News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Introduce Yourself!

Started by Phazar, May 17, 2009, 05:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

Welcome, Rothlenar.  That's an anagram of Real North, so I expect you to continually move forward. :^_^:

Hawntah

Quote from: Quietus on July 11, 2014, 06:03:27 AM
Welcome, Rothlenar.  That's an anagram of Real North, so I expect you to continually move forward. :^_^:
It's also an anagram of Lorn Hater, if that makes any difference.. :neutral:

Quietus

Well, Rothlenar already introduced themselves, so it's a good first step for combating it. :^_^:

Aran;Jaeger

Hello (this is actually not meant as introduction, but I thought it would fit in here better than somewhere else (since there is no glitch topic in here like in M2k2?) ), I am going to analyse Super Metroid, sum up the results of my research and would like to put them somewhere into the Super Metroid section in here at some point in time when things are (at least partially) done, if I am allowed to do so. Therefore I request getting a thread into which I can put those things and (provided that other people are interested in it, too) talk/improve/try to answer questions about these things.
In particular, the things I want to analyse/do are:
[Note that I will restrict my research to the ruleset "non-major-glitched" (no Out of Bounds, no GT-code, activating Spazer+Plasma at the same time is forbidden) for most parts, and I will distinguish cases for PAL and NTSC.]

I. Complete analysis of the SM-mechanics/physics including all kinds of glitches/tricks/details/techniques/maneuvers/remarks (with a list of corresponding obstacles within which the tricks find application) in text form with a categorization-structure for all those aspects such that it provides an overview of all the mechanics and such that things can be found faster, including links for video-material for mechanics that require it to be properly understandable.[This part is kind of the core of all my analysis and has first priority, since most of the following kinds of analysis are (heavily) based on knowledge about SM´s physics. Maybe I will sporadically research the physics of other SM hacks, too.]

II. Item-tree-analysis (finding all different minimal item-combinations with which it would theoretically (in some cases tool-assisted) be possible to collect a certain item (within a given ruleset); for (every/)most items. Where "minimal" does not mean low% but
"for the given item-comb., if one takes even just one item away, it becomes impossible to collect the given/fixed item". Including a list of hypotheses that are used to "prove" existence and minimality (means: option cannot be reduced) of each option, aswell as proving completeness of each set of minimal item-comb.s for a given item (which would mean that no further option is missing).[In general completeness is the hardest part, especially for Maridia.]
Aswell as exploration-analysis (similar, but instead of collecting items with min. equipment, the goal is to find all min. options to get into a given map-square) and fortunately most parts in here can be reduced to the item-tree-analysis. Plus a map of all "neccessary map-squares" (a map-square is defined as neccessary if and only if there does not exist a theoretically feasible route that completes the game and does not visit the given map-square).

III. Analysis of a list of kinds of playthroughs (categories) with given restrictions/rules: [PB = Powerbomb]
*all 14%(Low%)-categories (GravityIce, XIce, GravitySpeed, HighJumpIcePAL, GravityPB, IcePB and SpeedPB [edit: aswell as XPB and XSpeed] [2.edit: aswell as IceSpeedbooster and GrappleSpeedbooster] [3.edit: aswell as PBPB] [4.edit: aswell as 14%HighJump-Speed(PAL)]) including the sub-categories generated by choosing different combinations for ammunition and/or E-/R-Tanks.
*most remaining min.-item-combinations with which the game can be completed.
[Order in which parts are mentioned in the following categories fixes the priority within the ruleset, which makes a difference sometimes. E.g. Pacifist-Max% means: Kill least number of creatures, then (within this least amount) try to maximize number of collectable items, and not vice versa: "Get 100%, try to kill least number of creatures".]
* (300)LowDamage-Max%/Min%, Pacifist-Max%/Min% (definition of the "set of creatures" aswell as the definition of "killing a creature" is not totally clear [edit: Found a canonical way for the definition, namely use SMILE and put grey doors that will open when n (mostly n = 1) creatures are killed into the room where one wants to test something like "skree suicide" or "destroying certain PLMs (turrets for example)" or "getting hit a by projectile and destroying it that way (for example bluefire from Phantoon or Kraids fingernails or ...)" and judge if one actually killed something or not according to the response from the game itself given by the grey door (if it is blinking or not) ], NBMB, GT-code-Max%, NoRefills, RBO-Low%, Low%Map,
and other categories:
*min-active-key-items, min.-different-used-buttons (as generalization of NoDash-button), min.-simultaneous-used-buttons, min-used-ammo, 100%Map-Low%items,... (maybe SRL-puzzles, too).

I could also try to research about categories that allow OoB or even further stuff (for example:
Low%OoB-(all-bosses), NBMB-OoB, True-RBO,...) but regarding these aspects, there are some other people that are much more competent and could handle this much better.

Regarding SM hacks, this is my current status (using keyboard to play; w.r.t. my standard ruleset; I also have all movies for all of the corresponding playthroughs if there are some questions regarding this part)
[spoiler]

M. means that I (think that I) collected the maximal number of Items within the Hack [I usually search through every single room of a hack within SMILE and make maps on paper including the items, therefore I am extremely sure that most of these numbers can be trusted, since I do this procedure meticulously]
f. means that the Hack freezes in certain unusual situations
I.r. means that some Items respawn in the Hack
as. means that I saved the animals in the Hack (animals saved)
na. means that there are no animals in the Hack that could be saved (no animals)
ans. means that there are animals in the Hack but I could not save them (animals not saved)

normal Ending?   Name of the Hack:                      collected Items:        Time: Commentary:   
No     SM. a Super Metroid Christmas                               4%, M.                  ?           na.   
No     SM. Christmas Metroid                                          0%, M.                  ?           na.   
Yes   SM. Inertia                                      (Score: 515), 3%, M.                   ?           na., f.   
Yes   SM. Super Metroid Snowglobe                                   5%, M.           25:38.   na.   
Yes   SM. Wet Winter                                                 13%, M.           00:11.   na.   
Yes   SM. Hallow Eve                                                 24%, M.               04:58.   na.   
No     SM. KT JDDD Halloween                                         20%, M.               ?           na.   
Yes   SM. Sam & Phazar´s Halloween Hack                   4%, M.           00:03.   na.   
Yes   SM. Super Hauntroid                                         34%, M.               04:28.   na.   
Yes   SM. So Little Time                                     110,2%, M.           00:38.   na.   
Yes   SM. B2-TW                                                         10%, M.           00:10.   na.   
Yes   SM. Equilibrium                                                 32%, M.           34:03.   na.   
Yes   SM. Low Impact                                                 25%, M.           00:34.   na.   
Yes   SM. Melancholia IV                                        100%, M.           00:33.   na., f.   
Yes   SM. Rulers of Ruin                                                 59%, M.           00:15.   na.   
Yes   SM. Save Room                                                 39%, M.           00:16.   na.   
Yes   SM. SMContest                                                 11%, M.           34:15.   na.   
Yes   SM. So Little Room                                           9%, M.           00:01.   na.   
Yes   SM. Vismunds Sidehopper Special                         39%, M.           00:31.   na.   
Yes   SM. Eris (2012)                                                101%, M.           04:39.   na., child saved   
No     SM. Event Horizon [demo]                                 21%, M.              ?           na.   
Yes   SM. Ice Metal 1: Uninstall                             100,0%, M.           03:47.   na.   
Yes   SM. Phazon Hack (Version 0.3)                        100%, M.           11:22.   All 50 Phazon Particles, f.   
Yes   SM. Project Base                                                100%, M.           01:37.   as.   
No     SM. Rainbow City [demo]                                 21%, M.              ?           na.   
Yes   SM. Redesign                                                100%, M.           11:13.   as.   
Yes   SM. Super Zero Mission (hard Edition)                101%, M.           12:34.   as.   
No     SM. Volta [demo]                                                 38%, M.              ?           na.   
Yes   SM. Z-Factor                                                100%, M.           11:06.   as.   
Yes   SM. Airy                                                        100%, M.           03:28.   na.   
No     SM. Ceribris (Version 6.21)                                  13%, M.              ?           na.   
Yes   SM. Cliffhanger                                                101%, M.           06:56.   as., f.   
No     SM. Cider [demo]                                                  60%, M.              ?           na.   
Yes   SM. Dependence                                                100%, M.           04:02.   na.   
Yes   SM. Escape from Planet Metroid                          65%, M.           02:00.   na.   
No     SM. Eternity [demo]                                           8%, M.              ?           na.   
Yes   SM. Final Stand                                                  24%, M.              ?           na.   
Yes   SM. Golden Dawn                                               100%, M.           05:26.   na.   
Yes   SM. Legacy                                                        100%, M.           02:24.   as.   
Yes   SM. Legend of the Beast - Prologue                         44%, M.           01:24.   na., f.   
Yes   SM. Life                                                        100%, M.           03:47.   na., f.   
Yes   SM. Metroid X: The 101% Run                               101%, M.           04:04.   na.   
Yes   SM. Mockingbird Station                                         50%, M.           03:27.   na., I.r.   
Yes   SM. Oxide                                                        174%, M.           01:43.   as.   
Yes   SM. Pantheon                                                 99%, M.           04:38.   as.   
Yes   SM. Revolution Ex                                                 88%, M.           03:25.   as.   
Yes   SM. Search For Items                                        100%, M.           01:40.   na.   
Yes   SM. Stardust                                                 99%, M.           00:50.   na.   
No     SM. X – Chapter 1: Investigation [demo]                 10%, M.            ? na., ends at Spore Spawn by definition   
Yes   SM. Another Super Metroid (normal)                         97%, M.           02:05.   as., f.   
Yes   SM. Another Super Metroid (hard)                          97%, M.           02:14.   as., f.   
Yes   SM. a more different Zebes                                 91%, M.           03:09.   as.   
Yes   SM. Blackout                                                100%, M.           02:33.   as., f.   
Yes   SM. Colors (basic)                                        113%, M.           03:07.   as.   
Yes   SM. Colors (hard)                                                102%, M.           03:50.   as., f.   
Yes   SM. Control Freak                                                100%, M.           01:36.   as.   
Yes   SM. Criminal Intent                                          84%, M.           03:41.   as.   
Yes   SM. Darkness Spreads 2                                         90%, M.           05:12.   as.   
Yes   SM. Dismet                                                        ?79%, M.           01:37.   na., f., I.r.   
Yes   SM. emoD                                                         99%, M.           03:07.   as.   
Yes   SM. Fantasy and Dazzle                                         129%, M.           02:02.   as.   
Yes   SM. Grapple                                                         99%, M.           02:31.   as.   
Yes   SM. Gravy                                                        100%, M.           04:38.   as.   
Yes   SM. GR2 Halfhack 2                                        100%, M.           07:04.   as.   
Yes   SM. Hard Metroid                                                  98%, M.           04:27.   as., f.   
Yes   SM. Hard Mode (person701)                                  47%, M.           02:11.   as.   
Yes   SM. Hard Mode (Other M)                                  19%, M.           02:57.   as.   
Yes   SM. Hard Mode Elite (JAM)                                 100%, M.           02:33.   as.   
Yes   SM. Hard Mode Veteran (JAM)                                 100%, M.           03:04.   as.   
Yes   SM. Hard Mode Nightmare (JAM)                         102%, M.           06:53.   as.   
No     SM. Hard Mode Crazy (JAM)                                   62%, M.              ?           na.   
Yes   SM. Ice                                                           93%, M.           03:52.   na., f., I.r.   
Yes   SM. Impossible                                                 100%, M.           05:44.   ans.   
Yes   SM. Intense                                                        100%, M.           03:49.   as., f.   
Yes   SM. Kill Time                                                   99%, M.           04:52.   as.   
Yes   SM. Limit (Version 1.8)                                          99%, M.              03:40. as., I took the Super Missile route   
Yes   SM. New Zebes                                                   86%, M.           07:05.   as.   
Yes   SM. Precision                                                  100%, M.           07:49.   na.   
Yes   SM. Puddin´                                                  100%, M.           06:44.   as.   
Yes   SM. RBO                                                          103%, M.           02:23.   as.   
Yes   SM. RBO Impossible                                          101%, M.           04:26.   ans.   
Yes   SM. RBO Insane                                                 100%, M.           06:06.   as.   
?       SM. Remake    [does not work]                               ?                      ?            ?   
Yes   SM. Reverse (Version 1.8)                                   72%, M.           02:30.   as.   
Yes   SM. Rewind                                                          100%, M.           03:32.   as., f.   
Yes   SM. Second Quest                                          101%, M.           02:40.   as., f.   
Yes   SM. Soup                                                           81%, M.           03:28.   as.   
Yes   SM. Super Easy Metroid                                          100%, M.           01:21.   as.   
Yes   SM. Tenka                                                          ?85%, M.           00:14.   na.   
?       SM. T-Metroid    [does not work]                               ?                      ?            ?   
Yes   SM. Vanilla++                                                    66%, M.           02:06.   as.   
Yes   SM. Vino                                                          100%, M.            03:34.   as.   
No     SM. Warfare    [not beaten]                            12% / 21%              ?           na.   
Yes   SM. Wet Dream                                                  100%, M.           02:20.   na.   
Yes   SM. YPR                                                          100%, M.           05:26.   na.   
Yes   SM. Zebes Returns                                          100%, M.           01:59.   as.   
Yes   SM. 7 Star                                                            45%, M.              ?           na.   
Yes   SM. Advent                                                            37%, M.           00:44.   na.   
Yes   SM. AngryFireChozo                                           101%, M.           02:18.   as., f.   
No     SM. Arena 7                                                     26%, M.              ?           na.   
Yes   SM. Black Plague   2                                                 1%, M.              ?           na.   
Yes   SM. Blitz                                                            54%, M.           00:34.   as.   
Yes   SM. Boss                                                           120%, M.           01:43.   as.   
Yes   SM. Containment                                                    17%, M.        ? na., f., I.r., ends at Crocomire by definition   
Yes   SM. Darkholme Hospital                                          100%, M.           48:55.   na.   
No     SM. Dark World                                                    13%, M.               ?           na.   
Yes   SM. Digital Cube                                                    47%, M.           00:24.   na.   
Yes   SM. Exia                                                             7%, M.           00:28.   na.   
No     SM. Few Room Hack                                           14%, M.               ?           na.   
Yes   SM. Glitchtroid    [not beaten]                            3% / +41%               ?            ?   
Yes   SM. Grand Prix                                                    18%, M.            05:47.   na.   
Yes   SM. Grand Prix 2                                                   12%, M.           09:37.   na.   
Yes   SM. Hangtime                                                    17%, M.           00:12.   na.   
Yes   SM. Hell                                                             5%, M.           00:27.   na.   
No     SM. Lunar Pull                                                    36%, M.               ?           na.   
Yes   SM. Magma                                                           36%, M.           01:11.   na.   
No     SM. Mindfuck                                                    73%, M.              ?        na., I.r.   
Yes   SM. NoobSmasher                                                   23%, M.           00:37.   na.   
No     SM. Perspective                                                    4%, M.              ?           na.   
No     SM. Phantom                                                   11%, M.              ?          na., f.   
No     SM. Platinum Hexadecimal                                   50%, M.              ?          na.   
No     SM. Playground                                                   23%, M.              ?            na.   
No     SM. Ridley´s Revenge                                           25%, M.              ?            na.   
No     SM. Screwed and Chopped                     24%+140M+22SM+20PB      ?            na.   
Yes   SM. Sigma Boss Rush                                           36%, M.           01:59.    na.   
No     SM. Sil [demo]                                                   15%, M.              ?            na.   
Yes   SM. Temporus                                                   47%, M.           01:00.    na.   
Yes   SM. True Boss Rush (easy)                                   58%, M.           15:51.    na.   
Yes   SM. True Boss Rush (hard)                                   48%, M.           19:35.    na.   
No     SM. Avenger´s Hack                                             7%, M.              ?            na.   
No     SM. Avenger´s Hack 2                                             6%, M.              ?            na.   
Yes   SM. Challenge                                                  120%, M.           00:24.    na.   
No     SM. Confinement                                                     7%, M.              ?            na.   
No     SM. Enigma                                                             3%, M.              ?            na.   
No     SM. Escape                                                             8%, M.              ?            na.   
No     SM. Ridley´s Challenge                                            28%, M.              ?            na.   
No     SM. Landing Site Abuse                                            19%, M.              ?            na.   
No     SM. Legend of Doom                                              7%, M.              ?            na.   
No     SM. Maze                                                              3%, M.              ?            na.   
No     SM. One Room Hack                                            15%, M.              ?            na.   
No     SM. Speedbooster Practice                                     7%, M.              ?            na.   
No     SM. Starburst                                                     22%, M.              ?            na.   
No     SM. Super Made in Metroid – Attack of the Rinkas     10% / +10%      ?   (hard mode)   
No     SM. TAS Practice                                                     4%, M.              ?            na.   
Yes   SM. The Technique Trainer                                    24%, M.           00:07.    na.   
No     SM. Torture Hack                                                   17%, M.              ?            na.   
No     SM. Ultimate Challenge                                            20%, M.              ?            na.   
No     SM. Yonpi Ks One Room-TR                                      5%, M.              ?            na.   

Yes   SM. Rebuild                                                          102%, M.           02:29.   a.s.   
Yes   SM. Rebuild2                                                  103%, M.           02:02.   a.s.   
No     SM. SnowCrash                                                     4%, M.              ?           na.   
Yes   SM. Cristener Homenag                                           101%, M.           03:00.   a.s.   
No     SM. Special Metroid 3                                              9%, M.              ?           na.   
Yes   SM. TR                                                           100%, M.           03:15.   a.s.   
?       SM. Ferrawrd [does not work]                                 ?                    ?             ?   
Yes   SM. Exercise 4.0 hard                           99%, M.(maybe 1 PB missing) 04:38.       a.s.   
Yes   SM. Paddle                            89%,(without certain 79CB3-TAS-items) 03:30.   a.s.
Yes   SM. Full Run                                                     41%, M.   00:40.   na.
No     SM. Shadow                                                     29%, M.   ?   na.
Yes   SM. Escape (halfhack)                                            100%, M.   03:27.   a.s.
Yes   SM. Green Peace                                                       1%, M.   75:00.   a.s.
No     SM. Insanity                                                       0%, M.   ?   na.
Yes   SM. Evacuation                                                       1%, M.   00:21.   na.
Yes   SM. Celestriaus III [very hard]                               6%, M.   00:04.   na.
Yes   SM. Spikes!                                                               0%, M.   00:18.   na.
Yes   SM. Retro Dust                                                       2%, M.   00:01.   na.
Yes   SM. Adams Hack                                                     11%, M.   00:09.   na.
Yes   SM. HISHE                                                               0%, M.   ?   na.
Yes   SM. Ridleys Revenge (Prime Hunter)                           100%, M.   04:49.   na.
Yes   SM. NonCompetition                                            101%, M.   30:10.   na.
Yes   SM. Ice Returns                                                     19%, M.   00:33.   na.
Yes   SM. Patience                                                   101%, M.   02:19.   a.s.
Yes   SM. Inverted                                                   110%, M.   04:09.   a.s.
No     SM. Rebirth v.0                                                     99%, M.   ?   na.
Yes   SM. Oblivion                                                     95%, M.   01:43.   a.s.
Yes   SM. Infiltration                                                     37%, M.   02:28.   na.
Yes   SM. Hownst                                                            102%, M.   02:02.   a.s.
Yes   SM. Hard (Ir0n_BeasT)                                            100%, M.   01:42.   a.s.
Yes   SM. Ferrawrd                                                    100%, M.   03:01.   ans.
No   SM. Puzzle                                                              19%, M.   ?           na.
Yes   SM. Challenge                                                      34%, M.   03:41.   a.s.
No   SM. Hiper Metroid                                                       0%, M.   ?           na.
Yes   SM. easy Metroid                                                    100%, M.   01:21.   a.s.
No   SM. Marathon                                                      14%, M.   ?           na.
No   SM. Nocturn                                     20%, M. (16SM,16PB)   ?           na.
Yes   SM. Space Adventures                          11%, M. (12M,7SM,3PB)   00:11.   na.
Yes   SM. permastuck Practic                                             158%, M.   00:01.   na.
Yes   SM. Space Collony Revenger                                        0%, M.   00:02.   na.
Yes   SM. KRAID Challenge                                                3%, M.   00:07.   na.
Yes   SM. HaskeemBeerT                                             ?33%, M.   00:10.   na.
Yes   SM. Edaeialdui                                                     100%, M.   ??:??.           a.s.
Yes   SM. Hard Mode Gamma                                               94%, M.   02:09.   a.s.
Yes   SM. Deathtroid                                                     100%, M.   01:24.   a.s.
Yes   SM. Gravity                                                             104%, M.   03:06.   a.s.
Yes   SM. Pro Grapple                                                     101%, M.   03:34.   a.s.
Yes   SM. UnderWorld                                                     101%, M.   03:03.   a.s.
No   SM. Vacation                                                        0%, M.   00:00.   na.
Yes   SM. Rebuild 4                                                     101%, M.   03:15.   a.s.
Yes   SM. Extra                                                               98%, M.   53:53.   a.s.
Yes   SM. Final Crimson                                                     101%, M.   02:34.   a.s.
Yes   SM. Maridia,Norfair v. 1.2                                     100%, M.   01:25.   a.s.
Yes   SM. Gazz                                                               95%, M.   02:59.   a.s.
Yes   SM. Beam Combo                                                       24%, M.   00:06.   na.
Yes   SM. Tribute to Energy,Missile,Map Rooms                         2%, M.   00:01.   na.
Yes   SM. One Hit Kill                                                       99%, M.   01:45.   a.s.
No   SM. Retaliation                                                   11% / 12%   ?           na.
Yes   SM. Permastuck Practic2                                       64%, M.   00:01.   na.
Yes   SM. Gate Bug                                                      ?52%, M.   01:15.   na.
Yes   SM. Draygon Challenge                                                 5%, M.   00:09.   na.
Yes   SM. Chozo Statue Challenge                                       21%, M.   00:03.   na.
No   SM. Zeon                                                               86%, M.   ?           na.
Yes   SM. Cristener Homenag3                                        0%, M.   00:00.   na.
No   SM. Bicho                                                                3%, M.   ?           na.
Yes   SM. The darkness spreads1                                     100%, M.   01:52.   na.
Yes   SM. Remake                                                     103%, M.   03:13.   a.s.
Yes   SM. Rebuild 3                                                     123%, M.   02:38.   a.s.
No   SM. Arena                                                                0%, M.   ?           na.
No   SM. Arena 2                                                        0%, M.   ?           na.
Yes   SM. Ceres                                                            96%/97%   01:47.   a.s.
Yes   SM. Ferrawrd 2                                                       98%, M.   03:22.   na.
Yes   SM. XHPC                                                             107%, M.   02:38.   a.s.
No   SM. So Little Collab                                               41%, M.   ?           na.
Yes   SM. MockMetroid                                                       56%, M.   00:08.   na.
No   SM. Kaizo                                                           1% / 43%+   ?           na.
Yes   SM. Down                                                                3%, M.   00:06.   na.
Yes   SM. ZigZag                                                         10% / 11%+   00:08.   na.
No   SM. Battle                                                                0%, M.   ?           na.
No   SM. Fear (demo)                                                    9% / 10%   ?           na.
Yes   SM. No Doors                                                    100%, M.   01:18.   a.s.
Yes   SM. Desafio                                                      ?66% / ?67%+   00:16.   a.s.
No   SM. Opus 1                                                                0%, M.   ?           na.
Yes   SM. Escape from Norfair                                                6%, M.   00:01.   na.
Yes   SM. Lunatic Insane Hard                                        0%, M.   00:02.   na.
Yes   SM. Phantom Challenge                                             280%, M.   00:07.   na.
[/spoiler]

Quietus

I wish you luck with this mammoth undertaking. :^_^:

As for a thread, just create a new one with a suitable title in the Off Topic section.

personitis

Best of luck to you as that is a ton of info you're attempting to gather and even categorize.

On another note, I'm terribly sorry you played my crappy hard mode hack.

crazyal02

Hello everyone!

i've been lurking here for a week or so, learning how SMILE works and getting a few patches. I've already made a few test hacks, and am now working on a hack where the path splits in two; you choose a path, are locked into it, and eventually reach the convergence, where you can then backtrack through the other path to obtain the rest of the items. You then return to the convergence point and proceed to the final level.

I have had a bit of experience hacking the original Metroid with Metedit, but that didn't end up going anywhere. I'm considering revisiting Metroid, this time using Editroid. (I'm also working on a sprite mod for VVVVVV.)

personitis

Ahahaha. Just saw your post on Smashboards about the roster "leak." Small world...

In any case, welcome aboard! If you've got questions, use the search feature, then ask around. :heheh: Best of luck to your projects and do your best to enjoy your stay.

X-tradyte

Hello, new face! I've seen that used in a different hack before, Legacy I think it was. You choose the powerbomb or super missle path and eventually get the other item. It's really cool.

Anyways, welcome aboard.

Grimlock

Quote from: crazyal02 on August 20, 2014, 08:46:44 PM

I have had a bit of experience hacking the original Metroid with Metedit, but that didn't end up going anywhere. I'm considering revisiting Metroid, this time using Editroid.

Great, post if you need any help with Editroid.  I have created a couple tutorials, they are more on the advanced side, easy enough to understand though.  The tutorial that explains how to do doorless scroll transitions is pretty significant since it really offers a lot of freedom in area designs and the ability to add secret passageways and alternate routes.  I would post a link but I'm typing on a kindle Fire and it's crap for copy paste and generally most things related to typing.

I look forward to seeing some more M1 hacks in the Metroid M1 forum, post some screenshots if you get something going.

Quietus

Welcome.  With an avatar that scary, I won't ask what happened to the first crazyal. :whoa:

FullOfFail

The Snake, The Rat, The Cat, The Dog, How you gonna see him if you're living in the fog?

Parabox

Look closely and bring a flashlight?

Omegatroid

Hi! I'm Omegatroid! Nice to meet everyone! I've been coming to this site lately to see some cool Metroid hacks. I had lot's of fun playing them. I never hacked SNES roms yet or tried ASM for this system but one day, I will.

Quietus

Welcome, Omegatroid.  Play nice, and enjoy your stay. :^_^:

Retroo

TobiMikami

Happy hacking, need any help feel free to PM one of us :P

Hawntah

SNES roms are overrated Hello and welcome to this.. er.. lovely community of friendly friends!

Quietus

And the three billy goats gruff declined comment...

EliBloodthirst

Hello there guys my name is EliBloodthirst, most people generally call me Eli.

I was invited here by the lovely jefe(jiffy) because he knows I love sprites. I am 19 years of age and I live in London,England. I study IT in college and my hobbies include making sprites, gaming and playing this little bike game.

Generally I don't do much other things but I will try to come on here as much as possible just to idk. Make hacks, comment and what not. If I get started c;

Here is some of my monotone sprite art works:

Miku
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Mithra dancer
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Toronto castle and Ramona Flowers
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Link
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Taokaka
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Dr Wilys Ship
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Most of the time I stick to a monochrome pallete that I myself designed for the bike game I generally make them on.. That's all I got for this post, thanks for reading

Jiffy

Welcome, Elly. Glad to welcome you here at last.  :^_^:

This place will get your hacking vibe up in no time. Just check the tutorials page and pop in IRC sometime and we'll get you started.

Retroo

Welcome!  :grin: If you need help just PM me or someone here on the forum =)

personitis

Yes, welcome. We don't usually see a lot of spriters around here (I think that last one was Sylux?). Anywho, there's plenty of information around if you're interested in hacking and if not, stay for fun I suppose. Welcome aboard.

Grimlock

Nice work Eli, thanks for sharing, you've got some real talent!