News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Introduce Yourself!

Started by Phazar, May 17, 2009, 05:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

igo

I'm Jukiryuu Igo, nice to meet you.

I've been meaning to do this for awhile, but you know how that goes.
A few of you may already know me, but even if not, I'm sure we'll get along just fine. For those of you I do know, I'm giving everyone a fresh start, and I hope you can give me one to.

I've got a hack in the works with an acquaintance of mine, and we should have something to show you guys soon.

interdpth

CraigRobbo

Hey i'm new here.

okay im no pro hacker, or even a novice one.

I only just understand the concept of it.

But i hope i can help any ways.

Craig

Qactis

Quote from: Buccaneer on November 23, 2010, 04:55:07 PM
Nonetheless I'm not that good in terms of pronouncing and speech

Isn't it a damn shame that English is one of the most popular languages in the world to learn when it's so retarded insofar as pronunciation and spelling goes? I don't think anyone would blame you for having a hard time getting the accent down, most people have a hard time with that, even people here in America

Quietus

I'd say that accent is probably the last thing to worry about.  For a start, there're so many of them, in so many different countries.  Basic sentence structure should be the first priority.  I tend to believe that when you make your first joke in another language, you can consider yourself fluent enough.

Qactis

does that include inter-language puns?  :heheh:

Quietus

Nah, just straight-up, witty, contextual retorts. :^_^:

Vener

Quietus

Welcome, Vener.  It's always nice to see new people here. :^_^:

Oh, and don't worry about your English.  It's more than good enough, and is easily understood.

devonodev

Hi, I'm that guy that disappeared a while ago, but is back now.  :razz:
...for now.

Fe

Hey, I'm XavierSMRH. The SMRH stands for [deleted]. I'm terrible at the moment, but I've got some great ideas which I hope will eventually make it into a hack. :^_^: I've looked everywhere for guides on ASM, door editing, repointing GFX, everything (with little to no luck at picking up the knowledge so far). I plan on becoming good before I release anything, that way I don't just start releasing a bunch of crap as a newbie. I've got a hack planned out, but it requires a good amount of ASM, so I don't expect to finish it for years... Anyway, long story short, I'm another noob who desperately needs help from the experts.  :^_^:

MultiK1llZ

Quote from: XavierSMRH on February 13, 2011, 09:12:53 PM
Hey, I'm XavierSMRH. The SMRH stands for Super Metroid ROM-Hacker. I'm rubbish ATM, but I've got some great ideas which I hope will eventually make it into the hardware. :^_^: I've looked everywhere for guides on ASM, door editing, repointing GFX, everything... with little to no luck. :< I plan on becoming good before I release anything, that way I don't just start releasing a bunch of crap as a n00b. I've got a hack planned out, but it requires a good amount of ASM, so I don't expect to finish it for years... Anyway, long story short, I is a n00b who desperately needs help from the experts. XD

I agree with you on this one because I am not very good at ASM either xD but Sadi and Black Falcon made some lessons on the forum. It definitely helped me with my ASM and finding info in my ROM but I am still really bad.. Maybe it will help you. Here is a link: http://forum.metroidconstruction.com/index.php/topic,890.0.html

Fe

Thanks! Now I might actually get to that hack sometime soon...

IamGorm

Greetings!  I am Gorm!  (Yeah I know lame but I thought it was funny  :lol:)

Anyway I am here because of my undeniable love for Metroid and all that stems from it.  It wasn't until a few months ago hat I learned of these hacks for it and I have been hooked ever since. 

I do not know a lot about editing/hacking/and stuff like that but I do wish to learn because I think it would be a useful skill and a great hobby for me.  I have read a lot on the forums here and I know That I will learn in due time.

As far as personal info I love drumming and of course games, not just metro id  :grin:  Big fan of Silent Hill, old FPS like Doom and the king, Duke Nuke, among many RPGs.

Anyway I look forward to getting to know you folks :)

Zhs2

If you ever learn how to IRC, we have plenty of room for more Doomers :)

irc://irc.esper.net/doom

Quietus

Sepharos

Seriously, when I left, how many people forgot aboot me? XD

Hiroshi Mishima

*raise hand*

But I have to say that it's probably how I react to most people I've had little contact with. If they weren't much for posting on the forum, or weren't in the chatroom I hang out in, I tend to forget people lately. I dunno, it just seems easier that way. If you were to up and vanish now, though, I'd probably remember who you are.

Natalie

Quietus

Welcome, Natalie.

I chuckled at your sig.  I suspect it's a little over the 500x500 pixel limit. :lol:

Natalie

Quote from: Quietus on May 11, 2011, 06:38:53 PM
Welcome, Natalie.

I chuckled at your sig.  I suspect it's a little over the 500x500 pixel limit. :lol:

There's a limit?

Zhs2

Yes, there's a limit since huge images tend to be accompanied with huge filesizes. You had the common decency to put it into a spoiler tag, though that doesn't stop people from loading them whenever they see your profile. >_>

Natalie

Quote from: Zhs2 on May 11, 2011, 06:54:11 PM
Yes, there's a limit since huge images tend to be accompanied with huge filesizes. You had the common decency to put it into a spoiler tag, though that doesn't stop people from loading them whenever they see your profile. >_>

Sorry.

i can remove it if you want

zephyrtronium

I'm fairly sure it also loads them when viewing a page with a post containing them.

Zknight7126

Quote from: zephyrtronium on May 11, 2011, 08:01:12 PM
I'm fairly sure it also loads them when viewing a page with a post containing them.
I think you are right about that, but if you overload a spoiler it will take time to load the spoiler, at least on zetaboards it does that.