News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Mario Galaxy hacking

Started by FlamingCobra, January 24, 2013, 02:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlamingCobra

About two and a half years ago, a level editor called "Anarchy in the Galaxy" was released for Super Mario Galaxy. Originally the team making Super Mario Galaxy 2.5 used this editor, but they have since switched over to a newer editor called "White Hole". Super Mario Galaxy 2.5 is the only full hack SMG hack that I know of, but there are other, small hacks out there. Kuribo64 is the home of Super Mario Galaxy hacking, so I'm sure all the hacks and projects that are being worked on or have been released can be found there.

Super Mario Galaxy 2.5 Trailer+Demo

I think it is ridiculous that there are even Wii games with level editors now. SMG1&2, NSMBW, people make custom tracks for Mario Kart Wii, custom Brawl stages with Brawl Stage Studio, etc.

<Chizuari> where's mah metroid prime editurs

also, Grandmaster Galaxy "Master Quest"

Zhs2

Mario is so generically structured, and probably in easy game formats to understand and take apart. Plus, more people play Mario games, so it looks spiffy when people take apart those beautifully colored environments and put them back together. Metroid is locked up tight like Nintendo's bunghole :=x:

Also, Brawl invented the custom stage format first. People just had to reverse engineer it to get stage builders.