News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid: GR2 (Japanese Hack 2013)

Started by Digital_Mantra, January 13, 2013, 02:24:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derakon

Quote from: TheAnonymousUser on February 08, 2013, 01:38:56 AMBy then I had the gravity suit, probably because of the fudge I mentioned before back in crateria. I couldn't even find a way through the room before botwoon without the gravity suit, probably more blue suit glitches.
Getting through the room before Botwoon simply requires you to [spoiler]use the Mochtroids to break open blocks.[/spoiler]

Given that it's possible to do without Gravity, I'd be really surprised if Gravity were required immediately afterwards. That just doesn't seem like logical game design. I think the way you guys have been getting Gravity is actually a sequence break and you're supposed to get it after having spacejump; the puzzle room then becomes merely very difficult instead of incredibly asinine.

But if nobody can figure out how to get past that room without Gravity, well...

Digital_Mantra

Oddly enough, the only blue suit I needed to pull off was during the escape. The room before gravity was a pain in the ass, but I chipped away at it with speedball and perfectly timed speedball spring jumps. The very last speedblock of the 3 was the most difficult for me to get, and I wouldnt be surprised of blue suit was intended for that. But yes you will need gravity later on.

painghein

Quote from: Derakon on February 08, 2013, 12:27:34 AM
Sorry for the double-post, but I'm uncertain where to go next. [spoiler]My current loadout:

charge/ice/spazer/wave beams
missiles/super missiles/power bombs/X-ray scope
ball/bombs/spring ball/screw attack
varia
hi-jump/speed booster

I've beaten Botwoon and opened the purple gate in Maridia, but I can't seem to climb up the shaft it exposes, because of the water. I can't lure enemies in there to use as freeze platforms (the Mochtroids refuse to enter one-tile-wide passageways), there don't appear to be any "elevator" shutters...if I had Gravity then this would be a cakewalk, but Gravity appears to require an incredibly assy blue-suit trick where you have to morphball-spike-bounce along a corridor and hope like hell that your X positioning is accurate to land in a 1-tile-high corridor. Do I actually need Gravity to continue at this point? Will I eventually need Gravity, period? If I could skip this puzzle I would. Perhaps I'm missing something that makes it easier though. EDIT: yeah, in hindsight this is an obvious spacejump-speed-mockball puzzle. The hack's so bloody fond of mockballs in increasingly narrow confines. So how do I climb that shaft in Maridia then?

For future reference, to start the blue-suit thing, I think this is the process:
* Run until you get echoes
* Crouch to store a charge, hold down (staying crouched) and aim up
* Let the charge expire; get blue suit (while holding aim up)
* Jump, release aim up, double-tap down to morph while moving horizontally, start holding aim-up again while holding directional input
I can't pull it off consistently even at 50% speed, but at least I can do it.

Unrelated, but is Grapple accessible at this point? I'd like to think so, since I'm not certain my method to get to Screw Attack was the intended method, but I've looked over the map pretty thoroughly and can't find it. [/spoiler]

Derakon>>
Grapple is still not accessible yet but will be.
What I did to get blue suit is almost same process as you.
[spoiler]But I didn't hold aim up during morph at all.
As long as I hold the same direction button (in the case for Gravity suit: Left Button) Blue suit stays on for me.[/spoiler]

Do you mean this shaft?
[spoiler=Shaft 1][/spoiler]

Or this one?
[spoiler=Shaft 2][/spoiler]

There are two ways you can go up both of these shaft without gravity suit. :grin: :grin:

[spoiler=Hint]Double wall underwater wall jump OR single wall underwater wall jump are the answer. :twisted: :twisted:[/spoiler]

[spoiler=The way I do it]Heh, there is really easy way I found out how to do the single wall underwater wall jump.
What I did was start spin jump to one wall and walljump to other wall.
Then start keeping direction button on that wall press repeatedly jump button.
Samus will keep walljumping to the top.
This is the video for reference. Hope it helps. :grin:
walljump.avi
[/spoiler]
Edit:DMan>> What we did to get blue suit was correct way?

Derakon

Ah ha! I didn't remember that in such narrow shafts you can repeatedly jump off of the same wall without having to turn around midair, so I was trying to walljump up by going back and forth, and I wasn't getting enough altitude to get free from the water. Thanks, I'll have to give that a shot when I get home.

And I was referring to the first shaft, but the same principle applies in both. Thanks for the help!

EDIT: beat Draygon, beat Ridley, went to Tourian, apparently can't proceed without spacejump which I never got, can't get out of Tourian (or, well, the statue room) without Gravity which I never got. Bleh. (EDIT 2: nevermind, made it past the room that seemingly required spacejump)

Also, anyone know what's up with this room?[spoiler][/spoiler]

Finally, I found a secret message. [spoiler]IMPOSSIBLE is CRAZY[/spoiler]

EDIT 3: oh god Crystal Flash does not work well against Ridley. You have no mercy invincibility while it's active. :whoa:

EDIT 4: all done. Never did get Gravity or Spacejump, oh well.

bradzx

Quote from: Quietus on February 05, 2013, 05:50:00 AM
You just need to wall-jump up the left-hand wall.
I did.  I do play super metroid most of time since little boy.  Dont get me wrong.  ;) I know there is bombable on the left side of wall.  But I do wall jump in there but nothing in there.

Quietus

passarbye

been playing this recently and boy have i had some trouble.

the last item i got was high-jump and i have no idea where to go or what to do.
i've seen like 2 screens of wrecked ship and i can't get past it because of robots in the way (which i assume i have to glitch through, but idk).
i've been through most of upper norfair besides the crocomire and grapple area and ridley's entrance.

i'm just not sure where to go, there are purple gates everywhere and i can't find the switches for them (don't even know what they look like).
HALP.

EDIT: i've even been through some of lower maridia, and that was HELL. i don't know if i'm supposed to GGG to get further or not.