News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Scrolling help

Started by Benki, March 23, 2013, 12:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benki

How do I make the scrolling PLM work ( The ones below the door )
It works when I touch the (S) but It won't work when I touch the arrows.

Cloud20

Did you tried indexes for arrow PLM : High = 80 low =00 ?

MetroidMst

The only thing that needs done with the arrows is make sure the high and low are set properly, if that is done, then they will work fine. That being said, I see two things about that. First, when going down through the door, Samus might spawn in the room beneath those and not trigger them by doing so. Lowering them another block would be better for that.

Second, you should never use the arrows. There is another way which will save your PLMs and is just better in general. Give the tile next to the scroll PLM a horizontal property, and if you are trying to copy a block to the left/up, then you want to give the horizontal tile a value of FF. That should copy the first block to the left/up, which makes that horizontal block an extension of the scroll PLM. You can chain it to make it as long as you want.

Benki

Quote from: MetroidMst on March 23, 2013, 12:15:04 PM
First, when going down through the door, Samus might spawn in the room beneath those and not trigger them by doing so.
That fixed it. Thank you.

Benki

How do I fix space jump? You know, where it doesn't have a timer to when the player can jump and not?

Black Falcon

81E98 - 02 to ?? [air]
81E9C - 00 to ?? [water]
Adjusts how quickly you can repeatedly use space jump. 00 = more frequently, 02 = standard, 04 = less frequently, etc.

81E9A - 05 to ?? [air]
81E9E - 05 to ?? [water]
Adjusts how long Samus must fall before space jump no longer works.
The value differences are pretty radical, though. 04 = barely have to fall before you can no longer jump, 05 = standard, 06 = seemingly no limit to how long you can fall and still use space jump again, etc.

I think playing around with these values should fix it  :^_^:

Benki

How would I change Bomb Torizo's palette?

EDIT:
Title screen editing (palette editing)
When I let metroid come in from the intro it ends up like this

But when I skip the demo it comes out like I want it to.

FullOfFail

Quote from: Benki on March 28, 2013, 09:50:07 PM
How would I change Bomb Torizo's palette?

From the Project Palatte Doc:
(Use 'I Am A Genius')

[spoiler]

Bomb Torizo

* Bomb Torizo's palettes are each two lines. The first line is the main palette and the second line is for his back leg/arm, so make sure the second line is slightly darker than the first line so the back leg/arm actually appear to be drawn behind him.

* The stuff that drips out of Bomb Torizo after his stomach is blown open uses palette D01A0-0F. See "Miscellaneous palettes" section for info on D01A0-0F.

150687-1F
Bomb Torizo's orb colors (the ones he spits at Samus, and only those). These are shared by the same orbs that Golden Torizo uses. The orbs' explosions, along with the crescents he flings at Samus and the small round eye beams all use palette D01A0-0F. See "Miscellaneous palettes" section for info on D01A0-0F.

1506C7-1F
Bomb Torizo's colors, before the fight starts.

150707-1F
Bomb Torizo's colors during the fight.

6E2F3-02 [6E2F1, 0A 00]
6E2FD-02 [6E2FB, 08 00]
6E307-02 [6E305, 08 00]
6E311-02 [6E30F, 0A 00]
6E31B-02 [6E319, 08 00]
6E325-02 [6E323, 08 00]
Bomb Torizo's glowing belly and glowing eye outline.
[/spoiler]

Benki

Alright so now a room won't load up, but I can still open the room up in SMILE.
Just when I load up ZSNES to emulate it sits blank.
It also happens when I'm playing in game directly from ZSNES. I'm not sure what the problem is.
Do you think a solution would be to point the level data to a different area in HxD?
Edit: Never mind :) Solution was to remove all PLMs and Enemies.

Zero One

Quote from: Benki on March 28, 2013, 09:50:07 PM
Title screen editing (palette editing)
When I let metroid come in from the intro it ends up like this

But when I skip the demo it comes out like I want it to.

The Super Metroid logo has two palettes. One for skipping the intro cutscene, which is the one you changed, and a fade-in palette if you don't skip it. You'll need to find and change the fade-in palette too.

Benki

How would I go from SNES LoROM to PC File Adress?

TheGuy

I believe there's a program called "Lunar Address" it should be here on the main site it shows the LoROM and PC Address and something else I think I used it like..twice but that converts it for you.
EDIT: Here's the http://fusoya.eludevisibility.org/la/index.html very handy tool

Benki

Quote from: TheGuy on April 02, 2013, 12:58:25 AM
I believe there's a program called "Lunar Address" it should be here on the main site it shows the LoROM and PC Address and something else I think I used it like..twice but that converts it for you.
EDIT: Here's the http://fusoya.eludevisibility.org/la/index.html very handy tool
:lol: That goes from PC File Adress To SNES LoROM, I'm looking for the inverse operation.

TheGuy

Wow I never noticed there wasn't a reverse function on that O_O I think they say there's a way to do it in your head or something if you know what to do one of the gurus here probably knows something real complex to tell you xD

Smiley

And what stops you from typing the SNES address to the right box to convert it to a PC address?

Crashtour99

Quote from: Benki on April 02, 2013, 01:14:45 AM
:lol: That goes from PC File Adress To SNES LoROM, I'm looking for the inverse operation.
Just type/copy/paste your SNES address in the appropriate box and it will translate it to PC for you.  Believe it or not, it does work in reverse.  I do it all the time when I have to find something in HxD.

Benki

Well how would I manually repoint a room (My Spore Spawn room doesn't work . :nope: ) I overwrote the data so I'm not too sure there's a way to fix it (outside of copying the original spore spawn pointers and putting them in the original spot)

Edit : Second question, When I try to point stuff in my ROM it doesn't go the where I tell it to point, Ex : I tell ENEMY population to go to $A1 | EBF0  , But it doesn't go there! It goes to some pointer close to that, but not the exact thing ._.

Szandor

Is it appearing at $A1 | F0 EB instead? If yes, then don't forget than the SNES CPU (65c816) is little endian. If you are placing this address in hex, you need to swap the high/low bytes. Just like the 3 byte pointers for room data are reversed in the room headers (i.e. if you were storing a room at $A1:F0EB, the room header would store it as EB F0 A1).

Also I can't believe this is my first post...I guess I just need to talk more...(goes back to hiding in a dark corner and continues coding).

Benki

I would like to change the low energy alert sound, It's annoying. I'd like to change it to maybe like a metroid sound?

DSO

Quote from: Benki on April 03, 2013, 06:03:43 PM
I would like to change the low energy alert sound, It's annoying. I'd like to change it to maybe like a metroid sound?

$90/EA9D A9 02 00    LDA #$0002              A:0000 X:0000 Y:003B D:0000 DB:90 S:1FF4 P:envmxdiZcHC:0928 VC:057 00 FL:29378
$90/EAA0 22 4D 91 80 JSL $80914D[$80:914D]   A:0002 X:0000 Y:003B D:0000 DB:90 S:1FF4 P:envmxdizcHC:0952 VC:057 00 FL:29378

A contains which sound effect is used. The JSL points to sound library 3, you can change this to library 2 or 1 if you want, by using the appropriate JSL location as you can read in http://jathys.zophar.net/supermetroid/kejardon/RandomRoutines.txt . Just scroll down to "Sound Libraries".
Do note that some sounds (especially enemy ones) are dependent on area music and thus will not be the same in all areas. For consistency, you should test to ensure your chosen sound for the health alarm is the same for all areas.

Benki

Quote from: DSO on April 04, 2013, 07:51:44 AM
Quote from: Benki on April 03, 2013, 06:03:43 PM

$90/EA9D A9 02 00    LDA #$0002              A:0000 X:0000 Y:003B D:0000 DB:90 S:1FF4 P:envmxdiZcHC:0928 VC:057 00 FL:29378
$90/EAA0 22 4D 91 80 JSL $80914D[$80:914D]   A:0002 X:0000 Y:003B D:0000 DB:90 S:1FF4 P:envmxdizcHC:0952 VC:057 00 FL:29378

A contains which sound effect is used. The JSL points to sound library 3, you can change this to library 2 or 1 if you want, by using the appropriate JSL location as you can read in http://jathys.zophar.net/supermetroid/kejardon/RandomRoutines.txt . Just scroll down to "Sound Libraries".
Do note that some sounds (especially enemy ones) are dependent on area music and thus will not be the same in all areas. For consistency, you should test to ensure your chosen sound for the health alarm is the same for all areas.
Where would I find sound Library 3 (02) In the ROM?
And how would I extract the sound?

Zhs2

Barring your next question, I am going to refer you to this topic: http://forum.metroidconstruction.com/index.php/topic,469.0.html
Specifically, the section where it says to post in relevant topics (or new ones if the search function doesn't find one for you) instead of continually using the same thread for your questions. Expect this topic to be cleaned up sometime soon into others, and I realize it's all my fault I didn't get on you about this sooner. I'll be watching you from now on.

Benki

Quote from: Zhs2 on April 04, 2013, 07:43:07 PM
watching you from now on.
:< I just don't want to fill this section with questions, Sorry.