News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

imac rom patching

Started by osullivanbeara, December 18, 2012, 04:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

osullivanbeara

I've downloaded a utility called multipatch to apply ips patches for super metroid hacks.It works for the most part but does not support the eris ips.Is there an alternative utility for mountain lion.thanks in advance

Quietus

The patches should still work fine, but you'll need a headered version of the ROM.  You'll be looking at 3,073KB instead of the usual 3,072KB.

Phazar

Moved to Engine Works.  osullivanbeara, please make sure you are posting threads in the correct board.  Off-Topic is for things not related to hacking.

osullivanbeara

hello everyone.i have a problem no amount of googling can seem to help me with.i want to patch eris which of course is headered but can not find a headered rom anywhere.the rom i have seems to be the same one wherever i go (ju 3,145,728 bytes) whether its coolroms or emuparadise.it matches neither the specified size for the headered or unheadered rom but must be headered as i have patched szm,dependence etc to it.i am on mountain lion so lunar ips is a no go.is there a rom hosting site with a clean rom or is there a utility for mac that i can use to clean the rom i have.thanks in advance.

Quietus

Oh dear.  No doubt lockage or deletion will follow, but in answer to your question, you can just use your unheadered ROM, and add a header yourself.  Download SMILE, open your ROM, and look in the Tools section.

Zero One

He's on a Mac. I could be wrong, but I don't recalled a Mac release of SMILE.

Quietus

Ah, OK.  Even so, I believe emulators are available for the platform, which would allow a Windows environment, even if only temporarily.  WINE is one even I have heard of.

Zhs2

osullivanbeara: Do note that asking for ROMs here is against the rules, since it is illegal to host or serve them; however, I do believe that with a little Googling your problem is solved easily (just as long as you know what to search for.) Searching "snes headering tool mac" gives me a tool called NSRT. Hope it helps. :^_^:

Edit: Merged this to your old thread which is highly related.