News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid Simplified

Started by Malpercio, November 04, 2009, 05:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malpercio

A NEW DAY IS UPON US....
A METROID HACK HAS FINALLY BEEN MADE....
ITS NAME IS...
M E T R O I D: SIMPLIFIED(v 1.5)
ok, that's out of the way...
this is my first ever finished hack, and i made it for NES Metroid (and that's why it's in the NEStroid section, duh!)
it's main goal is to make the layout of the game much simpler... in fact, i would estimate that around half the map has been completely ripped out of the game.
Have fun, and provide feedback, please
Screenshots are in the spoiler...
Please note that this is a nearly finished version... if you find problems, dont gripe about it, tell me!

*thank you Zhs2 for sticking my pictures in my post.*

[spoiler=images]
[/spoiler]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hacker347

Where are the shots?

Antidote

Hacker347

Quote from: AntidoteHacker: don't be dumb
:pwuh: how am i being dumb he says clearly Screenshots:
and i don't play a game i know nothing about

Malpercio

pics attached now! have fun playing, and please give feedback. (for those wondering, it's meant to be a really fast playthrough.)

Hacker347

[spoiler=Posting Images][/spoiler]

1. Attach it

2. Right click, click "Copy Link Location"

3. Click "Modify" UNattch the pic or pics.

4. "Paste" then enclose them in: img /img boxes

personitis

minimod minimod minimod minimod
*ahem*

Doesn't look to bad I suppose. But I find the screenies a bit bland.

Malpercio

i *could* get better ones if i had to...but these work fine
or maybe i will get more screenies using an emulator to show off actual ingame images.

snarfblam

Now that you've cleared away so much the ROM has tons of free space to add more detail.
[spoiler=Like this][/spoiler]

RealRed

I came.
Snarflblam, that's the best thing metroid1-wise I have ever seen.

GF_Kennon

Quote from: Bloodsonic on November 05, 2009, 06:49:09 PM
I came.
Snarflblam, that's the best thing metroid1-wise I have ever seen.

I agree that is fucking amazing, also you need to be around a little more Snarfblam, I bet Metroid hacking would kick off more once a few metroid hacks have been made, also back on topic ill try this out at college tomorrow.

snarfblam

Quote from: GF_Kennon on November 05, 2009, 06:55:45 PM
I agree that is fraking amazing
Hmm... maybe I should finish the hack that screenshot is from.

Also, Mister metruler1990, have you tested this ROM? It seems that the rooms shown in Untitled1-1.jpg don't work as expected. (Unless the intended result is to fall repeatedly through the same screen losing life as you hit the invisible lava.)

Also, Mister metruler1990, is there a reason for the dense clustering of enemies?

Malpercio

i havent quite tested that room because Editroid 2.0's Drop Samus feature is malfunctioning.
The dense clustering of enemies is so the hack isnt too easy.

Zhs2

Quote from: metruler1990i havent quite tested that room because Editroid 2.0's Drop Samus feature is malfunctioning.
It may not even be complete, as far as you very well know. If you could share exactly what happens in said "malfunction", you think someone could use that info to make it even better? :heheh: (Of course, I could be totally out of the loop and it's not intended to even work yet just like I was out of the loop on who exactly made Editroid. Forgive me, snarfblam :< )

Also, the responsibility lies mainly upon the modder to make sure every room works, you know. You think the people who used Editroid before you even had the opportunity to even contemplate such an advanced feature that allowed for much quicker beta testing on one's part?

Quote from: metruler1990The dense clustering of enemies is so the hack isnt too easy.
Whatever happened to strategic placement and changing internal health values? :sad:

Malpercio

Quote from: Zhs2 on November 06, 2009, 01:47:01 PM
Quote from: metruler1990i havent quite tested that room because Editroid 2.0's Drop Samus feature is malfunctioning.
It may not even be complete, as far as you very well know. If you could share exactly what happens in said "malfunction", you think someone could use that info to make it even better? :heheh: (Of course, I could be totally out of the loop and it's not intended to even work yet just like I was out of the loop on who exactly made Editroid. Forgive me, snarfblam :< )

Also, the responsibility lies mainly upon the modder to make sure every room works, you know. You think the people who used Editroid before you even had the opportunity to even contemplate such an advanced feature that allowed for much quicker beta testing on one's part?
The drop samus feature does work, i'm glad to say.
i found out what was wrong (misplaced file)
i have now tested that room, fixed it, and reuploaded the patch.

Quote from: Zhs2
Quote from: metruler1990The dense clustering of enemies is so the hack isnt too easy.
Whatever happened to strategic placement and changing internal health values? :sad:
um, me not knowing my way around Metroid in a hex editor+still not a fully complete version... when i say i've given my final version, that's intended to be the best i can get it. if someone can give me a link to a hex guide for metroid, i'll get right on tougher enemies

snarfblam

Was the misplaced file wasn't Editroid-related, was it? (I know the version I linked to required a DLL.)

I am very interested in hearing about any kind of bugs/problems that come up. I just found out that Editroid fails when trying to apply IPS patches that result in a larger file.

Malpercio

no, it was my nes emulator that was misplaced

===EDIT FOR ANYONE THAT BOTHERS TO LOOK AT THIS===

i'm done with this, what's at the top is officially as far as i'm taking it.

Zhs2

well, gee, if you were done, why not bump the topic? it's not like anyone is going to pay any attention without a postbump :/

Edit: I could possibly also move this to completed stuff?

Malpercio

yeah sure i don't see why not