News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

SM : diverses questions

Started by Cloud20, March 05, 2013, 09:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloud20

Hello everyone

I have two questions :
First, can we disable the grapple effect? To explain, I want to keep the grappling for the destruction of grapple blocks (opening "magnetic doors"), without the attraction side effect.
A friend of me find some game genius code for that, but I don't understand h FFow it works because I can't find them in hex. They are values I have :
7E0A29 X (X=00 or FF)
7E0A64 X (X=00 or 01)

Other question : I want to have a different timing for the ending sequence
Worst end = over 1h15
Middle/helmet end = between 45 min and 1h15 min
Best end = under 45 min

I dont remember if a guide was made for that.

Quietus

For the ending timer, check JAM's 'Ending time alteration v2' patch on the patches page. :^_^:

Cloud20

Thanks Quietus, I didn't know this patch from JAM. This detail will be fixed soon  :^_^:

JAM

For times under 99 minutes, it's better to use v1 (not v2) AND 99' of timer patch. Because v2 is using free space and it's better for using times like 1 hour 23 minutes 45 seconds or over 99 minutes like 04:30 for best time and 06:00 for worst time. 99' of timer patch causes the game to count time in minutes after 1 hour and stop counting time after 99:59. So, with help of 99' minutes patch you can set BestTime as 45 ($2D) and WorstTime as 75 ($4B) and uncomment few lines to count as minutes.

Cloud20

Quote from: JAM on March 05, 2013, 12:02:48 PM
For times under 99 minutes, it's better to use v1 (not v2) AND 99' of timer patch. Because v2 is using free space and it's better for using times like 1 hour 23 minutes 45 seconds or over 99 minutes like 04:30 for best time and 06:00 for worst time. 99' of timer patch causes the game to count time in minutes after 1 hour and stop counting time after 99:59. So, with help of 99' minutes patch you can set BestTime as 45 ($2D) and WorstTime as 75 ($4B) and uncomment few lines to count as minutes.

Thanks JAM :)

Cloud20

Just a question I've in mind, how to blackout the door transition?
I mean during the fading between two rooms, I want to remove all graphics appearing during this time. I believe that Grime made it in Project Base.

MetroidMst

Found this on the main site. I believe it is what you are looking for.

15962 - 0C to ??
Adjusts how quickly the screen fades to/from black when going through doors. 04 = faster, 0C = standard, 1C = slower, etc. (found by DSO)

Quietus

That only changes how quickly the main tiles change when you go through a door, and it doesn't affect the CRE.

I think Cloud wants to have the doors themselves fade.

Cloud: Try DSO's 'Door fade' ASM in the Patches section. :^_^:

MetroidMst

Oh. In that case, go into Edit > Room Properties > Special Graphics Bitflag. Change that to 01 and it should give you what you want. (You will have to do that for every single room.)

Cloud20

Thanks guys :)
Quietus the patch worked perfectly :D