News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Introduce Yourself!

Started by Phazar, May 17, 2009, 05:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OneOf99

Quote from: Elias on April 08, 2018, 04:42:31 AM
Hey all. I'm Elias Thompson, founder of MetroidHQ. Heard about this place from a few community members and thought I'd join. So. Hi, I'm new.
Welcome! Glad you could find this place.

FelixWright

Quote from: OneOf99 on April 10, 2018, 12:35:35 PM
Quote from: Elias on April 08, 2018, 04:42:31 AM
Hey all. I'm Elias Thompson, founder of MetroidHQ. Heard about this place from a few community members and thought I'd join. So. Hi, I'm new.
Welcome! Glad you could find this place.

What he said! I hope you enjoy your stay.

DiscoCokkroach

Hi, there. I'm DiscoCokkroach. I think Metroid games are awesome! I caught wind of MetConst after I got into speedrunning Super Metroid, and I'm thoroughly enjoying playing the hacks that are posted here. Thus far, I played a bunch of Arcade, have beaten Super Zero Mission twice, and just started Project Base today.

Derxu

Hey everyone, name's Derxu and since I played a bunch of Super Metroid hacks I really enjoyed, I thought I'd could join the community.
I speedrun Super Metroid now for several months and every now and then I also take on some randomizers and hacks, mainly full exploration hacks to be more precisely.
First big one was SM Redesign (Original Version), which I really liked, later I went over Phazon Hack, Z-Factor (not sure if I completely finished it), Hyper Metroid as well as Project Base and SM Arcade, just to name a few. Just finished SM Decision and can't wait to Explore more good pieces.
So hey again, and I hope the future will bring us some great new hacks, we all enjoy!

Metroid3D

Hi, I'm Metroid3D. No experience with hacking but I make games(usually Metroid) in Gamemaker and mess around with music production in my free time. I lurk around the forums a lot so I decided it was finally time to make an account.

I got into Metroid after finding SM in the masterpieces collection in Brawl, which motivated me to finally play the copy I had sitting in my basement. Since then I've completed most Metroid games and played through a fair number of romhacks.

Cloud20

Quote from: Metroid3D on June 18, 2018, 07:57:00 PM
Hi, I'm Metroid3D. No experience with hacking but I make games(usually Metroid) in Gamemaker and mess around with music production in my free time. I lurk around the forums a lot so I decided it was finally time to make an account.

I got into Metroid after finding SM in the masterpieces collection in Brawl, which motivated me to finally play the copy I had sitting in my basement. Since then I've completed most Metroid games and played through a fair number of romhacks.

Hey Metroid3D, welcome to the forum  :razz:. You seems to have an interest in music production, any link to share with us ?  :^_^:

Metroid3D

Quote from: Cloud18 on June 19, 2018, 04:59:13 AM
Quote from: Metroid3D on June 18, 2018, 07:57:00 PM

Hey Metroid3D, welcome to the forum  :razz:. You seems to have an interest in music production, any link to share with us ?  :^_^:

Thanks! I'm not amazing with music production(pretty new to it), I'm more into programming, but here are some tunes I made for my fangame: https://soundcloud.com/metroid3d/sets/unused-pixeltroid-songs

dredwick

Hey yall. I'm Dredwick. I just got into the Metroid hacking thing. I'm learning MAGE and would inevitably like to create a Fusion hack if I can manage to find the time to complete it. I'm a planetary geologist and a musician so this is just a hobby for me.

I've noticed that none of the Metroid games are ever geologically accurate. If any of yall want to create a hack that is geologically accurate and have any questions about where things should be located or need any information for your story line then feel free to ask and I'll share with you any knowledge that I have on the subject.

I look forward to conversing with yall. Be safe.

Zekeram12

I'm Zekeram. I'm not that skilled at modding, at all, but I have tried. Mostly I'm just here, I guess.

testzero

Hi, I'm new. A lot of the folks on the Discord already know me, but I made a hack called Over the Moon. http://forum.metroidconstruction.com/index.php/topic,4756.0.html

Aclectico

Hi all,

Aclectico here. I'm a longtime hack user and just started to dabble in producing my own content. Most of my experience is in graphic design and I've found ways here and there to incorporate that interest into the gaming world. I'm continually impressed by some of the work that has been created on this site and I'm hoping to submit some of my own work soon.

Immorpher

I am not a particularly skilled Metroid player but I have played through all of the 2D Metroids. I have also played through AM2R, Axiom Verge, and A Robot Named Fight. I love exploring, taking my time, and seeing what's behind the next door. I am here to get more of my 2D metroid-style addiction. Not sure which hack to start with yet, but I am looking around!

Oh and I also compose dark ambient horror soundtracks which you can find in my signature. If anyone is working on a game which needs some creepy ambient music, I'll be happy to donate some tracks!

MetroidMst

DSO

I'm enjoying some of your ambient stuff while hacking!

Immorpher

Quote from: DSO on November 10, 2018, 05:02:15 AM
I'm enjoying some of your ambient stuff while hacking!

I am glad you enjoy it! I have more on the way :). And I've been having fun with the hacks here. I found out that I am not as bad with wall jumping as I thought I was haha.

DinoDlinny

Hello! My name's Dlinny, but some of you probably know me as Jifflady from Discord. I like playing games and dinosaurs.
I'm only saying what Jiffy told me to, this is terrifying.

Jiffy

Quote from: DinoDlinny on December 02, 2018, 02:21:10 PM
Hello! My name's Dlinny, but some of you probably know me as Jifflady from Discord. I like playing games and dinosaurs.
I'm only saying what Jiffy told me to, this is terrifying.

Finally!! We can make that dinosaur hack after I release nature now.  :yay:

Moehr

Hi! Hope you enjoy your stay!

ažder

Hi, I'm ažder and I just Finished Nature™.

quantam

Hi, all. I'm most widely known as Quantam, and I've been hacking various things for about 20 years. I started reverse-engineering and making modding tools for PC games, and since then I've dabbled with stuff on NES, GB, and SNES, as well as reading technical info on a good dozen architectures.

Just a few days ago I released the beta of my Metroid II colorization, which was my first time working with Game Boy (or "Z80", for that matter). I found MetConst several weeks into the project and by that time had already reverse-engineered about 2/3 of the stuff in the Metroid II wiki.

SnakeLancer

I think I never posted in here, well I'm Snake aka SnakeLancerGame. Been playing hacks for years, love how the community advanced during the years. My heart will always belong to Super Metroid but I also have Am2R and Fusion in 2nd place ;) I'm mostly a 2d metroid titles guy, but I do like the Prime series.

Wrathgaar

Hi,
I only just got into playing SM hacks recently, when I saw a teaser clip from Metaquarius' upcoming X-Fusion hack and ended up falling way down the rabbit hole. In two weeks I think I've played through five different SM hacks already and having just finished Eris I felt I needed to create an account so I could immediately give it a 5-star rating.
I don't hack myself, but Super Metroid is one of my favourite games of all time and I'm blown away by the creativity and talent on display here. So glad I found this place.

Saphire Systrine

Hello! I am Saphire Systrine, a sound designer, 3D modeler, and game dev. I have always loved Metroid, especially the Prime series, and have decided to sign up here, for it seems to be quite the resource center.
I have recently been going through all of the sounds trying to learn how they made them so I may do the same!
I may not talk much here, so email me if you want to grab my attention!

Tipherath

Hi, I'm new here! I discovered this place through Tv Tropes while reading about the Metroid Franchise. I got into Metroid recently while playing Zero Mission, and that made me want to play all the old titles and AM2R. I don't hack but I enjoy what you guys are cooking here

DarkChaosGaming

Hi I am new here. I just got interested in making Super Metroid hacks and am ready to create some great stuff!