News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid Master Blast

Started by mrrichard999, April 30, 2014, 11:31:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grimlock

How's Metroid Blast going?  Did you guys have any success swapping out the mapper?

Kitsune_Phoenix

*deleted post*

mrrichard999

Quote from: Grimlock on March 21, 2015, 10:59:37 PM
How's Metroid Blast going?  Did you guys have any success swapping out the mapper?

The mapper is in but I am waiting for Dr.Floppy to do the music first and not waiting to see what Snarfblam does with his new expansion stuff before I go ahead. I may want to take advantage of he implements into this hack.

In the meantime I have been working on translating Japanese Wizardry games :) Once everything comes together with the new features and music I will resume working on this again :)

Kitsune_Phoenix

*deleted post*

mrrichard999

Quote from: Kitsune_Phoenix on March 23, 2015, 06:44:29 PM
Speaking of which, I heard that Snarf would eventually do the MMC five. Such a thing would allow for vastly enhanced music... I once heard somebody's MMC5 rendition of the Kraid theme, and it was awesome.

Currently we got the VRC7 mapper on it thanks to Dr.Floppy. Its got some great sound to it :) Hoping to incorporate Snarfs expansion with this mapper to get great results.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLE3lm8XVORkmjdZBl2q8DWUi5htRz7uM

Kitsune_Phoenix

*deleted post*

mrrichard999

If its possible within the game sure!

Grimlock

It sounds like you'll have a lot of potential with that mapper!  Does it load in Editroid?  It seems like you might need a custom build to get it to properly edit.  Unfortunately It would appear carting it with your new mapper would prove extremely difficult and costly to find the right donor carts, if you are interested in carting that is.

mrrichard999

It definitely works with Editroid. :) I am really hoping that the music for the levels will sound nice with this mapper addon :D

As far as carting it goes I haven't really given it much thought, I guess a PowerPak might work? I guess when the time comes towards the end somebody can play around with it.

Kitsune_Phoenix

*deleted post*

snarfblam

Quote from: Kitsune_Phoenix on March 24, 2015, 08:50:56 AM
PowerPak?
NES Flashcart. Good for testing hacks and homebrews on real hardware (although I found out the hard way that it's not a perfect analog to a normal cart).

Quote from: mrrichard999 on March 24, 2015, 08:12:30 AM
As far as carting it goes I haven't really given it much thought, I guess a PowerPak might work? I guess when the time comes towards the end somebody can play around with it.
If I recall correctly, if you're using VRC7, you'd need to mod the PowerPak to get the extra sound channels and then mix them with the audio output of the NES. Probably want to search NesDev or NintendoAge for the PowerPak audio mod.

Stinktier

It's correct. the extra channels of the VRC7 won't be heard on harware without a mod to the base unit. The mod is the simplest there is. All that is needed is a 47k (or similar value) resistor to be soldered where they omitted a connection for the NES that was there in the famicom. They did so to accomodate for possible expansions that never happened.