News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Introduce Yourself!

Started by Phazar, May 17, 2009, 05:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

There weren't enough letters! :grin:

If you add some, you can have this: Intro from A Dummy = My mad forum intro.

CaptainIronMan

Leave it to Quietus to find something about everyone's username.  :grin: It is good to see you introduce yourself. We are always happy about new people joining the community.

Scooterboot9697

Quote from: Quietus on January 18, 2016, 11:59:12 AM
There weren't enough letters! :grin:

If you add some, you can have this: Intro from A Dummy = My mad forum intro.

After staring at it for awhile, there is actually an equal amount of letters, so you didn't add any. :lol:

Quietus

Quote from: Scooterboot9697 on January 18, 2016, 09:05:08 PMAfter staring at it for awhile, there is actually an equal amount of letters, so you didn't add any. :lol:
I kinda snuck in 'Intro from'. :wink:

Scooterboot9697

Quote from: Quietus on January 18, 2016, 09:14:58 PMI kinda snuck in 'Intro from'. :wink:
Ah my mistake. I thought you meant "Intro from A Dummy" did not actually equal "My mad forum intro", letter number wise. :bounce:

*Scooterboot dun goofed*

Cyber

Why hello there. Where should I begin? haha.

I'm CyberTanuki, but a lot of people call me Cyber.
Growing up in my childhood years, I've always been a pretty big buff for Mario. My first game being Super Mario 64, and
my second + third being Luigi's Mansion and Super Mario Sunshine.

On my free time, I like to hack games and write custom code for them in C, to implement new unique mechanics or features.
Since I've grown to love all three of those games throughout my life, I mostly mod those three more than any other game, but I definitely want to venture out and hack others.

I do, infact, run a Super Mario Sunshine hacking community, as myself and few others are the ones who were the first to do it and start the trend, though there is so much to document on that forum. :P

Here's a couple examples of my work:
Super Mario Sunshine: Project Galaxy

Super Mario Land 64

Aside from Mario, I also enjoy a lot of other game series too. Metroid being one of them. I love Metroid.
If I had to choose my favorite Metroid game, it'd either be Metroid Fusion or Super Metroid.

Going back to my childhood years, I use to think Samus Aran-X was the coolest antagonist. When SA-X morphed into that abnormal alien creature during the fight, Not going to lie, I was scared of that thing as a kid quite honestly. After I had beat Fusion, I learned about Super Metroid (Which is actually my favorite SNES title of all time), and as a kid, I misinterpreted Super Metroid and thought I was playing as SA-X, which after playing Fusion, I thought was the coolest thing ever. Then I got older and actually learned the stories about both games, including the rest of the series, and now I ultimately think Fusion's got the best Metroid story... especially when you look at how Samus becomes something new, yet fights her original Super Metroid self and STILL manages to conquer. The game is entirely different from almost all Metroid games, yet isn't afraid to remind you that the old is still there... lurking and pursuing to kill.

I'd like to maybe someday look into Fusion hacking, and see if I could make a mod that legitimately allows you to control SA-X, and maybe make a multiplayer (co-op) mod of sorts down the road that allows two players to control both Samus and SA-X through link or online play. It's definitely possible, but it's something I'll have to look into for a while.

I'm looking forward to the Fusion X mod, as well as AM2R's release.
I'd love to see someone fully recreate Super Metroid for GBA as well.

Quietus

Welcome, Cyber. As the acrostic below says, enjoy your stay, and

Create
Your
Best
Ever
Remake!

Also, a double anagram of CyberTanuki: Can Ruby Kite Rub Cyan Kite? :^_^:

Steel Sparkle

Welcome Cyber. This place is full of nice peoeple and fantastic hacks. Im sure you will love it here.
Did i ever introduce myself when i first joined? either way Quietus do something with my name  :^_^:

Cyber

Thanks for the welcome guys! B-)

Quietus

Quote from: Steel Sparkle on January 25, 2016, 03:45:32 PMeither way Quietus do something with my name  :^_^:
Hehe, ask and you shall receive:
Steel Sparkle = Lakes Respelt

Also:
Sleep stalker keeps stellar, pale kestrels.

Lastly, don't do this. It's mean.
[spoiler]Let's Spear Elk! :twisted:[/spoiler]

Steel Sparkle

Quietus the master of names :3

Cyber

Quote from: Quietus on January 25, 2016, 03:06:12 PM
Create
Your
Best
Ever
Remake!

It's funny you say that, because I've considered remaking Super Metroid for GBA whenever I have time to look into Metroid hacking. :3

Quietus

Sure. We've had Zero Mission for the SNES, so it would make sense that it should have a twin. :^_^:

Zero One

Y'know, I really loathe Super Mario Sunshine, but I'd really like to hack it. Is there a website for this community? I'd like to make SMS not shit :P

Mon732

Quote from: Zero One on February 01, 2016, 07:56:59 AM
Y'know, I really loathe Super Mario Sunshine, but I'd really like to hack it. Is there a website for this community? I'd like to make SMS not shit :P

Oooh... Right, you and me, Prime 2, right now! :P

Zero One

Hirobian

Hello, I don't really have much to say, off the bat. I mainly joined this forum so I can do things, some of which are stream related on occasion.

I have been a long time watcher of MetroidMST on his youtube channel ShyGuyExpress but only really started commenting on videos and getting involved in streams since last year.
I once played around with SMILE back in 2010 as well as the old 2010 Phazon hack, which I still have. I am a relatively average Super Metroid player, no speed-run expert. Although I do know some of the many tricks, some I discovered on my own while playing on the SNES before the internet was a part of my life, others I learned from watching MST and others play their speed-runs of Super Metroid and its many hacks. I have played and beaten pretty much every single official metroid game except for Metroid Prime Hunters on the Nintendo DS.

I suppose that's the gist of it.

Cpt.Glitch

Heya! Welcome to the forums! It was great racing with ya!

Hirobian

I will be joining more races in the future. With practise, my skills will improve. Though I'm only in it for the fun of participating, not finishing last is a bonus. ;P

Ridley

I'm pretty new to the game, so you will probably be able to beat me, at least. I'm playing through Super Metroid Redesign at the moment. I've taken 7:01:00 to reach my current location, which is the Spazer. For the upcoming race, the max time is 6 hours, so I have a lot of tricks to learn.

Quietus

It's more routing than tricks. Once you've finished your first run, you can them map out a route (or use an existing one), and the time will shrink massively. :^_^:

Pl4y0_98

So, I'm new to this forum. I thought it would be nice to introduce myself, instead of just moving around posts like a hobo moves around the streets. :razz:
So, I'm 13, I... actually don't know about... anything concerning ROMhacks(though, I know a bit of coding in Java, if that can help in anyway :heheh:). I'm just here because I'm a Metroid fan, I've been getting into the series recently, and I would love to give some ideas to those who can make them real. Of course, I'll always try not to repeat any other thread's topic. :^_^:

I hope I am welcome here, I'll try not to be a n00b. :blush:

Physix

Quote from: Pl4y0_98 on February 29, 2016, 04:21:18 PM
So, I'm new to this forum. I thought it would be nice to introduce myself, instead of just moving around posts like a hobo moves around the streets. :razz:
So, I'm 13, I... actually don't know about... anything concerning ROMhacks(though, I know a bit of coding in Java, if that can help in anyway :heheh:). I'm just here because I'm a Metroid fan, I've been getting into the series recently, and I would love to give some ideas to those who can make them real. Of course, I'll always try not to repeat any other thread's topic. :^_^:

I hope I am welcome here, I'll try not to be a n00b. :blush:

Drop an upgrade idea on me.

Pl4y0_98

Quote from: Physix on February 29, 2016, 04:26:23 PM

Hm. Since there were ice missiles in Metroid Fusion... Howzabout... Ice power bombs? Their blast could be followed by a flame explosion, destroying every enemy in the screen. This would be perfect for fighting metroids.
Also, I just had another idea. A wave grapple beam. It could grab things at the other side of a wall. This could lead to some new mechanic. Unaccessible ammo upgrades in the map could be grabbed and taken through a part of the wall that can be broken with that power.
Even better... How about a new suit? Replacing the gravity suit, i mean. I'll leave its functions for you to to develop in your mind.

Physix

Quote from: Pl4y0_98 on February 29, 2016, 04:38:03 PM
Quote from: Physix on February 29, 2016, 04:26:23 PM

Hm. Since there were ice missiles in Metroid Fusion... Howzabout... Ice power bombs?

What gameplay purpose will it serve? What gap does this item fill, and what interesting scenarios can it create?
You gotta think in terms of gameplay. New items can be cool, but they must have purpose. Throw another idea at me.