News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Community Z-Factor (1.3) Race

Started by MetroidMst, May 21, 2014, 10:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Z-Factor Version?

8 (42.1%)
11 (57.9%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: June 01, 2014, 04:15:57 PM

MetroidMst

Alright, so if we're getting a date that isn't in August. . .

Does July 5th work for people?

Also, as for time, it has been suggested to me by a certain Aussie who wants to join that perhaps around 4PM EST for a start time.

Quietus

I'd suggest that you could chase your tail forever with this.  You'd be better to just pick a date and time, and run with it.  If it doesn't work, or if not many make it, you can try another time later.

Vismund Cygnus

And certainly don't try and schedule it around us upside-downians. We're broken.
Hopefully I'll be in for this one, but if I'm not, I'm not. Whateverz. I was looking forward to doing this blind though.

Quietus

Maybe you could schedule that as a separate event, Vismund?  Pick a date and time that you want to stream, and invite any and all to view your Zaridian torment explorative pleasures. :^_^:

jk16bit-palmy-

I think setting the date in the next 3 weeks would be a good Idea. As nice as it would be to have an Optimal amount of people in, we should REALLY have a permanent date set. 

For that matter, ask those with the craziest time frames to collaborate and find a common "day/night off" they all share and have THAT be the date.

Vismund Cygnus

The week after next (that is, the first week of July) would be pretty great for me. I would be able to make it!

MetroidMst

You have a few minutes under a week now! Remember, July 5th, 4PM EST. (Figure your own timezones and such, math is too much for 'Murica)

Jiffy

Hey, 4pm works for me!

Great to see this happening. Hopefully I can stay up for an hour and a 1/2 after the race starts.

squishy_ichigo

I have to say that I completely forgot about this little event, and will unlikely be able to participate.

Ah well, have fun kiddies.

Vismund Cygnus

Dang. A day earlier and this would work perfectly - although you Murcans would be celebrating anyway yeah?
As it stands, I might be able to do this anyways. I just might now have time to finish.

MetroidMst

If you are still planning on doing it blind, you aren't going to finish anyway. :P

Vismund Cygnus

Well, I haven't practiced yet, and I have no intention of doing so. Bring it.  :heheh:

Daltone

I dont think ill have time for it. have fun fellers

Dessyreqt

Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on June 30, 2014, 12:09:16 AM
Well, I haven't practiced yet, and I have no intention of doing so. Bring it.  :heheh:

Just so you know what you're in for, I just played through it using the map (semi-blind, I had played through to Maridia before, about a year and a half ago.) I took about 5:41 IGT to complete, probably around 7 hours real time. I'd like to think I'm a decent SM player, and there were definitely some tough sections. I'm still trying to figure out how many items I'll be getting.

Good luck!

MetroidMst

Alright, forum was having fun times hiding for a couple of days but it is back now. Just a reminder that today is race day. 4PM EST is when the countdown begins, so if you happen to be setting up at 4, you will be a little behind. Just a fair warning, you have just over 2 hours left!

Vismund Cygnus

Hope the race is going/went well for all involved, sorry I was unable to make it, the time zones confused me too much.
I'll be sure to do this whole "blind run" at a later date. It will happen.