News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

GeoGuessr Challange

Started by squishy_ichigo, April 10, 2015, 07:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squishy_ichigo

So I found out about this additively fun game called GeoGuessr that uses google maps to create a game, where you try and figure out where you are!  I've wanted a game like this for a long time.

So here's some semi loose rules, so we can play together!

-First off, only use the features that the game itself gives you. This means, 'street view' and the map that you use for choosing your guess, AND THATS IT. You have to use your knowledge of different countries, languages, flags, geography etc to figure out where you are!  This means, no Wikipedia, no Google maps, etc.

-Secondly, after you complete a challenge from someone else, put your score in a post in this topic. If you start your own challenge, and what to share it, put the link that you are given after you complete it in this topic, with your score.

-Please keep comments on the challenges to spoilers.  And people who plan on doing challenges, don't be a cheaty mcgee and read spoilers before you do the challenge, be a cool guy and play fair.

This is all based on a trust system, and I really want to see if anyone else here is as interested in this game as me.  I really hope so!  Games take about thirty minutes to an hour, more or less depending on how much time you want to spend.

---------

SQUISHY'S FIRST CHALLENGE
https://geoguessr.com/challenge/5JHlca7tuRJcWF48

My Score: 16247

[spoiler=My thoughts]This is only my second time playing GeoGuessr, and I'm still learning how to get guud.  I second guessed myself a few times, which made me loss some points, but for the first three, I was in the right country, which is great.  I'm not familiar with most of these languages, but was able to guess them well enough.  Street signs where a major help in this one.  I used the map to try and get as close as I could get, but ended up in the wrong places anyways, ohwell.

The fourth one was my downfall.  I thought it was [spoiler]France[/spoiler] but ended up going with a different country all together, because I tried using the route numbers. :<[/spoiler]

Quietus

I got 14732.  Not bad considering I only got 65 on the first one because I didn't know what I was clicking. :lol: