News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super metroid Pacience (half hack)

Started by crimsonsunbird, January 02, 2014, 05:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crimsonsunbird

personitis

Despite me already downloading the rar, some screenshots would do well for this topic. Though I've noticed there are some in the rar, it'd be a good idea to put them into the first post. :)

QuarterCircleMetroid

Is it supposed to be patience as in "my patience is running thin for not having screenshots in threads" or is Pacience a made up word?

re: i sound really douchey.

Vismund Cygnus

Quote from: QuarterCircleMetroid on January 02, 2014, 06:22:06 PM
Is it supposed to be patience as in "my patience is running thin for not having screenshots in threads" or is Pacience a made up word?

I think it's patience as in: "Despite being patient with Crimsonsunbird the first time he released a shitty half hack, as he was new to hacking, and then maybe being a little angry the second time, because he'd learnt nothing new and had not taken any advice, this third and final one just does it."

[spoiler=Intense anger]This is the first hack that's actually made me angry. You really have learnt nothing. All three of your hacks are just god awful. Instead of learning anything from anyone, you've gone and made 3 hacks that are basically the same shit. You have literally done the same terrible, terrible work 3 times now, not improving on anything, whether that is tiling, difficulty, actually making a hack, etc.
This is bad. Thank christ you call this your final half hack, because maybe now you will go and actually learn something about hacking. Until then, maybe actually read some tutorials, learn how to make something look good, enter room of the week and take some constructive criticism. I mean, come on. You talk about not using spikes like your some fucking revolutionary! THAT IS NOT A GOOD THING THAT IS NORMAL

TL;DR Please learn to hack before you make another thing, ever.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=If you thought I was too angry this will cheer you up]

[/spoiler]

ianfrombristol

Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on January 04, 2014, 05:53:35 AM
Quote from: QuarterCircleMetroid on January 02, 2014, 06:22:06 PM

I think it's patience as in: "Despite being patient with Crimsonsunbird the first time he released a shitty half hack, as he was new to hacking, and then maybe being a little angry the second time, because he'd learnt nothing new and had not taken any advice, this third and final one just does it."

[spoiler=Intense anger]This is the first hack that's actually made me angry. You really have learnt nothing. All three of your hacks are just god awful. Instead of learning anything from anyone, you've gone and made 3 hacks that are basically the same shit. You have literally done the same terrible, terrible work 3 times now, not improving on anything, whether that is tiling, difficulty, actually making a hack, etc.
This is bad. Thank christ you call this your final half hack, because maybe now you will go and actually learn something about hacking. Until then, maybe actually read some tutorials, learn how to make something look good, enter room of the week and take some constructive criticism. I mean, come on. You talk about not using spikes like your some fucking revolutionary! THAT IS NOT A GOOD THING THAT IS NORMAL

TL;DR Please learn to hack before you make another thing, ever.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=If you thought I was too angry this will cheer you up]

[/spoiler]

Wow  :whoa: That really did make you angry, didn't it?

edit:

Now I'm the angry one  :blush:  I seem to have got myself stuck after getting morph ball (I need missiles or wave beam to proceed)   :mad:  :mad:  :mad:

crimsonsunbird

(google translate)
acquire bomb,and search for missiles in brinstar

About the criticism, I will try something else worked

ianfrombristol

Quote from: crimsonsunbird on January 04, 2014, 11:01:52 AM
(google translate)
acquire bomb,and search for missiles in brinstar

About the criticism, I will try something else worked
Thanks Crimson - I'm going to stick with this and see how I get on.  I'm not a rage quit kind of guy by nature (well may sometimes  :wink:)

PS Don't give up on the hacks

M1CR0H4CK3R

Okay, ranting time!

[spoiler]Now I'M angry! This

is the worst example of hacking I have EVER seen! Why make Spore Spawn mandatory after getting Missiles, then block him with a Super Missile door?! I checked my entire area I have explored in SMILE, and this is the ONLY way I am SUPPOSED to be capable of going! I even IBJ'ed back to Crateria and got the extra pack of Missiles, which ended up being useless! Can't access the Wrecked Ship without the Gravity Suit either! The only hack I enjoyed (somewhat) from you that I could COMPLETE was ferrawrd, and that one was made badly anyway! Seriously, PLEASE learrn how to actually hack better BEFORE making another hack! I know I never made a hack myself, but that was because I knew I needed more skills than I had at the time! Even now, I still don't have what it takes, and I know that. That is why I don't attempt to make something that will turn out HORRIBLE like you have done![/spoiler]

TL;DR: Learn to hack better, as everyone else is saying. Errors like the one shown in my spoiler (I assume you at LEAST saw the image) will make people here hesitant to play any future hacks from you if you don't improve your hacking skills first.

Edit: It turns out that Spore Spawn DOES require Super Missiles, and that it was intended. I skimmed over a Missile door in Red Brinstar, which lead to Norfair, which, after a short multi-room heated run, lead to the first pack of Super Missiles. However, the design of the hack is STILL pretty bad, and my argument still stands.