News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid Boss Attack

Started by b_a_c_k__f_i_r_e, February 25, 2013, 06:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b_a_c_k__f_i_r_e

Thank you,Thank you,Thank you, English is not good at Japanese :stern:

I finished in a twist again, there is no cut and stick out is the best part of the hack I wish :nowai:

I think we have had only allowed to look many things secretly
there is a lower level than that of a dignified and everyone over here than in Japan...

...And so secretly want to publish a hack...

By the way, the hack here has become a remake.
When first built, I was in a state that you can not even clear.
Remodeling of the terrain was a hack that was made when the time finally hack the go...
Since the author had loved Metroid, I accepted the remake that feeling take over.
To remake the hack to tell the real authorship is the second time around, but in this...
Version 2.9 I had only been published in nearly relatives already been completed
our willing that led to additional modifications have pointed out too hot.
I mean I think such a bad habit I will want to put the elements of laughter went a weird direction to the course of the remodeling
would like to come to finish the half and aimed at the middle of Full hack.

Are you interested V2.9?
Are you interested or do you prefer the V3.0?

I think I have been wondering whether to publish the V2.9 is here
And so was able to get advice and such variety so much trouble.

Super Metroid Boss Attack V3.0 - Teaser

"Nico Nico Video"[spoiler]http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20179755[/spoiler]
"YouTube"[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg7siPNXGe8[/spoiler]

Super Metroid Boss Attack - IPS Patch
"V1.0"
[spoiler]The original author deletes.[/spoiler]
"V2.9"
[spoiler]
With no additional stage
http://www39.atwiki.jp/252544?cmd=upload&act=open&pageid=19&file=MBA_2.9.IPS[/spoiler]

"V2.9.7.5"

[spoiler]http://co40666.s500.xrea.com/
[/spoiler]

"V3.0"
[spoiler]Wait just for a moment...[/spoiler]

Quietus

Thanks for posting your hack here. :^_^:

It's always nice to see anything that brings us closer to the hacking community in Japan.

I'd suggest that you provide us with v3.0.  Even if it is different for reasons that may not be for everybody, it is YOUR hack, and we should really play it the way you wanted it to be.

Also, viewers here will not be able to view your video if they do not have an account on Nicovideo.  Perhaps you could also upload it to Youtube, or provide us with a link from the Nicoviewer site?

I had a quick look, and came across this.  It didn't play for me, but it may just be the computer at work.

b_a_c_k__f_i_r_e

I have also uploaded Youtube version created an account because I think I knew such
Video content is the same for both

V1.0 -> can't even clear
V2.0 -> Modified to be able to clear rough
V2.5 -> Including re-examination of the door as well as connection
V2.9 -> Full model change...and preparation and announcement to V3.0

I reached here and repeat the test several times to play
on your own or you can play through the test, such as Nico Nico live

b_a_c_k__f_i_r_e

Feeling hard to say anything when you forgot to save to remodel the terrain in Smile

Edit: What that guy below said. Please don't do this.

Parabox

Quietus

So, the hack has some custom music, as well as some custom (or altered) sounds.  There is a small amount of exploration, but it's essentially what the name implies - one boss after another.  I didn't feel that it started off too badly, but soon found myself facing Draygon suitless, with no Supers, no beams, and only a few missiles.  Perhaps I took a path that wasn't intended...

b_a_c_k__f_i_r_e

Quote from: Parabox on February 26, 2013, 02:00:08 PM
Please don't do that.

Did you mean marquee?

Quote from: Quietus on February 26, 2013, 03:20:00 PM
So, the hack has some custom music, as well as some custom (or altered) sounds.  There is a small amount of exploration, but it's essentially what the name implies - one boss after another.  I didn't feel that it started off too badly, but soon found myself facing Draygon suitless, with no Supers, no beams, and only a few missiles.  Perhaps I took a path that wasn't intended...

Is V2.9 did you play?
Item, you should complete all 100%.
There is a place or how nasty is hidden, items recovered in this version is the feeling that "as soon as play" or "up to you".
I would like to wipe out the overall feel, including how and hidden in V3.0.

Quietus

Quote from: b_a_c_k__f_i_r_e on February 28, 2013, 06:18:00 AM
Quote from: Parabox on February 26, 2013, 02:00:08 PM
Please don't do that.
Did you mean marquee?
Yes.

Quote from: b_a_c_k__f_i_r_e on February 28, 2013, 06:18:00 AMIs V2.9 did you play?
Item, you should complete all 100%.
There is a place or how nasty is hidden, items recovered in this version is the feeling that "as soon as play" or "up to you".
I would like to wipe out the overall feel, including how and hidden in V3.0.
Yes, I think it was v2.9.  I guessed that there were a number of places to explore in different directions.  However, lots of players are put off your hack if you do not give warnings or a possibility to go in another direction.  I did not choose to fight two bosses in a row with no ammo.  I defeated Botwoon, and entered the next door, hoping for a way to refill ammo and health, but I was instantly at Draygon, and was killed by the turrets, which I could not destroy (not enough missiles).

I may try your hack again at a later date. :^_^:

b_a_c_k__f_i_r_e

Quote from: Quietus on February 28, 2013, 06:29:08 AM
Yes, I think it was v2.9.  I guessed that there were a number of places to explore in different directions.  However, lots of players are put off your hack if you do not give warnings or a possibility to go in another direction.  I did not choose to fight two bosses in a row with no ammo.  I defeated Botwoon, and entered the next door, hoping for a way to refill ammo and health, but I was instantly at Draygon, and was killed by the turrets, which I could not destroy (not enough missiles).

I may try your hack again at a later date. :^_^:

Hmmm ...I can not help speaking unavoidable V2.9, so we limited the remake of a level that does not break much original I I worried a little or take a "one road that is a set route or" take "degrees of freedom plethora of" maybe.
Also, I think I'm just fine ...
Do you remember... I'm sorry if you were mistaken identity.

https://m2k2.taigaforum.com/post/smmini__super_metroid_fantasy_and_dazzle_v2.html

Authorship and authorship of this hack above is the same, but I was also a remake.
Authorship, but says that this is a good hack of a hack you anymore
Maybe I'd finished my jar more great hack if you want to do something
Thank you in the future.

Quietus

It was me that posted at the end of that topic. :^_^:

I understand that you would like to give players freedom to go in different directions, but it is good to give hints toward any immediate danger.  Entering a boss room with no warning is not a problem if ammo is plentiful, but when I played your hack I had no intention of fighting Draygon.  I was hoping to refill, but suddenly found myself fighting him anyway.  Perhaps you could put the eye doors in, to warn players that the next boss fight is in the next room.  That way, players can go back to get missiles or health.

b_a_c_k__f_i_r_e

地道にコツコツと日々改造作業進行中
なんか面倒で日本語で書いてしまったがwww

地形がさらに増殖中

V3.0は、見逃すなよっとw

Parabox

Quote from: b_a_c_k__f_i_r_e on August 12, 2013, 10:55:27 AM
Hacking progress is going at a steady pace
I've written this in Japanese, so it should be a little troublesome, hahaha

I'm making the hack a lot larger

Don't miss the v3.0 release, haha.

Shitty translations, yeahh.

MetroidMst

Just something I found while playing 2.9 today that you might be interested in. I played it until Bomb Torizo, and as soon as he stood up, all music and sound stopped completely. I was able to defeat Bomb Torizo, but as soon as I touch the door tiles to exit, Samus freezes in place, and I can no longer do anything. Not sure if that bug has been brought to your attention yet.

EDIT: Just had a talk with person701 about it, and it works fine for him on his Wii emulator. The emulator I am using and having this problem with is SNES9x 1.53

personitis

I was talking with MetroidMst about his issue over chat earlier and decided to give the hack a go. Pretty good from what I was able to play. I had the same issue as Mst did except after fighting Crocomire the game froze. I was playing on the Wii emulator Snes9xGX 4.3.2. Hopefully you can get these issues resolved as this is a fun hack so far. ^-^

b_a_c_k__f_i_r_e

Thank you Paradox :bounce:

Well, but is a review of the bug ...
It might have been overlooked is expected to be minimal freeze other than extreme hack production so was not able too, such as bug check even on track.
Emulator that the author is using
(I use mainly here) 1.43 v17 svn123 Snes9x rerecording
uosnesw (Snes9x informal)
It can not be confirmed, such as differences in reproducibility and complex emulation setting by each emulator, such as bug by it for these two.
Was the only confirmed Is it freeze by BGM :nod:
I think what you have various operations on an emulator such as playback such as read, but I knew that the bug is caused by the difference of reproducibility.
You can not explain it and I'm anti-Because it is a way for you are not familiar with an extremely abnormal, such as the structure of the author himself emulator, but it is under consideration or in the description of the hack the emulator recommended :nowai:
Remodeling It is difficult :eyeroll:
Thank you for your comment :heheh:

b_a_c_k__f_i_r_e

V2.9.7

So...

I certainly confirmed about sound bugs.
The bomb room becomes overlapped when the bird's appearance changes when the bird's statue changes to the boss after acquiring the bomb and the bobby's sound which collapses when it changes to the boss.
I thought it would be understood if I thought carefully, so I did not fix it (because I was experiencing even with other hacks)
However, if I could fix it, I wanted to fix it.
Are there any good ideas? Smartly :D

日本語で話したいけど駄目だよねw

b_a_c_k__f_i_r_e

b_a_c_k__f_i_r_e

thx

V2.9.7.5   UP!!