News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Tetris Attack in C++

Started by Bioniclegenius, October 01, 2009, 08:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bioniclegenius

Working on this at the same time as SMC++. Here's a video, which has what I had an hour ago in it:
Tetris Attack C++ in 1

Right now, I'm making a class for all the blocks, so that I can just type it in once to make them evaporate on contact. So far, this is going well. Any comments/questions?

personitis

Pokemon Puzzel Challenge blocks!! OMG, this game is still awsome... and yes, I do still play it. On the original cartridge at that! =D Keep up the cool work.

Zhs2

Panel de Pon, bitch.

Also, that scrolling made me think of being able to scroll down to parts of the stack you can't see and make insane combos while time is frozen. Awesome =o

Bioniclegenius

Well, since I last posted in this topic, I added the gravity (somewhat), so that there are blank spots when you reload it, and the ones on top of it fall down. There's no timer or anything, though, so it happens pretty instantly. My next goal, which shouldn't be too hard, is to make them evaporate. Already, though, I can see something that'll probably come up as a problem when I try to implement the solution I have in mind. Probably easily fixed, but still...

Got evaporating 3's all in. The problem I predicted DID come up, which is that you can only evaporate three at a time. Also, I'm occasionally getting an error with those that are supposed to be blank (b/c they're gone) not being such. Fortunately, that bug doesn't pop up much.
Tetris Attack in C++ 2

zephyrtronium

Perhaps to fix your problem you could create an array of objects to be killed instead of just killing them, assuming you haven't already thought up something to take care of it.