News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

WE HAZ TEH WEEKEE?

Started by Zhs2, October 06, 2009, 04:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhs2

It's been far too long since we've had an announcement, and I figured, hey, we've got it up and we need help working on it.

We present to you...

The url is conveniently located at http://wiki.metroidconstruction.com.

While we make a concious effort daily to watch the wiki and add new content, it'd be cool if you guys joined and added a piece of reference for yourself - whether it be information on assembly, a style guide for hackers, general information on some of the things encountered when hacking, or an important reference document! Everyone can feel free to add knowledge to a page, and, when they become noteworthy reference material, they can be moved to the main site's completed documents section!

So, what are you waiting for? Sign up on the wiki and start editing today! =D

Also, a handy tip for y'all: the Help page is an excellent place to start if you know nothing about wiki editing, and would like to share! Don't forget about it!

Silver Skree

Made 2 new articles tonight:

SABS
Jathys, himself.

I think I did a pretty thorough job on the SABS article, but I really just kinda pooped out on the Jathys article... someone mind writing that one up for me? It's pretty much just summarizing the pages on http://jathys.zophar.net/

EDIT: Also created the People Category Page and listed it on the Wiki front page.

"As with anywhere, Metroid Construction recognizes specific people with varying significance. This is a list of those people significant enough to have articles of their own."

Zhs2

I'm not actually sure how I feel about a people page. Don't people get enough of a reputation with their own actions and websites? We're not a glory hole, for pete's sake.

The SABS article is great, though. :D

Silver Skree

Well, I don't intend for it to be so much of a glorification; It's useful if someone wants to know what all tools/resources/hacks person X has developed.

If it turns out to be nothing but extraneous information after it's been beefed up some, you can just nuke it. :P

EDIT: Beefed up Jathys' Artcile. U liek?

DSO

Hey, I'm all for giving credit where it's due  :wink:
Excuse me while I create a page proclaiming my own awesomeness.

Silver Skree

Hah.

Just remember, everyone, it's for people to find out what resources, hacks, and tools you've got; not how AWESUM>!1!!11! you are.  :heheh:

Zhs2

Which is exactly why I'm worrying about it. One guy's got a page, everyone's gonna want a page. Then again, that's what this page is for (remind me to have the big contributors type up some bios so everyone has something in there. :P)

Other than that, I don't see any problem with Jathy's page being a giant bundle of resource links. A list of his hacks though, I don't know...

Silver Skree

Quote from: Zhs2 on November 03, 2009, 10:50:08 AMOther than that, I don't see any problem with Jathy's page being a giant bundle of resource links. A list of his hacks though, I don't know...
I was unsure about linking the hacks as well. Remove if you wish; it doesn't matter all that much to me.

Also, I want to write a Kejardon page, but there's just so much freaking stuff he's done, I don't know if I could even begin to make it thorough enough.

personitis

Quote from: Silver Skree on November 03, 2009, 06:02:34 PM
Quote from: Zhs2 on November 03, 2009, 10:50:08 AMOther than that, I don't see any problem with Jathy's page being a giant bundle of resource links. A list of his hacks though, I don't know...
I was unsure about linking the hacks as well. Remove if you wish; it doesn't matter all that much to me.

Also, I want to write a Kejardon page, but there's just so much freaking stuff he's done, I don't know if I could even begin to make it thorough enough.
Why not link? Links are helpful too. ^_^ Or were you talking a Kejardon like page?

Silver Skree

Could we get a 'Wiki' button added to the forum pages, please?

Also, about to beef the hell out of the 'List of rooms in Super Metroid' page, by adding tilespace, enemy and PLM info, plus the pointers for each room.

devonodev

A Wiki button at the top of the forum would be really good.
Also, I just added hot-keys to the SMILE page

Zhs2

I think that I will do this. It will give Grime something to think about, at the very least.

Edit: Done.

Zhs2

Bump. We don't haz teh weekee. ;(

We're looking into the cause (admittedly at my leisure,) but it seems to have to do with a recent security audit made by our server hosts...

personitis

So it's not the wiki's fault?

Zhs2

Nope. The recent security audit forces directory octals to 750 when the wiki requires octal 755.

CaptainHayashi

It would appear that we do haz teh weekee

Zhs2