News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Introduce Yourself!

Started by Phazar, May 17, 2009, 05:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

advancedpillow

Hi. I'm Greg. And a little bit drunk.  :cool:

CrAzY

Hi. I'm crazy, & I'm a bit too sober.   :evilno:

[spoiler]
So what did you need those shorter Speed Booster hex tweaks for, huh? Making a hack, or just trying to have fun with the beloved Booster? [/spoiler]

advancedpillow

Quote from: CrAzY on June 11, 2015, 11:35:19 PM
So what did you need those shorter Speed Booster hex tweaks for, huh? Making a hack, or just trying to have fun with the beloved Booster?

Hello, CrAzY! At this point, just having some fun. But a fully fledged hack, yep, the ultimate goal. But for now, learning.

xXSoapXx

hello, im soap i have always been looking for a modding community where its all about that metroid love, i was HEAVILY addicted to Zelda Classic, an all in one modding program that allowed you to edit and play your own zelda adventures so i was always curious of there was one of those for this game.

Quietus

Welcome, Soap. You're free to go where you like, but please stay away from Grime, as we like him just the way he is. :^_^:

MetroidPeter

Wow, I can't believe I never introduced myself here, or maybe I did and I just can't find my post.

Anyway, I'm Peter, and I love Metroid; in case my username didn't give that away. My favorite Metroid games are Metroid Fusion and Metroid Prime, and I'm probably one of the few people in this galaxy that doesn't think Super Metroid is the greatest thing since Nutella and that Other M is the spawn of Satan.

When it comes to hacking, I'm trying to cross the n00b bridge and do something special, maybe something with a little less angst than regular Super Metroid.

The ironic thing is that I'm pretty good at sprite making, so I would try to create a Samus sprite hack, but...

Quote from: Jefe962 on September 08, 2014, 02:16:01 PM
The thing is...

Who'se idea at Nintendo was it to organize Samus' sprites like this?! It's a catastrophic mess!!

PKstarship

Hello, i'm PKstarship, and I think that Metroid Prime is possibly the best game EVER. I also really enjoy playing Metroid: Zero Mission and had a best speedrun of 55.55 on it. no joke. I probably couldn't call myself a hacker. the only thing i've ever done was remove item message boxes from Super Metroid Project Base, and once I tampered with the .asm file to Scyzer's Metroid Prime HUD patch to remove the HUD minimap. It is very nice to meet all of you :^_^: Wish for true peace in space!

Quietus

Welcome, PKstarship. :^_^:

Quote from: PKstarship on August 14, 2015, 04:16:49 PMWish for true peace in space!
I'm fairly certain that almost 100% of space is void of life, so I'd say that's fairly peaceful. :oh:

PonchGaming

Hi, im PonchGaming, and I'm fairly new to Rom Hacking. All hail Federation Force.

Quietus

In response to your first sentence: Welcome to the forum, PonchGaming. :^_^:

In response to your second sentence: I'll post a reply once I find my rolling tumbleweed .gif.

Zero One

Einachiel

Hi I'm NEW!

That being said, I want to create, in the long view, a overhaul of SM. I'm not sure where to start... (I've downloaded SMILE, an emulator, still need the ROM to work on with SMILE)

Any tips/suggestions?

Quietus

Welcome, Einachiel. :^_^:

As for tips / suggestions:
1. Don't ask for ROMs.
2. Google is your friend.

Jordan5

Quote from: Quietus on August 17, 2015, 08:59:15 PM
Welcome, Einachiel. :^_^:

As for tips / suggestions:
1. Don't ask for ROMs.
2. Google is your friend.

3. Always make back-ups. Always.

Welcome and good luck to you :^_^:

siddhartha__

hi my name is charles_black and i hang out on irc but never posted anything here.

shoutouts to zbot.

thedopefish

zbot is always wrong.  I mean, hi charles!

FullOfFail

Hello new guy Charles. Maybe we'll chat one day in the future, or something.

Meeptroid

Hey FullofFail, don't see you around much.... :lol:

Quietus

Hello, charles_black. Welcome to the forum. :^_^:

sweetnumb

Hey, I'm sweetnumb.  Just heard about the leaderboards here from EternisedDragon and I'm trying to submit a speedrun for YP Hell.  Apparently one cannot submit as their first post so I'm hoping I can submit it after this.

thedopefish

Welcome sweet.

0-post users are blocked from some things as an anti-bot measure.  You should be good to go now.

Quietus

Welcome to the forum, sweetnumb. :^_^:

Meeptroid

Well, considering I never got around to doing one of these, better late than never!

I'm Meeptroid, but you can call me Meep. I just got into actually hacking recently, but I have played rom-hacks for a few years now. My favorite game ever is Super Metroid, 2nd favorite is Super Mario World, and my second favorite Metroid game is Metroid Zero Mission. My 2 favorite rom-hacks ever are Project Base by Grime and Super Zero Mission by SBniconico. I love steak and wafer cookies. I am currently trying to get permission from Metaquarius to use a certain soundtrack hack he made for Super Metroid to allow me and my fellow friend and spriter PKstarship to make Super Metroid 8-bit (although he doesn't know this yet, but he does 8-bit spriting well). I hope to get his permission so I can make this large undertaking with PKstarship. I welcome everyone new to the forums, and I hope I am fitting in quite well. Thanks everyone!

PonchGaming

Welcome sweetnumb! Your name sounds familiar.... didn't you do a sm run at a gdq

Quietus

Quote from: Meeptroid on October 02, 2015, 04:23:25 PMSuper Zero Mission by some Japanese guy I don't know the name of.
SBniconico :study: