News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

SM Hot Surface

Started by benox50, February 19, 2016, 04:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benox50

Hi, I was playing some hacks, then I found this forum and then I wanted to create one.
''Super metroid is my favorite game'', but this phrase is not new and we all know that, same thing with ''I started learning smile because I wanted to make my first hack''. However I eated my crusts, cause I have some rooms and pictures. So lets go to the important stuff;

Hot vaseline is an small hack and its using some patches such as BF Hud 2.5, but nothing really new, it will use the vanilla items enemies and physic. There will be a focus on puzzles and it will be more straightforward than open world so normally you will know where to go.

Story
[spoiler]The story is simply that samus heard the signal of a single human life form traped on the planet and she wants to save her. Samus will need to explore the three X-labs, Lab X-15 X-16 and X-18[/spoiler]

The surface of the planet is cold, but get very hot when the sun shows-up
There will be no Ceres.
The difficulty will be normal like the vanilla game. WallJump is not required, only need walljump to go faster and Mockball to reach some basic items (E-Tank or missiles)
The ShineSpark However will be required, because I love ShineSpark and there will be a focus on that  :twisted:
Ennemies will have different colors so different beam weakness, missiles can deal with most of them so missiles will be important. Super will mostly 1 Ko ennemie because super are epic and nothing resist a super.

I love underground labs so thats will be the main focus of exploring, so it will be dark and grim. So natural slopes everywhere lover will not really like it

I also really want to put Glows, but for now I have issues with the BF Hud 2.5 and FlexGlow, so hope to fix that before its too late.

Here the pictures (well, 1 pic containing many) I also dont want to show complete rooms... for now

[spoiler][/spoiler]

or

[spoiler]http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/07/1455915058-hotvaseline0.png[/spoiler]

So... now... I will probably hide in the shadow for quite a while... and... this post will remain as it is until the hack is complete or nearly complete :>

Quietus

I'm intrigued as to how the Vaseline relates to these two ladies. :wink:

benox50

He he, ye I think its more cause Hot Surface was too standard for a name

Edit: I edited the name, it will probably change again X >

LiquidDreams

Quote from: benox50 on February 19, 2016, 04:33:12 PM
[spoiler]The story is simply that samus heard the signal of a single human life form traped on the planet and she wants to save her. Samus will need to explore the three X-labs, Lab X-15 X-16 and X-18[/spoiler]

S.T.A.L.K.E.R reference? Love that game.

The screens look good, is that a snow tileset?

Steel Sparkle

Those screenies are pretty hot stuff. This looks interesting. Keep up the good work :3

Jordan5

If you enjoy shinespark stuff, you should add the shinespark control stuff - it was really fun in Escape II :grin:

benox50

Quote from: LiquidDreams on February 20, 2016, 05:04:36 AM

S.T.A.L.K.E.R reference? Love that game.

The screens look good, is that a snow tileset?

Yes, it is a wink from the Stalker Shadow of chernobyl underground labs, awesome game
and no, its just the regular crateria tileset for the moment

Jordan5:
Thanks I will look into that, I think it would be a little over powered  :colonrightv: I will look for something more like zero mission did or a speed ball

Black Falcon

Quote from: benox50 on February 19, 2016, 04:33:12 PM
I also really want to put Glows, but for now I have issues with the BF Hud 2.5 and FlexGlow, so hope to fix that before its too late.

At one point both patches use the same RAM and ROM space, which of course leads to above mentioned issues.
I'll see what I can do to fix them ASAP.

benox50

Quote from: Black Falcon on February 22, 2016, 06:32:32 AM
At one point both patches use the same RAM and ROM space, which of course leads to above mentioned issues.
I'll see what I can do to fix them ASAP.

Yea, when I looked it in HxD, the glow was using FF space, so I first tough it was ok, but the problem seems to be something else. What happen is the glow start and then stop, just use a vanilla ROM with both patches, it does that.

In Metroid MST FEAR hack I saw him used both (well I guess those epileptic flashes was the FlexGlow)  :^_^: , not the same HUD, but similar