News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Is anyone interested in beta files?

Started by Lunaria, January 07, 2014, 08:29:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunaria

A thought just hit me: I have a ton of backups of various states of Ice metal lying around from both beta and alpha stages of production, is that sort of thing something people care about and would want?

Obviously it's not for a playing experience on it's own but from a hacking perspective would anyone find any value in it to have something like that to look into? Personally I'm not to keen of looking through my own or anyone else production work; But I realise there might be those who do and would love to look into something like that. So I don't know, is there anyone who would want to see that? If so we could use this thread to dump production content for him/her/them.

*shrug*

Vismund Cygnus

That would depend on what you mean by that. If you're talking about just to look through, see how people went about hacking something, I guess it could be an interesting way of learning about how someone hacks. It might even be useful as a tutorial of sorts. And if you mean to take resources from in hacks (such as what ended up happening with Volta) That would be pretty cool too.
Either way, maybe clarify what you mean.  :heheh:

Lunaria

Well in my case it's the former since the later is already available. (I released all graphics I had a hand in making for IM quite some time ago and the ROM is left open in the past latest updates.)

The more interesting part about having several versions too look through is hardly the resources I'd argue since those would be at the best at the final product, but rather too see and study the changes as well as get insight in what content was cut/remade.

Quietus

I'd say just go ahead and make it available.  If it turns out that nobody is downloading it, and that there appears to be no interest, you can always remove it later, and lock the topic.

Lunaria

Yeah it's just a lot of effort turning all the ROM copies into patches but I guess I'll get too it...