News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Z-Factor Hack v1.3

Started by Metaquarius, November 30, 2012, 03:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote58

Just thought I'd mention that it's possible to get the e-tank and missiles from the respawning red puffer room without like, anything.
I assume you're supposed to have space jump and skrew attack for it, so I thought I'd mention I got it the items on my first visit.
For the record though, it was not just walljumping or ibj. It was actually a huge pain in the ass to get. But there was no way I would see those items and then just leave.

GoldenTorizo

Man, searching for Kraid is very confusing. I've went in circles... I'm sure I'm doing something wrong...

MetroidMst

If you recall going into a place in Red Brinstar with a lot of spikes, Sidehoppers, and mouthy-nom-nom-plants... Go back, and become a dentist on the mouthy-nom-nom-plants until you find one that is strangely different inside.

Quietus

Quote from: Shadow96 on December 09, 2012, 10:29:38 PMJust thought I'd mention that it's possible to get the e-tank and missiles from the respawning red puffer room without like, anything.
I also got these.  I did an IBJ with some Power Bombs thrown in. :^_^:

Rothlenar

A bug I ran into right after killing Phantoon. I just exited his room.  :<_<:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

EDIT: I'm using ZSNES 1.51. Samus is offscreen to the right in this screenshot.

Metaquarius

Quote from: Metaquarius on December 09, 2012, 03:41:40 AM
Quote from: Aerezoloh on December 08, 2012, 05:24:56 PM
Not sure if this is affecting everyone, or just myself but I figured I would do well to bring this to attention. Just after defeating Phantoon, I got out, and found myself stuck, unable to do anything. Power Bomb to indicate where Samus ends up after leaving the boss room.
Damn it => I've updated v1.2 with a door fix, download the patch again, this should work now (compatible with your saves). Sorry for that. :sad:

Quietus

Metaquarius, without offering anything spoilery like locations etc., could you post a list of the intended item order, so I know just how much / little I'm breaking. :heheh:

Metaquarius

Quote from: Quietus on December 10, 2012, 11:17:47 AM
Metaquarius, without offering anything spoilery like locations etc., could you post a list of the intended item order, so I know just how much / little I'm breaking. :heheh:
http://forum.metroidconstruction.com/index.php/topic,2353.msg29157.html#msg29157 :portal:

Quote58

Quote from: Quietus on December 10, 2012, 04:47:09 AM
Quote from: Shadow96 on December 09, 2012, 10:29:38 PMJust thought I'd mention that it's possible to get the e-tank and missiles from the respawning red puffer room without like, anything.
I also got these.  I did an IBJ with some Power Bombs thrown in. :^_^:
pffft, power bombs. I walljumped into diagonal bomb jumping into a damadge boost. But ya, that works too.

Quietus

Quote from: Metaquarius on December 10, 2012, 11:44:37 AM
Quote from: Quietus on December 10, 2012, 11:17:47 AMMetaquarius, without offering anything spoilery like locations etc., could you post a list of the intended item order, so I know just how much / little I'm breaking. :heheh:
http://forum.metroidconstruction.com/index.php/topic,2353.msg29157.html#msg29157 :portal:
[spoiler]So, I'm supposed to have fought a boss to get the Speed Booster, huh? :wink:[/spoiler]

Quote from: Shadow96 on December 10, 2012, 12:43:53 PMpffft, power bombs. I walljumped into diagonal bomb jumping into a damadge boost. But ya, that works too.
Hehe, goog job, Shadow. :^_^:

Derakon

Quote from: Quietus on December 10, 2012, 02:52:34 PM[spoiler]So, I'm supposed to have fought a boss to get the Speed Booster, huh? :wink:[/spoiler]
Kind of? You get stuck in a room with a difficult, one-time fight; does that qualify as a boss?

FPzero

Quote from: MetroidMst on December 08, 2012, 11:15:57 PM
Stay in Norfair. Look for a spot in the bubbly area of Norfair and a spot where you need to freeze a Waver to jump up and into another path. That will take you to a lava pit with dragons you need to freeze, and continue on that path. You'll reach Power Bombs soon.
This is what I've been trying to do but I'm stopped at a gray door that I thought would open after killing all the pirates in the room but I've had no luck opening it.  Unless there's once again a hidden path that isn't very clear.

Trying to figure out if I want to start over before I get any further and update to 1.2.

Quietus

FirePhoenix: I got stuck there too.  I'm not sure whether it was a bug or not, but I was 99.9% certain I'd killed them all, yet the door remained grey.  The latest update did fix it.

Quote from: Derakon on December 10, 2012, 05:04:44 PM
Quote from: Quietus on December 10, 2012, 02:52:34 PM[spoiler]So, I'm supposed to have fought a boss to get the Speed Booster, huh? :wink:[/spoiler]
Kind of? You get stuck in a room with a difficult, one-time fight; does that qualify as a boss?
Now even more confused...  The item order linked by MetaQuarius mentions a boss.  Yay, or nay? :O_o:

DonnyDonovan

FirePhoenix --

[spoiler]You also have to kill the enemy you used as a platform once you're on the ledge leading to the door and sure everything else is dead.  Took me awhile to figure it out.[/spoiler]

Quote58

Quietus and FirePhoenix, that room has been mentioned before, and it is total bullshit.
When I got there I killed the pirates and got to the door and was annoyed as we all were to find it locked. I assumed there was a pirate I missed so I tried killing the platform to account for the final pirate, which worked. Then I found out that was the intended solution

Edit: Well pffft. I was a little late on that one.

FPzero

Well that is more esoteric a solution than I'd ever figure out.  Thanks for that, I'll remember it once I get back there. (Went ahead and updated so I restarted all over.  Much faster to play when you know where you're going.)

DonnyDonovan

It's been changed in the latest version.  Yeah, that was totally out of left field.  I tried it as a last resort.

Derakon

Quote from: Quietus on December 10, 2012, 06:03:36 PM
Quote from: Derakon on December 10, 2012, 05:04:44 PM
Now even more confused...  The item order linked by MetaQuarius mentions a boss.  Yay, or nay? :O_o:
Nay if you're talking about the bosses that are in the base game. The specific fight in question is [spoiler]against the bouncing orbs that speed up when you shoot them.[/spoiler] It's basically treated like a boss fight, albeit one with relatively little fanfare.

Regarding the "kill all the pirates" room y'all are talking about, I figured it out without much difficulty, though I was peeved that you're required to fall down once to get to the pirate in the lower area. What, you think those little helicopter dudes deserve to live? ;)

Quietus

I guess most people's thinking was that if it's in the room serving no purpose, then they may have thought to kill it, but since you use it as a platform, then it's not really an enemy, and something else must open the door.  Ergo, come back later.

Metaquarius

Quote from: Quietus on December 11, 2012, 05:06:09 AM
I guess most people's thinking was that if it's in the room serving no purpose, then they may have thought to kill it, but since you use it as a platform, then it's not really an enemy, and something else must open the door.  Ergo, come back later.
Bullshit room indeed. That's why it has been modified in the last update, no more tricky jumps with that flying enemy. Besides, the player gets actually locked in that room which forces him to find the intended way to unlock the grey door leading to the boss.

On a side note, I (purposely) forgot to mention that there's a super secret room in this hack. Actually, the dead soldier in Lower Norfair gives an hint about the way you're supposed to find it. Note that this room is completely optionnal, and I won't blame anyone for not trying to do this little side quest, due to the insane amount of suitless underwater manoeuver required... Good luck ! :heheh:

M1CR0H4CK3R

Hey, I've been lurking the forums for a while now, and just signed up on the forums. I've played Super Zero Mission, Phazon Hack, Ice Metal 1, and many other Full and Overhaul hacks. I just beat this game last night and have found only one problem. [spoiler]I entered Botwoon's room from the other side (don't ask how), and the tiles in the room glitched up horribly. I still beat him, and the tiles reverted to normal after I left the room and returned. I just wanted to point that out.[/spoiler]

MetroidMst

Quote from: M1CR0H4CK3R on December 15, 2012, 08:34:17 AM
[spoiler]I entered Botwoon's room from the other side (don't ask how), and the tiles in the room glitched up horribly.[/spoiler]
That would be why that happened. Not quite sure how you managed to get into there that way. I guess Zaridia can really turn a person backwards...

Metaquarius

Quote from: M1CR0H4CK3R on December 15, 2012, 08:34:17 AM
Hey, I've been lurking the forums for a while now, and just signed up on the forums. I've played Super Zero Mission, Phazon Hack, Ice Metal 1, and many other Full and Overhaul hacks. I just beat this game last night and have found only one problem. [spoiler]I entered Botwoon's room from the other side (don't ask how), and the tiles in the room glitched up horribly. I still beat him, and the tiles reverted to normal after I left the room and returned. I just wanted to point that out.[/spoiler]
Thanks for playing my hack.  :^_^:

There's a bunch of grey doors blocking the access of Botwoon's back door, so normally you can't access it from the wrong side unless :
- you used cheats/glitches or another sort of RAM/ROM alteration ;
- you played the v1.2 with an "old" save, made with previous versions of the hack, which are unfortunately incompatible (this is mentionned in the main post) since door IDs have been changed in v1.2 : doing so can cause some doors (which should be locked) to be unlocked.

What bothers me a lot is you actually beat Botwoon this way, because there's a solid wall in the room which prevents Samus from reaching the left side of the room, thus prevents her from hitting Botwoon. :?:

M1CR0H4CK3R

I know, but I used moon jump, although I probably shouldn't have, to reach extra expansions, and somehow ended up in the room. I had to use charged Wave Beam shots to hit Botwoon, but hey, whatever works.

Quietus

Quote from: M1CR0H4CK3R on December 15, 2012, 08:34:17 AM[spoiler]I entered Botwoon's room from the other side (don't ask how)
Quote from: M1CR0H4CK3R on December 15, 2012, 09:44:12 AMI know, but I used moon jump, although I probably shouldn't have
You're kinda answering your own problem here.  You can't blame the creator if you're going to cheat. :^_^: