News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Most online record was beaten!

Started by JAM, January 19, 2013, 06:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JAM

Most Online Ever: 125 (17-01-2013, 11:57:36)
Last record was 117 if I remember right. Is this a trend of having most people online in the middle of January?

Smiley

Seems to have been 125.

Edit: Aaaand after re-reading your post... :stern:

Zhs2

Quietus

And people with multiple personality disorders.  We count as seven, for starters, don't we?  Speak for yourself.  You're so argumentative.  No, we're not.  Shut up.

JAM

Most Online Today: 531. Most Online Ever: 531 (Today at 02:01:29)
So, bump! What happened today?

Retroo

Yeah and i saw there was 420 guests online, and almost all of them were looking at the Super Metroid Rotation topic.

JAM

Quote from: RetroKnuckles on January 04, 2016, 09:18:42 PM
Yeah and i saw there was 420 guests online, and almost all of them were looking at the Super Metroid Rotation topic.
Looks, like these thing is turned the world around... =)

Vismund Cygnus

Someone on r/gaming made a post about the hack there, and it got quite a large amount of attention. The amount of stress that resulted from the increased traffic caused the forum to screw up for a little while. So if you were trying to post earlier and were wondering why it wasn't working, there ya go!

Quietus

Curse these people, trying to sneak into our little corner of the internet. :^_^:

MetroidMst

A contest which brings us hacks with all kinds of new things and interesting ideas? Barely a blip. A hack that turns the original game 90 degrees? OMG EVERYONE COME SEE THIS!!!1111!

I just have to laugh at things sometimes.

Xenesis

It also got featured on Kotaku. Considering that a Kotaku link often brings down heftier sites, I'm not surprised.

Quote from: MetroidMst on January 05, 2016, 06:57:45 AM
A contest which brings us hacks with all kinds of new things and interesting ideas? Barely a blip. A hack that turns the original game 90 degrees? OMG EVERYONE COME SEE THIS!!!1111!

I just have to laugh at things sometimes.

New stuff is just too scary~

Elminster

I like how this happened in January again.

PKstarship

I bet Metconst is gonna explode with visitors when Metroid Rogue Dawn is released, add then explode yet again when X-Fusion is released :yay:

Quietus

And a veritable mushroom cloud will appear in 2032. :cool:

biospark

If only I could be assured this kind of attention when I release my editor.

Quietus

Only one person drives the hype train. We just add the carriages. :^_^:

MetroidMst

Quote from: biospark on January 05, 2016, 06:05:38 PM
If only I could be assured this kind of attention when I release my editor.
Just release a Fusion hack alongside the editor where the game is rotated.

Steel Sparkle

The hype trains for future releases are real. I think X-Fustion or Phazon 0.4 are gonna be the next games that break the record. Who knows. Guess we will find out! :)

Jiffy

Can everybody respect Arrival for a short amount of time so we can peak 500+ members on at once? :^_^:

Steel Sparkle

Quote from: Jefe962 on January 06, 2016, 05:31:02 PM
Can everybody respect Arrival for a short amount of time so we can peak 500+ members on at once? :^_^:
Honestly im looking forward to that to. I still remember what you want me to do :3
I can't wait to see what this year holds in store :3

A Dummy

I know I'm still quietly anticipating Arrival, but I've still got plenty of other hacks to play and finish.

I'm kinda surprised that SM:Rotation is what got a lot of peoples attention, honestly I thought Project Base was a way bigger deal when I found out about it.
Just the possibilities it created for designing new hacks around it,(It made Hyper Metroid possible for starters.) and the fact that it felt like what someone might expect to see from Metroid on a modern platform, while still somehow doing it all within the limitations of what an SNES could do.

I guess it just goes to show that if you want to get the internets attention, just do something silly.
Maybe we could pass 1000 online at once by making a hack that replaces all the vanilla sounds with fart versions of all the sounds, or something that turns Samus's running animation into a skipping animation.

Quietus

I'm also still waiting for the arrival of Arrival. :^_^:

Jiffy

Quote from: Quietus on January 07, 2016, 06:13:02 AM
I'm also still waiting for the arrival of Arrival. :^_^:
As it happens, so am I! I haven't gotten anything back from JAM in a while. It's kinda worrying me actually.  :yay:

A Dummy

I think JAM has been helping with Metroid Mission Rescue, which is partially why he's taking awhile for Arrival,
and probably some personal projects of his own as well that he's been working on, like SMILE JX.
Such a hacking trooper we have here, helping out other people with their hacks!

Quietus