News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

SUPER METROID EXTIÇÃO ALIEM

Started by MAURICIO BRASIL, June 05, 2013, 12:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAURICIO BRASIL

Hello my name is Mauricio, i am from brazil, AND TODAY I SPENT HERE TO SHOW MY PROJECT THAT I'M WORKING TO 5 YEARS.

MY DESIGN IS BASED ON METROID REDESING AND OTHER Metroids.

The HACK MY NAME IS SUPER METROID combine EXTINCTION!!

VISIT MY BLOG IF THEY GIVE ME AN I THANK FORCE, LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WITH ADVANCED KNOWLEDGE IN MAKING THINGS THAT ARE NOT IN A HACK VISIT MY BLOG WILL LAUNCH SOON MY GAME I hope you enjoy!

http://editoraromhack.blogspot.com.br/

Zhs2

Good job being annoying for your first four posts. This is not a good way to show off your project that is five years in the making. If you could read, you'd know why you weren't capable of placing a link in your first post.

However, it does look pretty legit for stuff taken from Redesign (I expect people to come in here and bitch at you for using things from it.) Please calm down and post a bit more intelligently in the future.

MAURICIO BRASIL

aqui esta algumas fotos!

here's some pictures of my game!!

Zhs2

Do you even know how to reply to your own thread?

MAURICIO BRASIL

I did not understand your answer, the more I felt the estupides in his speech what is the problem? I always wanted a new metroid faer found interesting I unlock the file redesing to create an even better, you do not know my project has a lot more things that redesing not have, and one thing that is worse and you work hard on something to amuse people and these people do not give value for what I'm doing, I stole commands redesing modified and improved and admit what he had to improve, the difference is that my game I made based upon the super metroid redesing !

MetroidMst

Honestly, the hack looks interesting, and it certainly seems like there is promise in it. In my opinion though, of all things in Redesign, the one thing that needed fixing was the physics. Why so many people want to use that as a base is beyond me. But, like I said, this still looks interesting.

MAURICIO BRASIL

thanks for answering and say you're right I did not show anything yet, my hack and larger than the redesing, has new shoots a new suit, able to withstand the acid and soda has new modifications, has gates with intelligence, with puzzles that will give headaches to the player, has new enemies, and now I want to create a new mini boss, and I need help!

Zhs2

It was more of a warning (and not in the forum crime sort of warning, though I'm very tempted to give you one if you don't calm down and stop creating threads or sending me private messages.) The last guy who came in here and used Redesign as a base (gunnargumpert, if you want to look him up) got shooed out by Drewseph and other vocal members since Drewseph is very protective of his hack and others kind of clung to that stigma. If you must know, though Drewseph hasn't necessarily bothered to create a topic about it anywhere, he's working on a sort of redo of Redesign called Axeil Edition. None of this really has any bearing on your project, though, and while you might get a few haters hopefully you've done enough to make this worthwhile. :^_^:

As for help creating new assembly code, the stigma around here is that you do your own legwork first and ask for help when you need it. Everyone else is busy with their own hacks, after all.

Quietus

While the video didn't show much, the screenshots look very good, so I'm hoping to see more of your hack. :^_^:

Benki

Você jogo parece bastante interessante, você deve usar https://www.dropbox.com/ para hospedar imagem.

Digital_Mantra

Quote from: MAURICIO BRASIL on June 05, 2013, 12:35:21 AM
AND TODAY I SPENT HERE TO SHOW MY PROJECT THAT I'M WORKING TO 5 YEARS.

You've spent 5 years working on it? That must mean it's almost done.
I would hope that's what your english meant, and not that its 5 years to come.

Zhs2

Copy the public link for each image, and place THOSE in img tags.

Quietus

Here you go:

I also saw a video on Youtube, which shows some Brinstar gameplay:
[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4zvBF5riSM[/spoiler]

Happy to help! :^_^:

Interesting that the video has an 'N' in the name.  Is it supposed to have it or not?

Boostguardian

Can't say I like the fact your blatantly admitting you stole from someone else's hack, that always used to be a no-no back in my time. We used to ask for permission and credit people in hacks. The level design looks different enough at least I guess, although the environments feel a little cramped (eg, the spike room in brinstar video segment - you fall out in morph ball form directly into spikes instead of onto a platform - might need more care to how rooms actually play out as opposed to look).

This is either going to be a massive flop or present us with another nice fresh take on Super Metroid, I won't say which one my money's on but good luck...

ianfrombristol

Quote from: Boostguardian on June 08, 2013, 05:22:32 AM
Can't say I like the fact your blatantly admitting you stole from someone else's hack, that always used to be a no-no back in my time. We used to ask for permission and credit people in hacks. The level design looks different enough at least I guess, although the environments feel a little cramped (eg, the spike room in brinstar video segment - you fall out in morph ball form directly into spikes instead of onto a platform - might need more care to how rooms actually play out as opposed to look).

This is either going to be a massive flop or present us with another nice fresh take on Super Metroid, I won't say which one my money's on but good luck...

I agree it does look cramped.  When that's the case the game just reduces to running and mashing the shoot button.  However, I am loathe to criticise since I've never produced a hack.  I once opened up a ROM in SMILE and had a play around but it looked like such a serious undertaking I quickly gave up  :nope:

MAURICIO BRASIL

I can not do anything if I had the ability to merge commands, say again ALL DATA USED IN ANY HACK, BE RECOGNIZED, I AM NOT STEALING ANYTHING BUT ONLY USING AND BETTER, MY WORLD AGOR NOT OWN IGNORANCE FUCKING U.S. ONLY SEE REVIEW HERE HELP ME TALK SOMETHING VA HELP ME!!!!!!!!! 'M WORKING HARD IF I AM BETTER OR WORSE THAN YOU THAT NO MATTER, BUT THE FACT THAT I HAVE ADDED DATA THAT WERE NOT MY IN MY HACK THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT I BE WORSE, BUT SMARTER PRA KILLING TIME IF JA IS READY tHEN IF WRITE SOMETHING ME WRITE SOMETHING USEFUL NOT LIKE tHEN DO NOT PLAY, YOU NOT PLAYED THE GAME AND TA criticizing me I did not show OR 10% OF THAT HA AGAIN IT tHEN LOWER YOUR BALL IS WELL?

Quietus

Firstly, please do not post in all CAPITALS.

Secondly, nobody is complaining about you using Redesign's template.  People are just explaining that it has been done before, and much of what has been produced was never good, or caused a lot of conflict.  If your hack turns out to be great, then I'm sure it will be accepted anyway.

Thirdly, the best way to show people that your work is worth playing is with more content.  Show people exactly what you have created so far, and what your plans are for the future.  A gameplay video will immediately give people an idea of what to expect.  The video you have so far (the one I posted above) only shows a few rooms, and much walking around.

You haven't given us much information so far, and the easiest reaction is the one you have received so far - doubt.

Good luck with your hack. :^_^:

crimsonsunbird

fala ae mauricio também sou BR
quando vc vai lançar o hack ?

MAURICIO BRASIL

Eai cara tudo certo, ainda não ha data certa o jogo foi paralisado a sua construção, tive problemas com direitos autoriais mais agora esta tudo ok, mais em breve tem muita coisa a ser mudada no hack, ele é complexo  e 4x maior que o redesing então peço a sua compreensão  :nod: :nod: :nod:

MAURICIO BRASIL

Today came by to say that the members of this forum are ignorant asked for help a few , I was called names and even called a bitch ; but I'm sure everyone is well !
step here today to say that I'm kinda out of time but reabrirei my project and it will be one of the best . without the help of anyone.

appreciate the help of collaborators metroidconstruction many things I discovered here . sorry for my stupid english translator google

I thought I would find good people here who could help me with your knowledge .

as the owner of Drewsep redesing . I just picked up some of his hack codes and modified . my hack is based on redesing because I think the common super metroid flawed . my hack and based on various hacks , but has its oraginalidade super metroid extinction ally .

for those waiting to play I can guarantee it will be worth apena . my game is built to the highest 3 x greater than redesing .
with new items and new enemies . I'm working on new mini bosses but still not sure ha . thank those who understand !

Quietus

You keep insulting us, yet you say we won't help you?  Perhaps you could try being a little more polite.  Also, I haven't actually seen you ask anything, what are we supposed to help you with?

Nobody was rude to you, and nobody insulted you.  The community simply voiced their disdain for you having used Redesign as your base.  Perhaps if you had explained from the start that you doing it, and issued a thank you to Drewseph, or tried to make contact with him to ask, things may have been different.

Anyway, what's done is done.  If you want help with something, then ask, and stop calling us all 'ignorant'. :neutral:

Vismund Cygnus

Quote from: MAURICIO BRASIL on May 21, 2014, 11:24:05 AM
Today came by to say that the members of this forum are ignorant asked for help a few , I was called names and even called a bitch ;
I believe that you misunderstood; when Zhs2 said that people would bitch, he just meant that they may be upset that you used Redesign's stuff without Drewseph's permission. Bitch was used as a slang term, not as the literal meaning. I believe that makes you the ignorant one here. . .?

Now if you're going to come here and flat out insult the community on the whole, good luck getting anyone to help you.
As for it being 3x better than Redesign, all I can say is that I wish you the best of luck.
Basically, fuck off if you're going to be a prick (yes, now I'm being insulting).  :colonrightv:

Metaquarius

Quote from: MAURICIO BRASIL on December 08, 2013, 06:16:53 PM
ele é complexo  e 4x maior que o redesing então peço a sua compreensão
Quote from: MAURICIO BRASIL on May 21, 2014, 11:24:05 AM
my game is built to the highest 3 x greater than redesing .
Looks like the scope of the hack has been drastically reduced within 6 months, but 3x still means a lot. Making a hack on a "bigger than [insert hack name here]" basis is a really bad idea but eh, that's my opinion. Anyway, aside from that, do you have any more news/screenshots/progress to share ? That would make us less ignorant I guess...  :razz: