News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Bank $B4 Enemy all/En-set query.

Started by Mettyk25jigsaw, June 02, 2013, 07:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mettyk25jigsaw

Hi, just a query. I notice for the enemy allowed data inside bank $B4, where the enemy allowed pointers point to in specific, they seem to all have a bunch of data before them that doesn't seem to be 'enemy allowed' data and since the pointer starts obviously where the 'enemy allowed' data actually is and has an ending value of 'FF FF' which makes the loading of data end there---what actually is this other data that is amongst the 'enemy allowed' but can't really be loaded by the 'enemy allowed' pointer?, Any chance that it's useless data that can be overwritten for extended 'enemy allowed' data. I am just crossing my fingers.....Thankyou for any help....

personitis

While in most cases FF is blank space, here it is likely a pointer itself where FF is no enemies allowed. By the way I've witnessed Nintendo organize things, I wouldn't be surprised that they used multiple "FF FF" for multiple "no enemies" pointers. However, as long as pointers are pointed to properly and the "free" space in question is properly used, I wouldn't see a huge issue in using it. The only hassle is changing any pointers looking in that area of the ROM.