News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid: Starburst

Started by Tyjet66, September 30, 2010, 05:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyjet66

Super Metroid: Starburst

Hello, I know you all are waiting for Supernova, but I needed a break from that. So I present to you a one room hack for you all to enjoy.

This is beatable in real time without savestates, although I HIGHLY suggest savestates as the grapple section and spacejump section can be a bitch without them.

Required skills:
Mid air morph
Walljump into mid air morph
Mockball (with a flat ceiling)
Speedball (with a flat ceiling)
A decently short charge, not requiring stutter walk

You beat this after you get the energy tank (you'll understand.)

This is for unheadered!

Please enjoy!

JAM

I've passed it. Really hard without savestates, so I used them. Space Jump and Ice Beam parts were hardest for me.

Just 2 notes: starting position is a bit incorrect. You start with feets digged in the ground and can't walk until you jump. Substract 8 from Samus Y in the starting area load station.

And second: are these spikes supposed to not to move?

Tyjet66

I know of the starting error, the moving spikes error and the map error, I was an idiot and rushed this in like 2-3 hours. Any further one room hacks will be much more optimized. For me, the grapple part was the only hard part, with the ice beam part being slightly tricky.

JAM

Why just not to make a fixed version?

Scyzer

Quote from: JAM on October 03, 2010, 08:19:03 PM

Because it's an incredibly short one room hack, and people who've played it most likely wont play it again for the sake of being able to walk when you start. It just isn't worth the effort.

Tyjet66

Quote from: Sadiztyk Fish on October 03, 2010, 09:03:03 PM
Quote from: JAM on October 03, 2010, 08:19:03 PM

Because it's an incredibly short one room hack, and people who've played it most likely wont play it again for the sake of being able to walk when you start. It just isn't worth the effort.
This, and I'm lazy.

Bigmac9137

Well, since I suck I can't beat this, can't do mockball even with that flat ceiling.
Doesn't seem easier with new usb controller either...