News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

The 2012 Mayan Apocalypse Survival Thread

Started by Phazar, December 22, 2012, 01:32:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phazar

Now that we've all been saved by the combined forces of Samus Aran and The Doctor, let's talk about how our doomsdays went.  To be honest, mine wasn't that eventful outside of Christmas shopping, having a coffee, and laughing at the many apocalypse facebook statuses, which may or may not have been made by the zombie horde.  [This can be merged with Talk of the Day if it doesn't generate enough unique discussion, but I figured this could be fun.]

Zhs2

My grandma screamed at my mother at seven in the morning. Also, one of my very good friends broke his hard drive with one punch to his laptop.

A_red_monk_called_Key

the Mayan thought that ripping someones heart out of there chest could make it rain. yet many people thought the Mayan know something the end of time. Why!?

MetroidMst

Quote from: A_red_monk_called_Key on December 22, 2012, 04:54:02 AM
the Mayan thought that ripping someones heart out of there chest could make it rain. yet many people thought the Mayan know something the end of time. Why!?
Humans are dumb and have a mob mentality, so once someone follows a dumb thought, the rest will join so as to not be separate from the crowd.

interdpth

Quote from: A_red_monk_called_Key on December 22, 2012, 04:54:02 AM

Because they knew Astronomy and had very advanced calendars or something

Quietus

I spent most of my day trying to convince people to sign a contract.  If they genuinely believed it was going to end, then they had no need of their car or house any more, right?  No takers.  Ha, some believers they are. :nope:

Digital_Mantra

I took a shit, scratched my nuts and fell asleep.

Cloud20

The day was normal finally, get a kind party until 6AM, and go to job. After, joining my family by train. Happy Ending.
But we decided one thing : celebrating Happy Doomsday every years, the 21 december XD

passarbye

>be playing Farcry 3 till 4 in the morning
what a doomsday...

Zhs2

Quote from: SMILEuser96

http://zebeth.com/planetzebeth/
I never did understand why everybody was celebrating Christmas like four days early. It's not even a real apocalypse.

shadowmaw666

puny humans when will they learn. i just sat around with family and all of us joking that we are dead and in limbo like from the movie inception we just dont know it yet

Weterr123

I went and got Chinese take away, and as it's Christmas, they gave me a free calender.

...But the last date on it is 31st December 2013!!!

I'm tellin' ya, come 1st January 2014, we are fucked.

Quietus

Yep, people seemed to miss the whole Mayan-calendar-logic-applied-to-our-own thing. :eyeroll:

JAM

Quote from: Weterr123 on December 29, 2012, 11:52:30 PM
I went and got Chinese take away, and as it's Christmas, they gave me a free calender.

...But the last date on it is 31st December 2013!!!
They were calendars with last date printed as 21st December 2012. =)

As for me I was looking for my self-made doomsday counter when it reaches zero. I also had portative gas stove and enough food to survive in next 10 days or so.

The next doomsday date is 13.13.13. =)

And to be serious, the total bummer will be if something terrible will happen when no one will be ready to it. Especially, after this false apocalypse alert.

Quietus

Quote from: JAM on January 10, 2013, 07:04:47 PMEspecially, after this false apocalypse alert.
And the other hundred false alarms. :^_^:

JAM

Quote from: Quietus on January 10, 2013, 08:47:39 PM
And the other hundred false alarms. :^_^:
Yeah, but there are more chances to survive when you know what to expect something.

Quietus

It depends on what 'the end of the world' actually is, as to whether we'd even be ABLE to survive it.  Humans all dying would be one end, as would the Earth being destroyed.  The former is at least POSSIBLE to survive.  The latter?  Um, not so much. :^_^: