News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Zero mission door hack.

Started by Zephoras, October 28, 2013, 09:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should i keep the tubing ( the copper looking thing where the doors used to be)

No tubing.
Tubing.

Zephoras

Ive gone through Zero mission many times (about 50-70 times. I'm a speed runner. what do you expect) and have always found the doors annoying. So for any one else who finds it annoying Ive been working on this doorless hack. where i am removing the shootable property of doors to where you can just walk through them. This is my first hack so i wanted to start with something simple. But i wanted something i could use and get feedback on so please tell me what you think so far. I have one screenshot to show off of the current project. i should be done in 1-2 weeks. [spoiler][/spoiler] (problem fixed. there was no zoneline.)

Zephoras

Also there is a poll at the top. please submit your vote.  :heheh:

Zephoras

[spoiler][/spoiler] this is without tubing. looks like metroid II. kinda. Again trying to figure out the size problem. please understand.

snarfblam

[spoiler]Please use spoilers[/spoiler]

Zephoras

Quietus

I'd say without the tubes.  I think it'll look better, and you could also tinker slightly with the areas where the tubes were, and create some nice entryways.  They don't just have to be left as gaps, and wouldn't impact on the gameplay at all.

Zephoras

ok  :yay: thanks!

Zephoras

Until i find out what is causing transition issues this forum is locked.

Zephoras

this was a mistake post. this is to replace it. and also how do i remove this little forum thing.

Zhs2

If it's not relevant anymore, people will simply not post in it. Removing things is only for unimportant spam junk; removing anything else would be censorship.

Zephoras

Ok Thanks. I've run into problems i cant fix so I'm abandoning this project.

Yuki

You shouldn't abandon so fast. At least try to ask some other Zero Mission hackers, especially interdpth, before just abandoning at the first problem.

Zephoras

Well Atm im kinda working 8-9 hours a day on another hack that actually works so it would be awhile before this would be updated.