News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid Cristener Homenag

Started by Vismund Cygnus, December 10, 2013, 01:37:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vismund Cygnus

Best Hack 2013
Super metroid Preview Hack 2014
[spoiler=Patch was too big to attach, have this]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/197193308/Super%20Metroid%20Cristiner%20Homenag.IPS
[/spoiler]

SOME THINGS TO NOTE:
The patch is unheadered. I have no idea how beatable this is, because I can't make it past the 4th room.
We have no idea who made this hack. Apparently it was some Portuguese person. . . This hack offends every one of your hacking senses. Literally every single one of them will be offended. You are not prepared for what you're about to see.

Credit goes to Person701 for finding this hack. Harass him, not me.

personitis

With the amount of red I've seen so far and my current state, I have suspicion this was made to make people angry.

Edit: Ok so, here's the run down. I've made it all the way to bubble Norfair. Spike are everywhere. For a while you're going to go nuts trying to figure out where to go (no obvious hints). I hope you can machball. Sidehoppers are cool. Thankfully, sequence breaks still exists to an extent. Pretty standard noob hack. Nothing much to see here.

As for the back story on me finding this: every so often I like to search up "super metroid hacks" on youtube and check to see if there's anything new/recent. Found the video in the first post four days ago and decided to check it again after Vismund mentioned it earlier.

FullOfFail

Aww, wish I would've read this earlier, added abunch of Full and Half hacks to the site. Still have to add more mini's though, so I'll throw this on when I finish the list, probably tomorrow.

crimsonsunbird

(tradutor)
I'm lost, I went to Norfair is more necessary to have bombs, and I did not encounter :pale:

Metaquarius

Thoses suit palettes are certainly... interesting. I mean, just by looking at them, you can pretty much guess what's to come in this hack.

Lunaria

The video alone for this hack makes me want to throw up.

Baconface

I can't decide whether it's better than Other M or if it makes Other M look good.

I'm leaning towards the latter.

THE Purple Helmet

After watching the video, I think its about time we formed the special olympics of metroid hacking. It'll be even better than the child board was  :lol:

GoldenTorizo

I'm lost. I'm in Brinstar and I can't get to the pink part of Brinstar because it takes me to the room above the door I came from.

MetroidMst

If you notice, there is a green pipe below that. Try things with that.

GoldenTorizo

I beat the hack...
Clear Time: 2: 38 (only because I didn't know what to do at Brinstar)
Rate for collecting items: 89%

Hitaka

While I was playing this hack, my USB controller, which was working perfectly fine beforehand, suddenly stopped working. Now the cord is loose and the computer doesn't recognize it half the time. This hack is so bad my controller decided to commit suicide rather than participate. You've been warned.

Quietus

Christener Homenag will now be known as Controller Homicide. :^_^:

Jordan5

You better have lots more controllers if you wish to finish the trilogy :heheh:

GF_Kennon

The trilogy hasnt quite made it to the site yet, but it didnt stop someone from submitting the first two!

http://beta.metroidconstruction.com/hack.php?id=280
http://beta.metroidconstruction.com/hack.php?id=292

Now, anyone want to post reviews and also send me a load of screenshots for these while we are here :P?

JAM

Quote from: GF_Kennon on April 20, 2015, 01:00:18 PM
The trilogy hasnt quite made it to the site yet
Third one is unavailable. Don't sure was it ever available as hack or not, but now download link is dead. So, if there was a hack and someone downloaded it, he may upload it to the site to complete the trilogy.

Also, there are so awful hacks existing so these two will looks like a brilliant. Beleive me.

Firebrand

I know I'm late to the party, but I just finished Cristener Homenag 1, and what can I say?

I really really liked it :D Kinda reminded me off SM:Impossible in some ways. The suits looked kinda f***ed up but the Varia Suit (when it wasn't flashing like it had a spastic attack) actually was pretty rad.
Now I'm off to the second installment. Hopefully it lives up to it's reputation :D

And btw.: Is the third one available? Some sites say yes, some say no. :/ Haven't done any real research yet tbh.

Quietus

Quote from: Firebrand on August 10, 2017, 03:18:39 PMAnd btw.: Is the third one available? Some sites say yes, some say no. :/ Haven't done any real research yet tbh.
Looks to have been, though the links are now dead.

Firebrand

Quote from: Quietus on August 10, 2017, 04:26:50 PM
Quote from: Firebrand on August 10, 2017, 03:18:39 PMAnd btw.: Is the third one available? Some sites say yes, some say no. :/ Haven't done any real research yet tbh.
Looks to have been, though the links are now dead.

What a shame. If anyone still has it, I would be glad to take over this masterpiece from you  :lol:

andlabs

Quote from: Aran;Jaeger on August 11, 2017, 04:48:49 PM
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/218520158963105792/345669070714044416/Super_metroid_cristener_Homenag_3full_hack.IPS
Here is a patch for the Cristener Homenag 3 ''full hack''.
"Full hack"? Is that what the author called it, or is it just a modification of the original thing by someone else? Either way, thanks; I'll try this later. EDIT The landing site is corrupt and going to the left ends the game...? Did I fall for a joke patch or am I doing something wrong?

Someone (I think it was itsblah) pointed me to a video for a "Cristener Homenag 4", but what I saw of it seemed to be deliberately bad, so I hgihly doubt it's "official"...?

Also yeah, I played these two a few weeks ago and left reviews on the main site. tl;dr The beginnings are dumb, the rest of the hacks are average-to-mediocre at best for a half-hack. Except for Norfair+Ridley in the second one. That part is truly awful (though I did make it slightly harder for myself by accidentally missing an Energy Tank). Also the first one was not a spikefest...