News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Room of the Week 2014 - Archives

Started by Quote58, April 19, 2012, 09:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grimlock

It is with great honor that I have been asked to unveil some of the world's finest products slated to be sold at the upcoming grand opening of the official Metroid Construction store!

Jefe featured product:
[spoiler]How could you resist slapping this baby up on your dining room table this coming holiday season.  Coupled with a tri-force of vanilla scented candles and bliss!!!  You can't go wrong:

[spoiler]

*Also available in blue!
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Vismund Featured Product:
[spoiler]Now view the world as you've always dreamed.  Through the eyes of the legendary Vismund Cygnus with the all new patent not pending Vismund Vision goggles!

[spoiler]

BUT WAIT THERES MORE!!!!  :grin:

Future "Eye Definition" vision enhancing products, or commonly known as "E.D. vision" corrective lenses (no pills required).

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Grimlock Featured Product:
[spoiler]Not to forget those with a more sophisticated visual palate.  Now you too can own your very own oil pixel based fine art in our Grim collection:  (Currently on display at the Smithsonian museum of art)

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Cloud20

MST vision, haha I lol'ed   :grin: :grin: Nice job Grimlock

Grimlock

Quote from: Cloud14 on November 06, 2014, 03:47:34 PM
MST vision, haha I lol'ed   :grin: :grin: Nice job Grimlock

Fried Chicken sold separately!   :heheh: :grin:

Kte

Holy crap, Grimlock. Even better than ever this week.  Rotw is at least twice as good now.  :grin:

MetroidMst

Quote from: Kte on November 06, 2014, 08:18:52 PM
Rotw is at least twice as good now.
You sell my own true apprentice short! Not only are his rooms the only real competition I have, his reviews add more interest to the general masses pathetic attempt at room building than the people building them do! AND NOW IT IS TIME TO TAKE DOWN ANOTHER PERFORMANCE SO BAD IT MADE MICHAEL JORDAN COME OUT OF RETIREMENT AGAIN TO SUPPORT HIS BOWLING LEAGUE!

[spoiler=Beware the language ahead!][spoiler=Grimlock]It appears you have learned the secret of MONOCHROME PLANTS! YES INDEED SHEEPLE! WAKE UP AND TAKE NOTICE. Monochrome plants are the prime way to hide things in plain sight! As your eyes are trying to stay open and awake, your mind shuts off to any potential hidden secrets! AND WHEN THAT HAPPENS, YOU END UP IN A DARK ROOM WITH A TRANSVESTITE LOOKING FOR BLOOD! Sometimes, you just have to take a chance and reach down the pants you know. This is why you should never trust monochrome plants![/spoiler]
[spoiler=Vismund]You know, I have to say that this is the best room you have ever made. IT APPEARS YOU FINALLY LEARNED HOW TO COLOR. The one absolute must-thing to do with this room now? USE FLEX GLOW SO ALL THE BLOCKS "SWAP" COLORS WITH EACH OTHER EVERY FRAME! The lack of doing so would result in catastrophic events causing a cascade reaction of ebola-infused spiders to spread the white plague all over the galaxy. And you wouldn't want to be responsible for killing off the aliens, because they will kill you back.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Britguy]YOU USE BUBBLES! You have learned something finally it appears. HOWEVER! You are still lacking on one very simple component. LOOK AT YOUR BG! DO YOU SEE WHAT IS WRONG? You used the two different types of tiles to add some extra flavor to it. BUT YOU FAILED TO DO ANYTHING WITH IT! WHERE IS THE LOL OR :D? I hope your angst goes away soon enough so you can spend time doing the important things, like things in the background! IT IS LIKE YOU FINALLY REALIZED YOU GOT A BONER, BUT YOU DECIDED IT WAS CANCER AND TRIED TO BLEACH IT OFF. YOU DON'T DO THAT, YOU STICK IT IN A DONUT AND HOPE FOR THE BEST.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

personitis

The shit you come up with Mst... :nope:

I know usually I'm pretty good about giving my thoughts on the rooms, but this week I'm lazy and needed some more content in order to properly reply to Mst's post. That said, Grim's room is very nice looking for NEStroid and Jefe's room feels really plain. Vismund gets vote cause colors.

TheAnonymousUser

[spoiler=Grimrock]It's not often NEStroid can look pretty. My only concern is the lack of colour variety. The more I look at those 'nests', the more they look like samus eaters...
(Don't know if it's just me, but the right side of the room looks like the baby metroid chamber)[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Visymund]!Voted!
This needs to be a hack. Now.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Jiffy]The placement of the bubbles just feels odd for me and the background looks a bit too saturated for unheated norfair. Although I like what you did with the rock formation (because platforms can't float)[/spoiler]

TheAnonymousUser

Apologies for double posting. But seeing I'll be without the net for the weekend, I don't think anyone will mind if I post my room now.

[spoiler]

Shout-outs to cloud for the lava thingy[/spoiler]

Quietus

That's a really nice Norfair room.  I think it may take some beating for me this week. :^_^:

MetroidMst

Quote from: Quietus on November 07, 2014, 04:36:30 AM
That's a really nice Norfair room.  I think it may take some beating for me this week. :^_^:
You have no idea how much bile has already come up from glancing at that room. . .

X-tradyte

[spoiler=It's been Aegis since I last posted a room][/spoiler]

A room in that maze hack i'm making. Uses Fake Aegis tileset thanks to Bloodsonic.

Vismund Cygnus

That is one extremely uninspired background you've got there.

Grimlock

Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on November 08, 2014, 10:12:39 AM

Snowing maybe?  Might look good animated.

X-tradyte

Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on November 08, 2014, 10:12:39 AM
yeah, im not exactly familiar with the background to the tileset, i generally dont do well at bg anyways..But it still looks decent ingame.

Cloud20

Quote from: TheAnonymousUser on November 07, 2014, 04:16:58 AM
[spoiler]

:grin:

Landing site:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

And little bonus the whole Equinox planet:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Jiffy

[spoiler=Brin Back The Blue][/spoiler]

Quietus

Since the vines are natural, they look very odd with such symmetry.

Grimlock

I revisited the monochromatic "dead zone" of my Kraid area today:

I'll probably make a few more minor changes before calling it done.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Here's the old version:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

EDIT: made a few minor changes and replaced the "updated" screenshot.

Mon732

Quote from: TheAnonymousUser on November 07, 2014, 04:16:58 AM
Apologies for double posting. But seeing I'll be without the net for the weekend, I don't think anyone will mind if I post my room now.

[spoiler]

My reaction: Hmm, that's a nice norfair room.. Holy shit that lava is awsome!

Lunaria

* Crys claps
That's some nice looking lava, very creatively handled too!

Qactis

He who has no name, your room has captured my heart

Digital_Mantra

the anon user, that is such a creative way to use lava. genius. im thinkin why didnt i think of that. because im not as awesome as you, thats why.

Quietus

TheAnonymousUser for me too.  Much like last week, it's just a quality vanilla room. :^_^:

FullOfFail

Woah... I'm surprised how well the sunken rock parts actually look. Bet it's sexy as hell ingame too. Looks fun to navigate. Good stuff.

Quietus

I think it's doubly effective because of the layered stalactites also giving the appearance of depth.