News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Gfx of ammo pickups & other

Started by Mettyk25jigsaw, January 27, 2013, 11:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mettyk25jigsaw

Hi, anyone who can help me here would be great, anyone know what offset one would go in tlp or some other gfx editor on a rom in order to edit these two categories (their gfx), 1. the ammo pick-ups that you get after defeating enemies eg, 5/20 unit energy, S. Missiles + Missiles, PB's etc....2. The gfx for the missiles, S. Missiles, power bombs/bombs etc. that comes out of Samus' Gun when fired or lays the P. Bomb/bomb....Categories 1 & 2 may actually use the same gfx, I don't know for sure though...Thankyou to anyone who can answer...

Crashtour99

I can't remember what the offset is, but I know that they're not compressed in the ROM (just like enemy graphics) and they're between the grapple beam graphics and all the other beam gfx.  Palette used is D01A0-0F in SABS IAG.

The collectable drops and Samus' projectiles do indeed share the same gfx, so if you change say, the gfx for missiles, it'll change for both the missiles Samus fires and the missile pickups dropped by enemies.  This can be changed by altering the tilemaps and graphic AI in $8D and $86 respectively, however $8D has no freespace so you'll have to get rid of projectile tilemaps for something else to make space.

Quietus

Mettyk25jigsaw

Thanks Quietus and Crashtour for your help, both of you were of great help, cheers.