Poor Criticism Because Everyone's Played That Shit Since 2009, Like Seriously, Who Wants To Touch Those Anymore, Not To Mention This Post And Likely Every Post After It Will Judge Your Hack Without Even Having Tried It Because Nobody Knows If It Looks Interesting Without Screenshots (In Fact That's Every Post In This Topic Not Yours), If You Blow Up At This Post It Is Your Own Damn Fault And You Brought This Upon Yourself

P.S. If You Don't Like It Don't Say It's Too Harsh Because It's Meant To Be And Please Don't Hate Yourself.
Post of the year.

Lunaria

Quote from: Hawntah on July 06, 2014, 09:38:36 PMWhat's wrong with Mediafire?
What's not wrong with Mediafire?

On that note, we do have an attachment functionality on the forum in case people are unable to provide direct download links.

JAM

From what I saw, it's currently the worst hacks 2014 nominee #1.

Place the spikes everywhere (even spikes floating in the air) and even not making them animate it's not good idea for a skill hack. Really. It was done so many times already...

This is what can be called a good challenge without spike hell. Or this.

Quote from: Quietus on July 06, 2014, 01:45:45 PM
It's worse when you're just looking forward to a normal hack, to then find you're killed repeatedly by stupid hard difficulty spikes (pun intended). :neutral:
Sure thing. =)

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Or this.