News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Sprite Set

Started by Blade, May 26, 2014, 05:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade

Is there a way to edit the other Sprite Sets, besides Set 0?
I tried many different ways and used different versions of DH but everytime I managed to move some sprites in Sprite Sets 1 and/or 2 the game crashes and I'm no longer able to open the rom (in most rooms I can't even see the sprites in Set 1/2, but i know they are there)
Is there a solution for this?

Hawntah

Quote from: Blade on May 26, 2014, 05:26:47 PM
Is there a way to edit the other Sprite Sets, besides Set 0?
I tried many different ways and used different versions of DH but everytime I managed to move some sprites in Sprite Sets 1 and/or 2 the game crashes and I'm no longer able to open the rom (in most rooms I can't even see the sprites in Set 1/2, but i know they are there)
Is there a solution for this?
It seems to be yet another buggy feature of DH. You could try doing it manually using a hex editor. In the Header Editor, change "Sprite Group" to whichever set you want to edit, then write down the number after Offset without the first 8. Open the ROM in your hex editor, and Goto the offset you got before. Each sprite is represented by 3 bytes, the first byte is the x position, the second byte is the y position, and the third determines what sprite it is.. so just play around with the values until you get the results you want. Note: I've only tested this in Zero Mission, but it should work the same way in Fusion.

Blade

Thanks, that seems to work  :^_^:

Hawntah

I'm glad to hear that. It's always nice to have more people hacking the GBA games. :nod:

FlamingCobra

You see, exactly this kind of shit is why I still use a version of Double Helix from 2012. It seemed to be more stable back then.