News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

X-Ray AL help.

Started by Phazon1111, July 07, 2013, 01:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phazon1111

I need help with the X-Ray AL, I want it to harm an enemy.

Quietus

AL?  Do you mean the X-ray's emitted beam?  If so, you may want to consider thinning the beam too, since it'd be more weapon-like.

4078A - 0A to ??
This is how long the X-ray's beam takes to widen before you can move it around. Obviously 00 is very helpful, as the beam appears instantly. (Found by Quietus)

4079A - 0A to ??
This is the width of the beam itself. This goes up to 40, which effectively X-ray's the entire screen in front of Samus, but going higher glitches. (Found by Quietus)

I noticed that there are two mentions of these changes on the Hex page (Me / Flamestar666).  Any chance of getting them merged, since it's obviously redundant?

FullOfFail

Hey! Don't be stealing my Death-Ray idea! :3

This is an example of what it can do, the blocks are technically enemies:
[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmDmbYxUaRk[/spoiler]

But since you asked, I'll tell you it. All credit goes to Black_Falcon for the findings.

You have to change it for each individual enemy, btw.
[spoiler]
enemy DNA
there's a box called xray AI
it's normally set to 0000
there you put in 8019
[/spoiler]

Crashtour99

The thing is, simply damaging an enemy with x-ray can never work.  Enemies aren't processed while x-ray is running.  The only reason the thing FoF posted works is because that's the enemy's x-ray reaction AI (similar to things like powerbomb reaction, shot reaction, grapple reaction, etc.).  That particular code is triggered as a response during the first frame that enemy processing resumes.

Phazon1111

I did not know that you had that idea FullOfFail.

Only I was going to use it on a boss.

I am using it to defeat Phantoon.

It will not work, I need another value.