News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

SM Screenshot Mini-Game

Started by Metaquarius, April 21, 2014, 05:05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RT-55J

[spoiler]1a) uhh... Shouldn't there be a slope or something in frame?
1b) and uhh... shouldn't Samus be farther forward relative to the camera?
EDIT: Oh duh. You edited the Power Bombs out of the HUD. It should be rainy still.

2a) The blocks containing the hopper on the right haven't been destroyed, so there should only be one hopper-thing in the picture.
2b) The power bomb blocks to approach that screen from the bottom have not been broken.

3a) The grapple beam can't break shot blocks.
3b) uhh... Where'd the explosion/beam trail come from? EDIT: Yeah. I'm pretty sure that's not produced by a
or uhh... isn't the lower platform in the picture a bit to high to be there? and what's the deal with the bottom scanline? Why isn't it a continuous black line?

[/spoiler]

EDIT: Edited and stuff.

Also, I have some ideas for Metroid 2, if anybody wants a change of pace.

Vismund Cygnus

[spoiler]How'd you find the Green Chozo statue?!  :lol:[/spoiler]

personitis

Quietus

Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on April 25, 2014, 03:51:29 AM
[spoiler]How'd you find the Green Chozo statue?!  :lol:[/spoiler]
Here's a topic with a video.  It should help you access the room. :nod:

Quote from: person701 on April 25, 2014, 03:57:22 AM
Quote from: Quietus on April 24, 2014, 04:32:18 PM
[spoiler=Quietus' image][/spoiler]
I see nothing wrong here.
That's because you're a fellow professional. :cool:

Scyzer

[spoiler=weeeeeeee]
1A. There's no rain, yet Samus has no PBs.
1B. Samus has not explored the area above the Ship, which cannot be avoided in normal gameplay since the ship follows that path automatically.

2A. The right bug is in the open, but the block which conceals him is still there.
2B. Samus hasn't explored the top part of the room, but also hasn't destroyed the blocks below her to get there from below.

3A. The cloud BG is wrong. Those are the clouds that appear further down in the room. It should be dark brown and grey up there.
3B. That item in the ceiling does not have a dot on the map to mark it.
[/spoiler]

Metaquarius

Scyzer winz !!! You're too strong :nod:

ROUND3

Scyzer

[spoiler=is it my turn yet?]
1A. Samus's Spazer shot cannot be in that position given the positions of the Gadora shots. With the speed that the Gadora fires shots, for the upper shot to be in that position with a second shot aiming downwards, Samus has to have just landed from a jump. At the speed of Samus's beam, for the Spazer to be there, she would needed to have fired while she was in the air near the ceiling, so the beam would be higher up.
1B. Samus has Gravity, but without PBs, cannot access Wrecked Ship. Crateria Lake entrance blocked by PB door, and back entrance through Maridia is blocked by Noob Tube and right-facing green gate.
1C. (Thanks to SMILEuser, I didn't know this one) . Beam should be the same colour as Gadora shots!

2A. The background is different to what should be in that room.
2B. Both gates have the light switched on, indicating they are both moving. Samus cannot get to the position she is in without triggering the left gate before the right, so they cannot possibly be both in the same position while still closing.

3A. Samus cannot be charging her beam while a HUD icon is selected other than PBs or XRay. Selecting Missiles, Supers or Grapple turns off charging.
3B. The yellow pillar in the floor on the left has been raised 1 tile.
[/spoiler]

Smiley

[spoiler]1. Gravity without Power bombs
Eyeball's eye balls should be the same color as Samus' beam

2. Wrong background
The gate lights shouldn't be on (and can never be, because they're just tiles, not PLMs)

3. Charging super missiles
The left light is one tile too high[/spoiler]

snibsnib

[spoiler]2. I didn't think that sidehoppers dropped PB's (although you could get zebs (those fly things) to fly across and then kill them). [/spoiler]

M1CR0H4CK3R

[spoiler]Pic 1: Gravity, no PBs; Gadora shots mismatch beam color (thanks SMILEuser96)
Pic 2: Gate lights; only one crumble block crumbled
Pic 3: Charging while Supers selected; pillar is raised one tile[/spoiler]

Did I win?

Aran;Jaeger

[spoiler]There is nothing wrong about having Gravity without Powerbombs in PAL version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuQHgSOZaj8
(Also, check out my other Super Metroid videos :D ). (I will introduce myself later when most parts of my Super Metroid analysis is done)
Edit: Actually, due to Taco´s new leftside GGG method at this same place but for NTSC, Gravity can now theoretically also be gotten in NTSC without Powerbombs.
[/spoiler]

Zero One

Quote from: Aran;Jaeger on April 27, 2014, 08:52:42 AM
[spoiler]There is nothing wrong about having Gravity without Powerbombs in PAL version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuQHgSOZaj8
(Also, check out my other Super Metroid videos :D ). (I will introduce myself later when most parts of my Super Metroid analysis is done)
[/spoiler]

Yes, but these screenshots are likely not from a PAL version, considering we don't yet have a tool capable of hacking the PAL ROMs. Therefore, it's quite wrong.

Retroo

[spoiler]charge while super is slected[/spoiler]

Jordan5

Here we go!

[spoiler]
1) Gravity without PB which you need, beam colour should be the same as eye shots.
2) Laid a PB while another is exploding? unless thats an enemy drop. both gate lights can't be on.
3) Charging beam while Supers are selected. Not sure that life-sucking enemy can make it down there also.
[/spoiler]

Quote58

[spoiler]Picture 1 - a) Spazer is too far down b) beam colour is used by eye balls (these two were the first I saw)
Picture 2 - a) gates should not be lit up b) background is tiled slightly differently from normal
Picture 3 - a) left pipe is 1 tile too high b) obviously charging a beam is not going to happen when supers are selected lol[/spoiler]

Metaquarius

And SMILEUser96 has got all the correct answers. Thanks to the participants. The Spazer Beam thing is just me being careless with editing sorry.
So I did the first rounds like I was advised to do so it's all yours now.

Scyzer

Being careless with editing still means another thing not possible normally XD

Anyways, here are some I made. There are 3 things wrong with each screenshot.

MetroidMst

[spoiler=First pic]
1: Energy dot on the screen can't be there with two Side Hoppers there.
2: Bomb placed on ground hasn't exploded, and Samus has a Charnged Bomb spread.
3: Not enough Lettuce Leafs.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Second pic]
1: Doing Kraid before before Ridley.
2: Terrible item% for entering Tourian.
3: Water level is doing weed it is so high.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Third Pic]
1: Enemy is frozen while Ice Beam is unequiped.
2: No lava is visible in the room while Samus has come from above due to shot blocks not being destroyed.
3: PROFIT[/spoiler]

Smiley

[spoiler]1. Bomb on the ground while charging the bomb spread
The room to the left has been visited without power bombs
Sidehoppers are alive, but there's an energy dot. (Unless you got the bug from below and killed it there...)

2. Water level is too high
Door is open, so statues aren't breaking = Draygon's alive, but Samus still has Space Jump
Map should have a dot

3. Enemy's frozen, but Ice is unequipped
There should be lava (unbroken shot blocks means Samus entered from the top)
There's no way for the fireball to be there[/spoiler]

Dessyreqt

My first thought with the first picture is that you charged a spark and then morphed and dropped a bomb, all after luring a zeb up there. It's a lot of work, but certainly possible.

Aran;Jaeger

About the first picture:
1. One does not need Powerbombs to enter that room on the left side in which the PB. pack and the sidehoppers are (Ice+Wave or Ice+Spazer is sufficient).
2. About the bomb and bright Samus simultaneously: One could also create 5 Murder-Beam-Orbs (maximal number of particles that can be active simultaneously), load another orb and release it while crouching or standing up or turning around to brighten up the suit and lay a bomb. But, again, for Murder-Beam all the beams are needed and Plasma can only be obtained in PAL version without Powerbombs (using that freeze-GGG again, collecting Gravity without PBs, using the Botwoon-skip-route, killing Draygon and getting back to Plasma). Plasma can now be gotten in NTSC without Powerbombs (while staying inbounds) in NTSC, too.

Smiley

Quote from: Aran;Jaeger on May 02, 2014, 08:13:14 PM
About the first picture:
1. One does not need Powerbombs to enter that room on the left side in which the PB. pack and the sidehoppers are (Ice+Wave or Ice+Spazer is sufficient).
Interesting. So it's somehow possible to get through power bomb blocks without power bombs? Or, alternatively, get through crumble blocks from the side? I'd really like to hear some sort of explanation on this.
The only thing you could possibly mean (that I can see) is ice clipping through the lower crumble blocks, which would lead to the bottom part of the room, which hasn't been visited...

Aran;Jaeger

Quote from: SMILEuser96 on May 02, 2014, 08:28:26 PM
Interesting. So it's somehow possible to get through power bomb blocks without power bombs? Or, alternatively, get through crumble blocks from the side? I'd really like to hear some sort of explanation on this.
The only thing you could possibly mean (that I can see) is ice clipping through the lower crumble blocks, which would lead to the bottom part of the room, which hasn't been visited...
I was talking about one of my methods for Super Metroid: (freeze the red guy slightly behind the crumble block to align the ball against the frozen creature instead of the block. Then use a bomb to destroy the crumble block.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RJ8SO0MsR4
Also, since I do not want to fill this forum with links to explain different things too often (whenever it would be needed) one could maybe watch some of my Super Metroid videos, too, provided that one is interested in such stuff, of course (but I do not want to be intrusive).

personitis

There is indeed a way to get into that room through the top door that requires ice beam and bringing a Zeb all the way up there, like Dessy has said. I'm looking for the video currently and will edit once I've found it if I find it.

Pre-post update: aaaaaaand ninja'd.

Scyzer

I felt I didn't need to mention this, but the mistakes and whatever should only be counted if they aren't possible in a normal game without glitches or hacking. .

So far, there's 2 mistakes in those pics that haven't been found :3