News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super metroid Ferrawrd (half hack)

Started by crimsonsunbird, November 28, 2013, 11:09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crimsonsunbird

FullOfFail

(from the zip)

crimsonsunbird

(Translate google)
I forgot to put the game here on the site, the game in this forum 2002,sorry

Cloud20

Honestly, I made a ragequit after less than 5 minutes playing. Some doors randomly leads to random rooms of the beginning, and some pieces of level design are quite bad, like the landing site. Not really appealing...

ianfrombristol

I had to give up - I can't do the Alcatraz  :sad:

crimsonsunbird

(google translate)
Didn't quite understand

Quietus

Alcatraz, I believe, is the name given to the trick where you escape Bomb Torizo's area via the left-hand side, rather than the intended, bomb block side.  iamfrombristol is saying that he could not continue, because he cannot do that trick.

iamfrombristol: If you can't do that trick, you could try doing an IBJ? :neutral:

ianfrombristol

Quote from: Quietus on December 08, 2013, 03:12:13 PM
Alcatraz, I believe, is the name given to the trick where you escape Bomb Torizo's area via the left-hand side, rather than the intended, bomb block side.  iamfrombristol is saying that he could not continue, because he cannot do that trick.

iamfrombristol: If you can't do that trick, you could try doing an IBJ? :neutral:

Tried it, but the bomb timing has been adjusted so would need to re-calibrate myself.  To be fair I have occasionally pulled off the old Alcatraz in the past but it's a tough one for me to do.  May be when I get a quiet moment I'll give this another go (I hate unfinished business  :mad: )

Edit: I IBJ'ed (I'm so ashamed of myself  :blush:) Anyway, I'm now fighting a reincarnation of Spore spawn who appears to have infinite health  :pwuh:

crimsonsunbird

(Google translate)
If I'm not mistaken he has 1000 hp

Vismund Cygnus

Quote from: crimsonsunbird on December 09, 2013, 08:47:52 PM
(Google translate)
I just checked and it's 1216. However he's also immune to missiles which could be the issue. Without charge you can't kill him.

ianfrombristol

Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on December 10, 2013, 12:20:23 AM
Quote from: crimsonsunbird on December 09, 2013, 08:47:52 PM
(Google translate)
I just checked and it's 1216. However he's also immune to missiles which could be the issue. Without charge you can't kill him.
Thanks.  The absence of charge beam is clearly the issue here  :stern: