News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

What is your best 100% item speed run?

Started by RekoningFang, January 07, 2013, 08:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RekoningFang

Zero One

1:32 NTSC emulated, 1:50 PAL actual console. I could probably beat those times.

Quietus

It's not clear whether you want times for Super Metroid or just any game finished with 100%.

If you're after just Super Metroid, then 0:55, though my best recent time is 1:05.  If the latter, then maybe something like You Have to Burn the Rope, which is maybe ten seconds?

RekoningFang

Mine was done on the console.Not the emulator.BTW i watched a speed run video and noticed the guy do the speedball without jumping.Do you know how this is done?

MetroidMst

Quote from: RekoningFang on January 07, 2013, 11:27:51 AM
Mine was done on the console.Not the emulator.BTW i watched a speed run video and noticed the guy do the speedball without jumping.Do you know how this is done?
That isn't possible. However, it can be done with the smallest jump you can do. It just requires fast reflexes.

Quietus

Yeah, the top players do tiny jumps, and within a TAS you need only leave the ground far enough to perform the button presses, and is almost invisible.

As for console / not: It'd be impossible to compete, since I'm in a PAL region.  All of my speedruns are done under 'console conditions', as in all tools disabled.  No slowdown, no fast forward, no saving (unless in-game), and no rewinding.

Fizzer

I think mine is 1:19, [J] emulated. I never play on console anymore because I'm much better with a keyboard.

Black Soldier

Quote58

1:19 [JU] emulater no save states
I think on console it's 1:23 or there about.

Malpercio

ZM, fastest 100% was... hmm.. I know it was sub 2:00, console.
Fastest speedrun was 0:55.

Super.... The only time I remember at all was 89% in 4:15.

Fe

Super Metroid's the only one I've done. 1:34:52 real-time, 1:02 game time. Oh, and I 100%'d Metroid Prime, but I don't know how much time was on the save at the time of me doing it. I think by now it's some 50+ hours  :eyeroll:

RekoningFang

And i thought my time was quick.. :^_^:

Zero One

Last Saturday, I single-segmented a 100% Prime run. End-time, 6:27. Yes, slow, but if I was going for quick, I'd do something that was sequence-break-friendly, i.e., not the Trilogy version.

Sequence-breaking Prime is kidna nerfed for me, since I have the PAL Player's Choice version. A lot of the bugs were fixed, annoyingly.

JAM

00:50 on the JU version. No savestates, slowdowns or other cheating, only using game save stations.

Quote from: Quietus on January 07, 2013, 03:47:29 PM
As for console / not: It'd be impossible to compete, since I'm in a PAL region.  All of my speedruns are done under 'console conditions', as in all tools disabled.  No slowdown, no fast forward, no saving (unless in-game), and no rewinding.
Same here. Plus both of my joysticks are in bad condition. I mean, I can play more or less, but not make a speedrun.

Quietus

Quote from: JAM on January 19, 2013, 05:46:27 PM00:50 on the JU version. No savestates, slowdowns or other cheating, only using game save stations.
This is not far off WR territory. :whoa:

JAM

Yeah, I know. But I started to hate the game after that. And I gave up long time ago because console runs were not accepted after some point (slowdows, rewind key, rewriting etc.). I think I could do about 00:55 now if I try, but I don't want to hate the game again...

Aerezoloh

The fastest I have managed to achieve would happen to be 1 hour 20 minutes on the JU version through the magic of emulation, and only using a save station in Tourian. Not the world's fastest, but compared to how fast I managed to complete it before, it's a record I am pretty proud of and might consider seeing if I can improve on it, one day.

TheAnonymousUser

My fastest Super Metroid was 1:28
http://youtu.be/Ocpe6uCPLeI

This was done for the 25th anniversary of Metroid, so no sequence breaking was allowed. I might try another run but with sequence breaking (I'm pretty sure my no SB run was faster last I remember)

Quote from: JAM on January 19, 2013, 05:46:27 PM
Plus both of my joysticks are in bad condition. I mean, I can play more or less, but not make a speedrun.
I'm on the same boat here JAM. And speedrunning with my keyboard is out of the question.

Quietus

Quote from: JAM on January 20, 2013, 06:44:05 PMI think I could do about 00:55 now if I try
You should have joined our just-for-fun races.  You'd have easily beaten everybody here, as we were all coming in just under the 1:10 mark.

Quote from: TheAnonymousUser on January 21, 2013, 03:22:25 AM
Quote from: JAM on January 19, 2013, 05:46:27 PMPlus both of my joysticks are in bad condition. I mean, I can play more or less, but not make a speedrun.
I'm on the same boat here JAM. And speedrunning with my keyboard is out of the question.
I've been using the same PSX controller and USB adaptor for over ten years.  I'm sure you could pick something like this up fairly cheap.  As for keyboard: :O_o:

JAM

Quote from: Quietus on January 21, 2013, 04:46:23 AM
Quote from: JAM on January 20, 2013, 06:44:05 PMI think I could do about 00:55 now if I try
You should have joined our just-for-fun races.  You'd have easily beaten everybody here, as we were all coming in just under the 1:10 mark.
I guess, next time I will.

Quote from: TheAnonymousUser on January 21, 2013, 03:22:25 AMI'm on the same boat here JAM. And speedrunning with my keyboard is out of the question.
I've been using the same PSX controller and USB adaptor for over ten years.
Yeah, but you haven't played (I guess) fightings such as Mortal Kombat with friends over and over. So, both of my joysticks are not in good condition.

I'm sure you could pick something like this up fairly cheap.  As for keyboard: :O_o:
I should admit: Sega wins the console battle in our country (but lose in war eventually). It sucks when console you have have no support. I can even buy the new clone of Sega Mega Drive 2, but it's hard to find something new (or at least in good condition) for Super Nintendo. Besides of that, I'm not very good for speedrunning Super Metroid using joystick. Last 10 years I've used keyboard. And... PAL region after all.