News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Bandwidth problems, among other things

Started by Zhs2, February 19, 2010, 06:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhs2

For those of you who already know, we had a few problems here and there. For those who don't, it's a simple problem with an ugly name. The magic word here is bandwidth.

Recently, we've noticed a few fucktarded things going on behind our backs. Of course, I was pretty lax about the whole ordeal, being me, but even I came to realize that something was going on when I was alerted high-time to a sudden attack yesterday afternoon that shut off all access to the site due to repeated attempts to load FullHacks.php on the root server (yes, I shit you not.) A second attack occurred earlier today after James set up a deal with Fazewire today to reset our bandwidth - the IP was banned shortly after. We've inquired a report today with Fazewire, we're gonna see how that goes in a few days. Probably going to update our plan and whatnot and be ever vigilant with our attackers, since we now know they aren't going to allow us any leeway in the mix.

We ask for your patience should Metroid Construction go down any time this month, and also not to actively attempt to tax the server, for whatever good it may do. We've got to ride out nine days worth of potential trouble, after which we possibly will be in the clear and into a new deal with Fazewire. Thanks for taking the time to read this message, peoples, and keep on enjoying Metconst! ohhhh, yeah...

GF_Kennon

A few of you also need to calm down on the refreshing, no names being mentioned, but do calm down or we could accidently end up banning your IP from the server, also likewise if you do suddenly get a 403 forbidden error make sure to come on IRC so we can release you.