News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

SM Puzzle Races

Started by Jordan5, April 16, 2014, 06:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jordan5

So I've tried out a few of the puzzles recently, but now I'm stuck on #18
[spoiler=Here's the puzzle...][/spoiler]

So I just defeated GT and was about to head to Maridia when I realised I was stuck. After you exit the Green Gate room, you can powerbomb through the roof but as I can't use morph thats not possible. After going right through the rising acid room, there's the tall shaft that you normally space jump up and screw attack through the blocks. Because I don't have space jump or any form of bombs I can't destroy these blocks. There isn't enough room to charge a shinespark either. So basically I'm completely stuck.

The items I have and can use are:

Gravity
Screw Attack
High Jump Boots
Speed Booster
Charge, Ice and Spazer beam
Missiles and Supers

Any ideas?

EDIT: I forgot to say that you can find all of the puzzles here. They're pretty fun to mess around with :^_^:

Quietus

Are you talking about the room with the gold pirates in?  If so, Charge + Spazer + Ice = frozen pirates.  Frozen pirates = new platforms. :^_^:

Plutia

You couldn't have gotten space jump before going to GT? Would that have been against the rules?

Quietus

Yes, it'd be against the rules.  You get Space Jump from defeating Draygon, but you can't get to Draygon without defeating Botwoon, which breaks the main rule sequence.

Jordan5

Quote from: Quietus on April 16, 2014, 07:44:51 AM
Are you talking about the room with the gold pirates in?  If so, Charge + Spazer + Ice = frozen pirates.  Frozen pirates = new platforms. :^_^:

Wow, I can't believe I didn't think of that :mad:

Thanks Quietus!

Dessyreqt

Quote from: Quietus on April 16, 2014, 08:16:48 AM
Yes, it'd be against the rules.  You get Space Jump from defeating Draygon, but you can't get to Draygon without defeating Botwoon, which breaks the main rule sequence.

Well it wasn't known at the time, but there are actually two ways to get to Draygon without skipping Botwoon. One involves using frozen enemies to clip through walls and go through cactus alley to get to him, the other involves going out of bounds using x-ray and using a wrong warp to cactus alley from the crab gate room.

Quietus

I presume you meant defeating Botwoon there, but yes, I suspect that with enough advanced technical chicanery, almost any run will eventually become possible. :^_^:

Dessyreqt

Oh yeah, good catch. Without defeating Botwoon.