News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Changing Bomb Torizo's Held Item?

Started by Boostguardian, April 01, 2013, 01:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boostguardian

Hello community!

I recently got back into super metroid hacking (I used to be on samusforum uk before it got hacked) and am trying to improve my hacking skills.
So far I have been using HXD, Lunar adress and SMILE with no issues to work on a full hack where I'm rearranging rooms and the like, but I've stumbled across an issue.

I'm trying to make the bomb torizo the first boss of the game, and I want him to yield the morph ball as the reward instead of bombs.

The issue I have is that I can't seem to get the game to realise that the battle should begin once morph ball has been obtained in the room.
As soon as you pick up the item, you are free to leave, and the torizo doesn't appear.

In the hack at this point the only other item you have is grappling beam.

Is there some sort of Hex workaround to what triggers this? Or am I restricted to having bombs be the only item which will begin this battle.

I couldn't find any information on the web on this query, but thanks to anyone who helps/replies!
Once the hack is more developed I'll begin posting about it hopefully!

Benki

Boostguardian

OK I will, but had a quick look already.

I thought changing the item's value might work but that just redirects the item to provide bombs still.
Thanks for the advice though!

Edit: Had a look through the full site, no luck.

I know that if you enter the room with bombs, the door will shut regardless of picking up an item, so it's something to do with the game checking that you have bombs when you're in the room. I would have to assume that there is some lines of hex that direct to this check, and am hoping there's a reference to the item code in there somewhere that can simply be changed to morphing ball.

Metaquarius