News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Community Z-Factor (1.3) Race

Started by MetroidMst, May 21, 2014, 10:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Z-Factor Version?

8 (42.1%)
11 (57.9%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: June 01, 2014, 04:15:57 PM

Digital_Mantra

If 1.3 wins the vote, I just want you guys to know that whoever wins first wont be number 1. They would be 1.3.
My logic is irrefutably infallible.

Vismund Cygnus

Voting 1.3 because I need an accurate map, also the easier the better because I'm a pleb bitch

Eppy37

As much as I hate myself for doing this, I voted for 1.0, mainly because it's the only one I've played and KIND OF know. I will play 1.3 if need be...

Blade

I would love to join your guys in running this amazing hack.
But this would be my first speedrun, so I'm not the best in such things  :eyeroll:

MetroidMst

ALRIGHT PEOPLE! 1.3 won by a tally of 11 - 8, so we're going easier on ourselves for this.

Now the question becomes, what day works for people? Looking at the calendar it seems that 21, 22 and 28, 29 look like possible dates. Anyone have anything to mention about what works for them?

Daltone

i reckon a saturday night will work best for me, i work in the am most days.

ill have to figure out the chat thingy, i hope im not expected to stream my play off my snes

Quote58

Only 28/29 for me, exams until like, the 26

Jiffy

21 is probably a Saturday so thatll work for me.
Not sure about 28/29, might be at my Dads

Vismund Cygnus

I don't know when I'm free.
I'm glad we're doing 1.3 though. I like my map.

thedopefish

The 27th and 28th work poorly for me.  Everything else in June be fine.

MetroidMst

Well, if things don't balance out well for June, perhaps early July? Could be first couple of weekends there if that is better.

Jiffy

If it's Late July (20th and later) then that's the Summer Holidays for me, and I'm clear of school then. I don't yet know as of now plans for July to do with going to my Dad's (which I don't even wanna do...).

Metaquarius

Quote from: MetroidMst on June 02, 2014, 10:24:47 PM
ALRIGHT PEOPLE! 1.3 won by a tally of 11 - 8, so we're going easier on ourselves for this.
Reason has prevailed ! Mst, no gate for you. :lol:

MetroidMst

That gate was the only reason to play the hack at all though!

Digital_Mantra

I have a very forgetful memory, so when I practice a game I master it.
Shame after speedrunning this and route mapping long ago, I'm short up on contesting.
Have other games currently besting. But yeah, I am and will always be with the V1 team,
which apparently only consists of me and MetroidMst. Any others?

Also this race should have a set date.
You think weekly SRL bingo races hold off for each individuals time frame? Fuck that. RACE!

Quietus

I'd wager there are at least six others. :heheh:

MetroidMst

Quote from: Digital_Mantra on June 06, 2014, 01:58:36 AM
You think weekly SRL bingo races hold off for each individuals time frame? Fuck that. RACE!
Key word being "weekly" in that sentence. People know it is happening at that time, and they know if they miss it, no big deal. Next week. This is sort of a 1-off deal here, so I want to make sure we include the maximum amount of people who want to participate.

personitis

Quote from: Digital_Mantra on June 06, 2014, 01:58:36 AMBut yeah, I am and will always be with the V1 team,
which apparently only consists of me and MetroidMst. Any others?\
I still haven't completed Z-Factor, but I do agree that the original would be my preferred as is the case with many other hacks. This is unless later versions are to make vast improvements and correct errors rather than make difficulty changes (except when said difficulty changes steer the hack away from save state abuse).

Su

Quote from: MetroidMst on June 06, 2014, 10:25:57 PM
1-off deal here

D: How big of a noob do you not have to be in order to participate?

Su

I think I have just proved my point. How do you delete accidental double posts?

MetroidMst

Quote from: Dragon-Tamer795 on June 07, 2014, 07:25:28 AM
I think I have just proved my point. How do you delete accidental double posts?
You don't. Also, anyone is welcome to join in once we get the date/time set.

Su

Even with this level of ability?
Quote from: craighypheno on May 22, 2014, 01:49:55 PM
[...]it would be by far the longest race thingy ever with how far behind I would be![...]

Also, I can't see the map in your first post. Is the link down?

FullOfFail

Has anything on this been decided? It's probably easier to throw out a new date, like July 5th, and go forward from there. It'll be impossible to fit everyone's desired schedule, but I'm sure we can find common-ground amongst the %. It doesn't matter which date, but a Saturday would seem the most logical. It's the mid-summer for most people who go to school, the weekend for most people who work, and also inbetween on the time-zone issue, so if people have to wake-up early, or go to sleep late, it won't matter as much. Nothing has to be set in stone just yet, but it's easier for people to plan these events weeks in advance.