News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Saving/loading routines

Started by Quote58, June 13, 2014, 12:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote58

Right, so I'm wondering if anyone around here knows the addresses for the saving/loading game routines. I Have new variables and such that need to be saved into sram just like the doors/plms/events are in the original. There's plenty of room in the allotted ram transferred over for each save, however to get them transferred and retrieved at the correct times (when saving and loading), I need to know the start of those 2 routines. If anyone can help me out with this it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Metaquarius

Quote7E:D820 - 7E:D86F    Event bit array. 30-6F are never used
Unless you need a whole lot of values, I'm pretty sure unused event bytes might just be enough. Otherwise, I haven't looked into saving routines, so can't help.

P.JBoy

Look no further than bank $81: $8000 for saving to SRAM and $8085 for loading from SRAM

Quote58

Ahhh, see I was looking there but in your bank 81 doc I it didn't specify that the first part was saving, so I wasn't sure if that was still the main routine for it. Thanks so much!