News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metconst YouTube Channel

Started by Scyzer, July 11, 2013, 07:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetroidMst

Quote from: Zhs2 on July 12, 2013, 03:08:32 PM
The topic for video submission could also consider playlist submission and could possibly and potentially be reviewed faster than self-hosted videos as well. The only real bottleneck is people uploading single submissions...
No.

A run should not be added until it is finished. The channel is not a personal channel where you add to it a couple of videos at a time for a run. It is the MetConst channel, and as such, it should not host half-completed runs by multiple people. Once the runs are completed? Submit the links. Before that, they should not be submitted.

SMILE guides and ASM tutorials would be treated differently, as a series covering every single enemy and what you can do with them is far more important to the channel overall than a run. (And besides, a video showing how to make a Geemer into the ultimate enemy is more complete than a LP that is 20 minutes into Super Zero Mission.) Although, it should also be said that if you have a two, three, or more part tutorial for making new doors, it would probably fall under the same thing as the runs. Complete it first.

The reason for this is, for anyone who stumbles upon the channel or looked something up that led them there, they should not see a bunch of incomplete guides/runs. If they found something they searched for there, the whole thing should be available to them. What good is it if they look up how to make save stations work, and they don't get the whole thing?

Zhs2

This is what I meant by an approval process, and I was referring more to people's upload speeds than content...

Quietus

Quote from: MetroidMst on July 12, 2013, 02:59:48 PMA submission thread like this is not a competition, and does not need to abide by any arbitrary schedule.
I was just thinking of the poor moderation crew having to check it so regularly. :^_^:

I agree that video sets should be complete before upload, with the exception of information / tutorial videos.  For the tutorial side, it may be worth considering some material for the beginning of each video, so that they all look like they've come from one source, even though the tutor may differ.  I'm thinking of something similar to the beginning of videos on SDA.  It's only a few seconds long, but would have info on MetConst, the subject, and the tutor.