News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid: Arrival

Started by Jiffy, May 28, 2014, 04:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jiffy

The bubbles were in one of the screenshots.

Anyway, concept.

Retroo

Quietus

I think it would work better if you had some visible rock formations above Samus on the way through, then have those same rock formations be what 'falls' afterward.  It'd probably portray the cave-in more than random blocks appearing. :^_^:

Su

That ship is very impressive.

Jiffy

Quote from: Dragon-Tamer795 on June 10, 2014, 01:27:32 PM
That ship is very impressive.

Wasn't expecting it would be good. I just made a darkness for it.

Quote from: Quietus on June 09, 2014, 05:42:31 PM
I think it would work better if you had some visible rock formations above Samus on the way through, then have those same rock formations be what 'falls' afterward.  It'd probably portray the cave-in more than random blocks appearing. :^_^:

So far I haven't put it into the actual hack yet (as this is just a concept). It would need to be less overlooked like the concept to look decent in game.

AldoNoba

Nice Work, ship looks amazing. i just wonder how youve done that event with the rocks.

Jiffy

People seem to like the ship...

Pretty simple actually, just use Room States OR do Separate Rooms.

Smiley

I feel obligated to mention that the ship is by Red_M0nk3y a.k.a A_red_monk_called_Key.

Jiffy

Ah, I thought people were referring to the Wrecked Ship tiles. Silly me :P

Link to Red Monkey's Ship GFX:

http://metroidconstruction.com/IPS/Red-M0nk3ySMShip3.ips

Jiffy

youtu.be/YELViTWrsvU

Progress. I feel guilty for not really doing much progress reports.

personitis

Pretty basic stuff you're showing there, but I'm liking the palette. What I'm not liking/use to is seeing an elevator float with nothing under it.

Quietus

Yeah, the elevator did look a bit weird, and it doesn't seem to do anything but break flow.

Jiffy

I feel the urge to start on the next area.

Jiffy

Minor bump.

Expect to see a Crateria like this.

[spoiler=2Crateria4U]

[/spoiler]

Quietus

Not bad, but, as is always the case, straight edges ruin the natural feel of the surroundings.

Retroo

keep show us stuff!  :awesome:

Jiffy

I don't want to show everything yet! >:D

Quietus

But we're not asking for that much, are we?  We just want to see what's between the intro and the credits... :^_^:

MetroidMst

Retroo

after keep show us stuff i was going to write but not to much but then you maybe think i belive you show to much  :awesome:

Jiffy

Personally I'm showing the right amount. I need enough to be shown to you when you play, at least.
In other news, ETA late 2015 - early 2016 :p

Quietus

Quote from: MetroidMst on August 07, 2014, 08:18:09 PM
That's my job Quietus!
I stand corrected.  Show MetroidMst everything, and he'll assess whether it's worthy of public display. :^_^:

personitis

Quote from: Quietus on August 08, 2014, 06:45:00 AMI stand corrected.  Show MetroidMst everything, and he'll assess whether it's worthy of public display. :^_^:
That or he'll yell at you with a conglomeration of buttnuggeted words squished together like the goof he is.

On topic, I'm a but lazy to pick apart and make an extensive explanation of your tileset there so I'll simply say: I like it and it looks good and what you've built is pretty snazzy.

knuckles

Quote from: person701 on August 08, 2014, 04:53:56 PMI like it and it looks good and what you've built is pretty snazzy.