News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] 2 Gate trick doesn't work

Started by mutant, December 20, 2012, 05:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mutant

hi, i are here again, i have a little problem with smile, i want to use the 2 gate trick explained by person701 ono metconst's documentation, i do all that the document says, i put the red arrows plm's in the correct order, both two gates but it doesn't work! when i try with my second gate it doesn't open the gate that it's a little bit down, here's a screenshot of my configuration of the doors

when i use a missile with the gate of above ( the first gate, the one that doesn't have that gray bar) it doesn't open the second gate, what can be? help? if you found a error of grammar is because i don't talk english at full, sorry

personitis

Ok, so you have a few things wrong here. First off, if the switch for your gate is on the right side of the gate, you need to remove the bottom-most arrow. The arrow should never be on top of the switch (or at least I don't remember if that will affect the trick at all). Second, the arrows should not run into each other. Example:

>>
^

This is wrong. What you want them to do is branch off of each other, like this:

^>
^

So with the setup you have, it would have to look exactly like this:

^
<^
S

^< = Arrow PLMs, S = Original gate switch

The top arrow is where your second switch should be located. :^_^: