News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

weekly screenshot minigame

Started by Retroo, April 27, 2014, 02:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retroo

so this is like the same thing that Metaquarius did but now i make a topic of it
               every week i will post 1 to 3 pics in the pics there are something wrong
                     ---   can you se what? first who find whats wrong is best --- :colonrightv:

week 1:         [spoiler][/spoiler]
                         [spoiler][/spoiler]

Vismund Cygnus

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy did you feel the need to make this topic when, as you stated, Metaquarius already made one?

TheAnonymousUser

@Vismund
Good point. Not sure if someone wants to nuke this thread or merge it with Meta's. I'll answer this anyway.

What I've found:

Image 1:
[spoiler]-There is no way samus could have gotten into that room without going through a door (which I don't see)
-Does the screenshot being strectched count as an error? I know people can get picky over screenshots
-I don't honestly remember, but I think there is no way you can have more than 5 supers before getting the grapple beam (excluding sequence breaks...smile's done enough, here)
-Oh, yeah, and samus has the grapple beam when she shouldn't[/spoiler]

Image 2:
[spoiler]-Aside from energy, the item values are the same from the previous screen (36 missiles, 6 supers and 1 power bomb)
-The spazer beam is missing. General assumption is this room was opened using smile (enabling both spazer and plasma via smile also activates the murder beam when testing)
-The mini-map is missing.
-I honestly don't remember my snes controller having 2 R buttons (R acesses the map and status screen). What world have I been living in all this time?[/spoiler]

Zhs2

Honestly? I don't really see a problem for multiple people who want to run their own of these kinds of threads; breaks up the quizzes and answers into an easily followable format. The next question, however, is the worth in giving something like this its own board - something I'll definitely consider if it becomes super popular, like people pulling trivia screenshots from different hacks!

also I don't have any real input for this topic sorry

Retroo

TheAnonymousUser
[spoiler]good! take a look at the second picture on varia [/spoiler]

Quietus

Quote from: TheAnonymousUser on April 27, 2014, 05:50:13 PM
[spoiler]-There is no way samus could have gotten into that room without going through a door (which I don't see)
-Does the screenshot being strectched count as an error? I know people can get picky over screenshots
-I don't honestly remember, but I think there is no way you can have more than 5 supers before getting the grapple beam (excluding sequence breaks...smile's done enough, here)
-Oh, yeah, and samus has the grapple beam when she shouldn't[/spoiler]
To answer these:
[spoiler]1, They're above where you can see in the picture.
2, Image is irrelevant.  It's about the room, and the game's possibilities.
3, You can have practically everything in the game before getting Grapple. :^_^:
4, The room pictured is right after Grapple, and is the intended way out from its area.[/spoiler]

TheAnonymousUser

@Quietus
[spoiler]1. What I meant to say was that the mini-map doesn't show that samus has entered this room from the right door.
2. Stretched sreenies are just a gripe of mine. May not be the case for everyone else. Worth a shot though.
3. I feel ashamed for this, but I've never sequence broken crocomire over my 13 years of metroid, so I can't say anything here.
(Mental note: Sequence break crocomire in the next run. Until then, someone strangle me)

4. The mini map doesn't show that samus has been to the left (where the grapple beam sits).[/spoiler]

@knuckles
Nooo...you weren't supposed to spoil it...
I kid. Your game, your rules.
[spoiler]But yeah, I noticed the missing part of the r in 'varia'[/spoiler]

Quietus

Regarding Crocomire: Since he dies from one charged Plasma shot, it's a satisfying break, since you get to see him run backwards in one go, straight to his doom. :cool:

TheAnonymousUser

Quote from: Quietus on April 28, 2014, 08:01:10 AM
Regarding Crocomire: Since he dies from one charged Plasma shot, it's a satisfying break, since you get to see him run backwards in one go, straight to his doom. :cool:
I know, right. It's one of those things I've seen a lot of, but never really done (without cheating, of course)
And then there's power bombs...heh...

Quietus

Do you mean the Hero shot, to sequence break and get the normal set?  Or, since we were talking about Crocomire, did you mean getting the set near him?

TheAnonymousUser

Quote from: Quietus on April 28, 2014, 03:47:47 PM
Do you mean the Hero shot, to sequence break and get the normal set?  Or, since we were talking about Crocomire, did you mean getting the set near him?
The what now? I was making a joke about the fact that the plasma beam is a one-hit kill on crocomire, and power bombs piss crocomire off.
(Damn, I suck at describing things)

When will the next round begin? Seems I'm just futher making an ass of myself all over crocomire and grapple norfair...I want to make an ass of myself on something else, now

Quietus

Hehe, no problem.  I thought you were still on about sequence breaking is all. :^_^: