News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Introduce Yourself!

Started by Phazar, May 17, 2009, 05:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sympthomas

Hello guys. Some will know me from the discord. I play Metroid, break the landing site sometimes and dont want my account to be purged again. See ya :)

Anna

:^_^:hello everyone im new I love to play with interest super metroid hacks I respect what you have created :yay:

Quietus

Welcome, one and all. :^_^:

GRBow

Hey, i'm GRBow. I'm a Metroid: Zero Mission runner/hackers.
I play kazoo. I drink wayyyyy to much powerade. And I am a moderator of the SRC page for the ROM Hack Project Zero Mission.

FelixWright

Quote from: GRBow on October 26, 2020, 08:47:53 PM
Hey, i'm GRBow. I'm a Metroid: Zero Mission runner/hackers.
I play kazoo. I drink wayyyyy to much powerade. And I am a moderator of the SRC page for the ROM Hack Project Zero Mission.

Thank you for all the help and input! Please enjoy your stay!

enwynrosethorne

Greetings, my name is Braeden Trefethen. My love of Metroid began when I played Metroid Prime as my first game all the way back when I was 2 or 3 years old. Since then, I've adopted Super Metroid as my all time favorite, but Prime 1 will always hold a place in my heart. In fact, I'm trying to get into the University of Southern California at the moment to get some experience making games so I can one day create my love letter to Prime. For now, I play Super Metroid hacks, draw twisted creatures, and observe the greatest games ever made to learn what I can. I'm excited to finally make my account here so I can be more involved in the community, because damn you people are cool. That's all for now. Keep on hacking!

FrenchLightningJohn

hello all, some may know me from discord, decided to join this forum, i do like to play hack but never dared to try to create one, maybe one day i will try just to expand my knowledge, but i mainly speedrun and has began to speedrun hack, i saw there was a dedicated channel also for peeps to ask question about speedrun there or just talk about that there but seems super old and don't really want to necro a post, i also work (mainly) night shift as a security guard, and don't be fooled by my name i am not from france but i am from québec so i do know french though my way of speaking is not always understandable and always strive to learn how to speak english more properly

FelixWright

It's about time, John! :^_^: Hope you enjoy your stay!

DoomedSoul84

Hello! I'm DoomedSoul84.
Since I discovered romhacks in general, I was really impressed about the amount of efford which is put into them. As a child, I dreamed of being able to create my own worlds for my favourite games. I grew up with NES and SNES and then got a GBA. At first I played a lot of SMW hacks, but then I found out that there are hacks of my all time favourites Super Metroid and Metroid Zero Mission which got me to this forum. In my spare time I play Guitar, listen to Metal music, watch Horror movies, doing a lot of other stuff and messing around with SMILE RF and MAGE which are great editors. Hope my english isn't as bad as I think. That's all for now.

KingKhorosho

Hey, I'm Khorosho, been an avid Metroid player for a while now, I would say...maybe 7 years now? I'm 16 and well I'm not a fan from the start my first game was Super Metroid and I absolutely loved it.
I just joined today infact and I love the hacking community it was a warm welcome thank you all!
and uhh...bye!

Nightshade

so, i'm hoping to make a super metroid hack eventually. MST always saying "lag is a feature" gave me an interesting idea for a hack, and hopefully, i can learn from the experts on how to do exactly that.

also i made this account some time ago, and i don't use the name demonshade666 anymore. i go by nightshade now. i was told i can request a change? please?

Darkstar44044

Hello to all the metroid people. I commonly go by Logan, but all my profile names usually involve "Darkstar" in them, as it's the name i've had since the xbox 360 days. I've only recently gotten into hacks and such, but, haven't made anything myself yet though. I'd have to say i enjoy randomizeers the most, but i've been getting into playing some of the more popular hacks as well. Anyway, thanks for your time in reading this.

scyber12

Good day to you all. I'm Scyber and am a new member here. I'm a SAG-AFTRA Union Actor who loves gaming since I was a kid in the 80's. I want to try learning how to create games, or least start off by learning to mod favorites such as Metroid and especially the LoZ franchise which is above all else, my #1 favorite! I've played some of your mods here which were great! The work you all put into your mods and hacks make me want to learn that much more about how to code and use proper color pallets and how to add in story lines in captions. I wanted to try out the Super Metroid GBA Edition 3.0 but am not sure how to open, or use a BPS file and was hoping one of you pros could help. I use the NO$GPA emulator, and tried using Visual Boy, but neither opens the game. I have the original game roms, but this isn't anything like the Lunar scripts, unless I'm mistaken? Aside from that one question on how to play that game file, I'm happy to be here and hope to learn how to mod some favorite games of mine. Until then, be safe and game on!

Scyber (Pronounced Sky-Ber...not Cyber)

nodever2

Quote from: scyber12 on February 11, 2021, 12:58:50 PM
Good day to you all. I'm Scyber and am a new member here. I'm a SAG-AFTRA Union Actor who loves gaming since I was a kid in the 80's. I want to try learning how to create games, or least start off by learning to mod favorites such as Metroid and especially the LoZ franchise which is above all else, my #1 favorite! I've played some of your mods here which were great! The work you all put into your mods and hacks make me want to learn that much more about how to code and use proper color pallets and how to add in story lines in captions. I wanted to try out the Super Metroid GBA Edition 3.0 but am not sure how to open, or use a BPS file and was hoping one of you pros could help. I use the NO$GPA emulator, and tried using Visual Boy, but neither opens the game. I have the original game roms, but this isn't anything like the Lunar scripts, unless I'm mistaken? Aside from that one question on how to play that game file, I'm happy to be here and hope to learn how to mod some favorite games of mine. Until then, be safe and game on!

Scyber (Pronounced Sky-Ber...not Cyber)
Welcome to the community. As far as patching BPS files, you'll need a program that can patch BPS files; lunar IPS can't do this, I'd recommend floating IPS as it can patch both IPS and BPS files. You can download it here: https://www.smwcentral.net/?a=details&id=11474&p=section

For more information about playing romhacks (though in this case disregard the info about IPS files): https://metroidconstruction.com/howto.php

UNHchabo

Hey everybody. I've posted on discord before, but need a forum post to upload a mini-hack I just made. :)

I speedrun Super Metroid, and I'm heavily involved with that community. I almost exclusively play vanilla, except for a few hacks I've played, like Lioran's excellent puzzle hacks.

larscandland

Hey it's me Lars. I was introduced to Smile a very long time ago, and as of about 4 years ago did I start working on a couple more serious projects. I want to share them even though they aren't anywhere near perfect, and maybe hopefully someone enjoys them.  :^_^: :^_^: :^_^:

Fred Melo

Hi! My name is Fred Melo and I'm from Brazil!
I love Metroid!

luminousplayer

Hello! from a couple of years ago since i started doing content for youtube i took the name LuminousPlayer! and have long loved Super metroid and played many times through it, i am no pro of any kind, but i have managed some minimum percent runs and can pull off some tricks here and there, when i recently learned what the modding community was achieving i got REALLY excited! and cant wait to try some of these mods on the site!

i have also developed a liking to creating bead art and am making my first pieces when i have some free time to spare!.

If you ever feel like it take a trip around my youtube channel that goes by my same name, although it is mainly in spanish since that is my main language, i have subbed some videos to english myself!

hope to be part of the community even if in a small way and help rate some mods!

nodever2

Quote from: luminousplayer on March 20, 2021, 10:17:05 PM
Hello! from a couple of years ago since i started doing content for youtube i took the name LuminousPlayer! and have long loved Super metroid and played many times through it, i am no pro of any kind, but i have managed some minimum percent runs and can pull off some tricks here and there, when i recently learned what the modding community was achieving i got REALLY excited! and cant wait to try some of these mods on the site!

i have also developed a liking to creating bead art and am making my first pieces when i have some free time to spare!.

If you ever feel like it take a trip around my youtube channel that goes by my same name, although it is mainly in spanish since that is my main language, i have subbed some videos to english myself!

hope to be part of the community even if in a small way and help rate some mods!
Welcome! I actually stumbled upon your youtube channel not too long ago, I don't speak spanish but it looked pretty cool, and youtube's auto translated subtitles helped a bit. Hope you enjoy your time here.

LeOrangeTurtle

Hi, I like Metroid, I play video games, I draw and I like Metroid... Oh, I already said that. Am I doing this right ??

alexman25

Quote from: LeOrangeTurtle on April 13, 2021, 08:31:12 PM
Hi, I like Metroid, I play video games, I draw and I like Metroid... Oh, I already said that. Am I doing this right ??

Welcome to the site. Most of us like Metroid too. :cool:

shaktool7

Hello, needed a post to review something. i guess i like metroid too.  :colonrightv:

Starry_Melody

Hi, I'm new...but I wish to create my own hacks and the like.

Lucina von Nolaran

My name is Lucina von Nolaran. I'm playing a bunch of Metroid, hack or otherwise; as of late. Might be giving a bunch of reviews soon.

therealsusan

Hi, been playing SM hacks & randy's for a year or two now. Played the SM, MF, MP & MP2 when they were originally released.

Really looking forward to metaquarius' X Fusion hack... It'll be nice to have different bosses in these hacks (assuming he lets people use them)

I have a 95% complete Justin Bailey Samus (not based on Auximine's)... Might finish it up and release it... Thinking about entering Oat's hack contest.